PDA

View Full Version : Metaphysical BaGua!

maoshan
05-02-2001, 08:17 AM
What's up all?
We're known for our training and fighting topics.
Let's take a detour for a moment.

How many on this board do Metaphysical training?
And i'm not talking about simple intent nor the Kung Jing(Empty force). I'm talking about Shen Kung. Have any of you even heard of this training? I will tell you this, it's beyond belief and non-belief. Because any side your for,
I can make you question. it's about what you know.
If you and I are standing next to a tree, can I make you question weather or not this is a tree?
Of course not. You know it's a tree there's no
question in your mind. These methods truly merge
the theory and practitioner into one. Making the theory vanish and become reality to the practitioner who embodies it all. When faced with a situation, he doesn't think, he knows. But that's the end result.
Is anybody training for this.

Peace
Maoshan

Practice doesn't make perfect.
Perfect practice makes perfect.

TheBigToad
05-02-2001, 05:30 PM
Shifu Painter calls this "blowing the dust off the mirror" and its trained in quite meditation. Its more face the reality type idea. Reality will exist as it is and even with someone else preconceived notions and or delusions of it. The tree is still there if you believe it to be some greater illusion of the mind.
This flows into the idea of martial practice because it forces one to become aware of his own short comings and weakens and to recognize when he should fight and when he should run away, his realistic abilities.
The beauty of this all is once we "blow the dust from the mirror" and see who we REALLY are, not what we wish we where or delude are selves to be, but have a very clear reflection of us, we can then go a make strengths of weakness and improve and grow where are once fell short.

The circle will always be, but you alone decides when it starts and where it ends.

Daniel Madar
05-03-2001, 05:07 AM
:Shhhh:

count
05-03-2001, 04:35 PM
Well, I for one, am intrigued by your question. I have always felt that a person should pick a martial art that matches their spirit. If this is so, than the techniques of your style would already be instinctive. In this sense, we are not learning what we did not already know, but we are training the body to do what the spirit wants it to. I think it is the constant drilling of technique that makes the technique a part of you. I agree with Kevin, that meditation is key in development of the spirit because the more you meditate, the longer you can hold on to it after you stop. But I think the most beneficial training we do toward this end result is mixing things up and changing the order of the forms. Doing the chan su jin and lo schuan exercises in no particular order, in fact changing the order every time. Circle walking, and free sparring. But this only speaks of PHYSICAL, what about the meta-physical? What are some of the training techniques you are thinking of?#

razakdigital
05-03-2001, 06:42 PM
I hope this is on the same level you cats are on with this topic...

To me reality is based on perception of it. That perception is based on images from other sources of reference. For example we shape our realities based on what we view on TV. Is that true reality? Or is that someone's view reality or not?

draco
05-03-2001, 07:09 PM
I'm always visiting metaphysical fairs because IMHO they are connected with MA in some way or another as MA being the vehicle to reach that higher spot (whatever that might be).

I could say that I have some metaphysical training (maybe) :D

I like the post "dusting off the mirror" make me think of everything as "I AM"

Daniel Madar
05-03-2001, 10:42 PM
Hey Ben,

I'd like to have this conversation with you, but not in a public forum. Drop me a line.

-D