PDA

View Full Version : shaolin hong mei pai

htowndragon
01-30-2006, 10:31 PM
hey, ive seen these guys once from boulder, CO. when they did a performance at CSU

to be honest, i wasn't too thrilled with the students performance.

ive never seen their teacher, a caucasian dude, perform though, and I can't judge the effectiveness of the style by his teenage (probably a little younger than me) and younger students. What was really intersting was that most of his students were asian, while this guy was 100% caucasian. (who tried to use a lot of chinese terminology in his speech with a uhhh... less-than-comprehensible accent)

i've read about Tommy Kho (is that his name?) but other than that one website i found on yahoo, i haven't heard much about them within the "inner-mainstream" of Jiang Hu/ Wu Lin.

On their website, they divided the "hong style" into four categories:
(as posted from their website www.shaolinhungmei.com )

SHAOLIN KUNG FU

HUNG LIU CHAI LI MOK

The Hung family was further divided into four major groups:

HUNG FAMILY

HUNG GAR HUNG JUEN HUNG MEN HUNG MEI

which is intersting, because i never seen the hong style divided like this. I've heard of Ha Say Fu, various village Hong Kuen, Hong Fut, Hong Tao Choi Mei, Hong Ga mainstream, and the northern Da Hong Xiao Hong (different characters).

Isn't the head instructor Kho in New York somewhere? Can you NY people shed some light on this style?

MasterKiller
01-31-2006, 10:12 AM
How come this guy's kung fu is from Indonesia, he came to US later than Sin The', and yet he doesn't have all the phony Japanese trappings mixed into his style?:rolleyes:

htowndragon
01-31-2006, 10:47 AM
haha good question