PDA

View Full Version : MMA tournament in Louisville, Kentucky 1-28-06?

Judge Pen
01-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Anyone have any information on this? A link to the results, etc.?

MasterKiller
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
this is the only thing i can find

http://www.derbycityjiujitsu.com/app_pages/forum.php?viewmessage=76

Judge Pen
01-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Hmm. Apparently an SD student fought in this tournament and won by a TKO in the second round. I was wondering how big an event it was, etc.

MasterKiller
01-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Sweet.

Sounds like a local amateur event. But a win is a win.

Judge Pen
01-31-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't know him that well, but I've seen him fight. He's a student in Johnson City, Tennessee. A big beefy guy who's first name is Chris. I haven't fought him yet, but his only training was SD. I was hoping there was a reference somewhere. Oh well. . . .

BM2
02-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I was there. It was packed, sold out and over an hour wait just to get inside after the doors opened.
I was very impressed with the talent there as all I had to compare it to had been the two Kentucky Fighting Challenge (KFC) events that I had attended in Louisville and Lexington. This one was in a cage instead of the ring as the KFC had.
The talent in the KFC is very broad but this was much more intense. Didn't watch all of them as my sons were getting tired. Yeah I am a unfit parent :rolleyes: said so on the news for anyone who would take kids to that event. The Boxing commison was trying to stop it or it was rumor to have been.
Had to park two blocks away and this was a bad area. That is another story:eek: