PDA

View Full Version : This is my sifu

hskwarrior
01-31-2006, 11:58 AM
i've posted this in the southern section here but i think some including Gus has never seen the site i made for my sifu.

before anyone rips it, it was a free website with very little room to do anything. so i did what i could for being a computer dummy.

http://www.tienloong.zoomshare.com

Oso
01-31-2006, 12:13 PM
looks good.

just a suggestion but you might go back and see if there is an option to set the resolution for a slightly smaller screen.

800x600 is a good one that most people...especially those of us at work w/ smaller monitors...will be able to see w/o side to side scrolling.

hskwarrior
01-31-2006, 12:21 PM
i guess i should look at it from another computer. on my screen which is 19" it looks ok.

but i am very limited in what i could do. so checking it out from another comp would do me good huh?

but thanks for the comments

hsk

Oso
01-31-2006, 12:33 PM
yea, a 19" moniter means you're probably running 1280x??? something

my website person recommended optimizing for 800x600 that way it would show on most 15" screens and older systems like Win98.

looks like a tough sum*****...must be good training :)

Green Cloud
02-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks Frank, I just checked out the link, very cool pictures of your sifu. I also noticed that he had alot of Chinese students.

hskwarrior
02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
GreenCloud,

thanks man. yeah i can't lie, my sifu pretty much prefers to teach mainly chinese because of thats how he was raised. There's a famous church in SF called the GLYDE memorial church and my sifu used to teach a lot of non chinese there back in the early days.

but when i came around my sifu's school which was called the Tien Loong Gung Fu club there were no white folks in the school. all the students looked at me like WTF is that whiteboy doing in here. I remember sparring like the first day i was there because some wanted to test me to see what i know. then my si-hing BJ asked me after the sparring if i knew anything before gung fu because he could tell. i told him i grew up around martial arts since i was about 5 years old. my father was a black belt under some karate teacher while my older brother was a blackbelt under Rick Alemany in SF.

thats why i'm a proud hung sing man because i am the first to make it to Lau Bun's family tree. actually i'm the second person to make it. Hannibal yusef -my sifu's first student is the first African American while i am the first Caucasian. all else is asian.

gus i tried calling you last night. i call you again later.

hsk

hskwarrior
02-01-2006, 03:23 PM
make sure to check out the photo album section. lots of nice photo's there too.

Green Cloud
02-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Just checked out the photo albulm, All I can say is wow very cool pictures. I like the rare pic with Arc Wong sifu. Too bad the rest of these guys haven't figured out how to use this forum to come together like we have peace.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-01-2006, 09:31 PM
nice dude.

i dont know who half the guys are in the pics, but your sifu looks sturdy as ****.

chud
02-01-2006, 11:06 PM
It's cool that you set up a site to honor your Sifu. This is how we as young internet-aware disciples of kung fu can help ensure that our Sifu's legacy is recorded for future generations.

hskwarrior
02-01-2006, 11:13 PM
i appreciate everyone's kind words for the website that i posted about my sifu.

i am and will always be very loyal to him and proud to be his student.

i did this to my sigung and dai sigung as well.

my sigung's http://www.jewleong.zoomshare.com

i agree with you chud, i wanted to honor my sifu as best i can. he deserves the best because of what he's accomplished after where he's been.

tell me what you think about my sigung's site. thanks