PDA

View Full Version : OT: Terra Cotta Warrior Brought to Life

mickey
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Associated Press

January 25, 2006

Beijing, China
================================================== ================

Chinese scientists are denying the rumor that they actually brought a Terra Cotta warrior to life. Confidential sources confirm that they used bio-frequency tuning, a method that has been used with great success in the Giza Experiment, to bring a stone warrior back to life. They decided to use this method after discovering that the stone was highly evolved plasma in suspended animation. According to these sources "the result was horrific. The warrior began killing people, well known scientists, left and right. The warrior managed to escape the facility. When it surfaced and looked at everything around him, he began screaming. He kept screaming until a bright light emitted from his frame and he was gone. Disappeared" Apparently a picture was taken of this warrior and has been circulatiing through underground sources.

Update: KungFu Magazine has managed to get the picture of this warrior. It is in the March/April edition on page 67. Amazing, simply amazing. This is an amazing phenomenon that is a testimony to what science can do. Great job in getting the photo. Fantastic!!!

mickey

SanHeChuan
02-01-2006, 03:46 PM
uhhh...WTF?!:eek:

is that a real story?
Do you have a link?

GeneChing
02-01-2006, 04:03 PM
When I visited Xian, I looked all over in hopes of finding a terracotta warrior that looked like me. I found one that looked like my cousin, but none that looked like me. But there are so many of them, I might have missed myself. I'm just grateful that our underground sources paid off on that photo...

SevenStar
02-01-2006, 04:05 PM
reminds me of an old series I watched, where in a particular episode, some guys found a viking on ice and managed to revive him... was it an old episode of baywatch nights?

GeneChing
02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
I'd be a frozen viking for Pamela Anderson. Oh wait, Baywatch Nights. Pam didn't make it on to that spinoff. No wonder it tanked...:p

anton
02-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Encino man!

SPJ
02-01-2006, 07:38 PM
the stone statues are replica of real persons, generals, soldiers, horses etc.

they are to guard the first emperor in his after life.

of course the real persons passed away circa 2200 years ago.

interesting theory.

:D

Oso
02-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Encino man!

yea...good movie...

GeneChing
02-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I gotta hand it to you, mickey, this is a fine thread. Only those 'in the know' really get what you're talking about.

If I was the Qin Emperor, my terracotta army would consist entire of statues of Pamela Anderson...

@PLUGO
02-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I gotta hand it to you, mickey, this is a fine thread. Only those 'in the know' really get what you're talking about.

If I was the Qin Emperor, my terracotta army would consist entire of statues of Pamela Anderson...

and rather than terracotta they'd be made of Nacho and filled with . . .er, sauce

monkeyfoot
02-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I am sooo confused with this thread.....

goi
craig

GeneChing
02-03-2006, 05:23 PM
CENSORED BY GOOGLE.CN
I must award mickey with a FREE UGLY BRUCE LEE PATCH. IM me your mailing address mickey, and I'll mail you your prize. :p

Just think, a nachocotta Pamela Anderson warrior army guarding my tomb.

mickey
02-03-2006, 05:41 PM
CENSORED BY GOOGLE.CN

This is NEWS and ALL I am going to get is an Ugly Bruce Lee patch?

mickey
02-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Tokyo News Service

Tokyo, Japan

February 2, 2006

The Government of Mainland China has offered a statement to what transpired on January 23, 2006 and to what was reported by the Associated Press:

"On January 23, 2006, there was a laboratory explosion that killed several scientists and several members of a research team from the Museum of Oriental Studies. This was a great loss and our deepest sympathies go out to the families of those we lost. A Terra Cotta statue was decimated in the blast.

It is most unfortunate for the Associated Press to suddenly start printing rumor and annonymous sources as news. Their conduct only shows that the very best in Western Journalism seldom rises above the tabloid. Their news story minimizes the true loss of life and stomps on those lost lives with a fictitious dream.

As far as the photo is concerned, given the aforementioned, it is a baseless attempt to capitalize on the imaginations of people.

And it is to the aggrieved and the people that dare to believe the farfetched, that the Associated Press owe a retraction and an apology."

mickey

GeneChing
02-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Next thing you know, they'll be running stories about Race Bannon (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40193)...:o

David Jamieson
02-07-2006, 11:24 AM
First, a link to the pic would be much appreciated, second, the fugly bruce patches are a larf, you should get one mickey and sew it to the crotch of your silks for a heavier effect. :D

and third, an army of pam andersons is too much breast power for only one emperor to handle, it would have to be shared with the world or for sure there would be a breastpocalypse!

mickey
02-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Tokyo News Service

Tokyo, Japan

February 6, 2006

The Associated Press has released the following statement in response to the statement offered by the Government of Mainland China:

It is an honor for the Associated Press to be considered the "very best in Western Journalism"(sic). It is rare that a government offers such praise. We do our best.

With regard to annonymous sources, we regard the lives of our sources highly. We honor our confidences with discretion. We will not offer names as proof of our integrity. We know that game.

Please do indulge us while we do attempt to rise above the level of tabloid with the following sentence:

The Museum of Oriental Studies is located in Cairo, Egypt.

mickey

GeneChing
02-20-2017, 10:01 AM
We had a decent thread (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?58843-Qin-Shi-Huang-s-Terracotta-Kingdom) on China's Terracotta warriors but it was deleted by the original poster. We have two more 'Terracotta' threads (a movie (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?67187-Rise-of-the-Terracotta-Warriors) and a Shaolin show (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?42153-Terracotta-Warriors-Deng-Feng-Monks)) and 40+ mentions, but hey, it's President's Day and I have to work, so I'm ttt-ing this oldie but goody. ;)

Here's hoping the rest of you got the day off. :)

China’s terracotta army prepares for war - against replicas (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/19/chinas-terracotta-army-prepares-war-against-replicas/)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/02/17/terracottaArmyGetty-1461373c-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfNLcW atHis1V_3CKt3MGAY.jpg
The terracotta army CREDIT: GETTY

Neil Connor, beijing
19 FEBRUARY 2017 • 5:07PM
China's iconic Terracotta Warriors are making a defiant stand - against a rising tide of fakes which authorities claim have infringed their copyright.

In an ironic reversal of roles from a country which is known as the home of counterfeit goods, the Museum of the First Qin Emperor warned in a statement that it "reserves the right to pursue" anyone it believes infringed copyright of the army of ancient stone soldiers, horses and chariots.

The warning comes amid media reports that museum officials are planning to sue two ‘terracotta warrior’ attractions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/02/17/Anhuai-terracotta-IC-CRI_1-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq1AT3Q7Sc9uaffdHBes0nLmtT0g K_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg
The Anhui attraction CREDIT: IC/CRI

Shanghai-based web portal thepaper.cn cited a lawyer saying the museum was "preparing" a case against owners of a huge display of soldiers in China's eastern province of Anhui – hundreds of miles from the original in the northern city of Xi’an - and an exhibition of replicas at a train station in Belgium.

The Anhui theme park last week attracted accusations that is was seeking to cash in on the original terracotta warriors, which are considered one of China's must-see tourist sites.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/02/17/belgium-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrWYeUU_H0zBKyvljOo6zlj0aes usvN1TE7a0ddd_esI.jpg
Replicas of terracotta warriors in an exhibition in Liege, Belgium CREDIT: XINHUA

The attraction in Belgium appears to be an exhibition of dozens of repica lifesize warriors in Liege Railway Station, according to Xinhua news agency.

The terracotta army guards the burial site of Qin Shihuan, China’s first emporor. Additional reporting by Christine Wei