PDA

View Full Version : Sevenstar

Green Cloud
02-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Sevenstar is a moderator right?? Just curious because it seems to be his job to play the devils advocate. Play close attention he instigates coments then he dissapears. I guess it's a good thing to get a thread started.

I just wanted him to know that I know. I just ask that he be more objective and not play everyone for a fool just to create controversy. Change your tactics I'm on to you.

hskwarrior
02-01-2006, 11:28 PM
i'm on to you too buddy:mad:

;)

Green Cloud
02-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Carefull we might get banned by the baninator:rolleyes:

Green Cloud
02-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Personally I can give a rats ass, look around if you cant treat individuals like they have half a brain than maybee all the green cloud and CTS people can pull out as supposed to using condoms.

Mr Punch
02-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Personally, I think he's one of the fairest and most balanced members of the board.

IMO, he doesn't get involved in stupid trad vs mma debates as he's practised both (and seen the strengths and weaknesses of both): and he doesn't engage in flame wars or usually take sides. He does sometimes demand proof of people's claims, and if sometimes those demands seem short-tempered I guess it's because he's been here since he was glint in the Stone Egg and has seen it all before.

All you saw on that stupid flame thread the other week was him sometimes agreeing with Knifefighter (which isn't the same as being in a gang, or attacking anybody in particular).

I should just mention for partiality's sake that I don't always agree with what he says, we don't know each other at all, and we rarely say two words to each other online either.

His main problem is a lack of street cred.

(Seven: the invoice is in the mail)

Green Cloud, considering everybody's calls for calm and most people's ludicrous flame antics recently I would suggest that starting a thread like this is causing more trouble than Sevenstar does (he has certainly AFAIK started a thread with the purpose of calling anyone out, challenging anyone, threatening anyone, or casting doubt on anyone's character), and is again a bit paranoid!

What was the point of this that couldn't have been kept to a PM?

green_willow
02-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Sevenstar is a moderator right?? Just curious because it seems to be his job to play the devils advocate. Play close attention he instigates coments then he dissapears. I guess it's a good thing to get a thread started.

I just wanted him to know that I know. I just ask that he be more objective and not play everyone for a fool just to create controversy. Change your tactics I'm on to you.

Yes I've been noticing he's doing that lately. It seems to be a technique he picked up from one of the late trolls on this forum. If this is true than although the troll has been banned, part of it continues to live in sevenstar.

Sevenstar mentioned that a particular troll had the neck of stirring up ppl but at the same time raising a worthwhile opposing view.

It's all in the archives.

Green Cloud
02-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Personally, I think he's one of the fairest and most balanced members of the board.

IMO, he doesn't get involved in stupid trad vs mma debates as he's practised both (and seen the strengths and weaknesses of both): and he doesn't engage in flame wars or usually take sides. He does sometimes demand proof of people's claims, and if sometimes those demands seem short-tempered I guess it's because he's been here since he was glint in the Stone Egg and has seen it all before.

All you saw on that stupid flame thread the other week was him sometimes agreeing with Knifefighter (which isn't the same as being in a gang, or attacking anybody in particular).

I should just mention for partiality's sake that I don't always agree with what he says, we don't know each other at all, and we rarely say two words to each other online either.

(Seven: the invoice is in the mail)

Green Cloud, considering everybody's calls for calm and most people's ludicrous flame antics recently I would suggest that starting a thread like this is causing more trouble than Sevenstar does (he has certainly AFAIK started a thread with the purpose of calling anyone out, challenging anyone, threatening anyone, or casting doubt on anyone's character), and is again a bit paranoid!

What was the point of this that couldn't have been kept to a PM?

I'm not trying to stir anything up just asking a question and trying to set the record strait. BTW whats a PM???

hskwarrior
02-02-2006, 08:41 AM
pm is private message gus.

if you go into the profile you can send a pm to someone.

Chief Fox
02-02-2006, 08:56 AM
I think he makes well thought out arguments to support his points and I don't think he specifically attacks anyone. For example, I don't think he would start a thread specifically about 1 member of the board just to talk about them. Who cares if he's playing devils advocate. Personally, it makes me think about how I approach my training.

As far as banning goes, I don't think that many people get banned from this site. I've also noticed that there aren't a lot of ban threats made by moderators. I haven't been around for as long as some but I can only remember a few people getting banned and they were all trolls. And bad trolls at that.

Maybe you should just PM Sevenstar and discuss with him.

SevenStar
02-02-2006, 09:32 AM

nah, I don't disappear. I train. I'm only online at work. after I do my thing, you guys post three pages worth of stuff - either that or let the thread go entirely, and I never see it when I come to work the next day.

SevenStar
02-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Carefull we might get banned by the baninator:rolleyes:

I don't care about attitudes over the net, as I told you before. you won't be banninated for that.

SevenStar
02-02-2006, 09:38 AM
I think he makes well thought out arguments to support his points and I don't think he specifically attacks anyone. For example, I don't think he would start a thread specifically about 1 member of the board just to talk about them. Who cares if he's playing devils advocate. Personally, it makes me think about how I approach my training.

As far as banning goes, I don't think that many people get banned from this site. I've also noticed that there aren't a lot of ban threats made by moderators. I haven't been around for as long as some but I can only remember a few people getting banned and they were all trolls. And bad trolls at that.

yeah, I think what it is is that

1. all of the green cloud guys are fairly new here

2. a lot of my recent posts have involved their crew

they really aren't personal attacks at all, unless one is brought on me or someone else - like the attack jules and a few other green cloud guys have made.

SevenStar
02-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Yes I've been noticing he's doing that lately. It seems to be a technique he picked up from one of the late trolls on this forum. If this is true than although the troll has been banned, part of it continues to live in sevenstar.

Sevenstar mentioned that a particular troll had the neck of stirring up ppl but at the same time raising a worthwhile opposing view.

It's all in the archives.

who needs archives? you can just ask. His name was Ego Extrordinaire. he can troll and raise a good point at the same time, when he tries. He did this on the southern forum, which I also mod. On the main forum, he mainly just trolled. I've always posted the way that I post - ego didn't teach me that. If my posting style wads your panties, then so be it... Like I keep saying, this is only the internet. If your skin is so thin that things here get to you, then you probably shouldn't be here anyway...

hskwarrior
02-02-2006, 10:54 AM
hey,

that sucker seven star bannimated me before. but like an ugly growth i just won't go away. LOL

i beat the bannimator!!!!:D

SevenStar
02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
it's BANNINATOR - get it right ;)

and yeah, I banned you before, but that persona was fairly obnoxious and I received a lot of complaints about it.

hskwarrior
02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
that persona was on purpose.

but i remember i was like "go ahead, i don't give a shet, i dare you to ban me, i'll be back." then the next day i tried to log on and was like "oooh, that son of a hairy back flea infested beast really banned me!!!"

but like i said, i'm back. but this is the real me, most times.

peace

PangQuan
02-02-2006, 01:42 PM
SevenStar is ok in my book.

He is always very respectful towards others, and speaks his mind according to his own personal experiences.

thats what we are all here for. to share our knowledge.

recently, admitting to being the devils advocate, he issued a polite debate with me on another thread.

we exchanged posts a couple times, and only good came of it.

the questions and points he posed raised new ideas within my own life and training. It is a good thing to always question where we are at. it helps to keep things in perspective and real.

Sevenstar + 47 street cred.

SevenStar
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM

yeah, I'm still workin on this one... *sigh* :(

SevenStar
02-02-2006, 04:32 PM
that persona was on purpose.

but i remember i was like "go ahead, i don't give a shet, i dare you to ban me, i'll be back." then the next day i tried to log on and was like "oooh, that son of a hairy back flea infested beast really banned me!!!"

but like i said, i'm back. but this is the real me, most times.

peace

:D that should get some of my street cred back.

hskwarrior
02-02-2006, 04:40 PM
get that smirk off ya face:mad:

Green Cloud
02-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Seven star just curious I was just reading some of your replies on the on my explanation of forms, is it your job to not agree with anything I say??

Is this done to keep me posting. I understand why you do what you do but it's frustrating when I make a good argument about a point and you can't seem to agree with anything.

Like the sinewaly patterns and the heaven and earth stuff for example. Come on you have to learn the pattern first by yourself and then you do it with a partner. I know you know that. In kung fu we have forms training and two man forms training, and I know you know that it's the same thing.

I don't mind when you fuel the debate a bit to make it interesting, but you go to far. Heres what happens I say it's white you say it's black, well what do you think happens after that?? I'l tell you what happens, it gets old and well then I stop posting. That doesn"t do the thread any good.

Soon after that guys like me that are an authority on certain topics jump off the thread than the thread dies. With the exception of a few guys that continue the useless debate.

I guess the point I'm making is that some people expect real educated answers to questions, but all they get is un objective bantering from people that are trying to stirr it up.

Heres the deal it doesn't matter how much you mix **** up in the end youre still left with ****.

Don't get me wrong seven star I like to be questioned, it helps me prove my point, but only when I'm speaking to an objective party, not some one that going to childishly dissagree with what ever I say just for the hell of it

Knifefighter
02-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Like the sinewaly patterns and the heaven and earth stuff for example. Come on you have to learn the pattern first by yourself and then you do it with a partner. I know you know that. In kung fu we have forms training and two man forms training, and I know you know that it's the same thing.
I practiced my sinawali and other drills with a partner from the very beginning when I was first learning. While there were some "by yourself" drills, those were mostly a waste of time.

Green Cloud
02-02-2006, 11:39 PM
How is doing sinewally patterns by your self a waste of time. It builds speed power and it's a good cardio workout. You think It's a waste of time well that just shows how inaffective your training regiment realy is.

See while you only get a chance to be a weekend warrior, that is when you actualy have some one to work with. I'm still practicing my drills with my sticks with or without a partner. Tell me who do you think will have better tech. in the long run.

See thats why you should work for Kung fu TC magazine like seven star so you can spew an endless amount of uneducated nonsense just for the sake of argument. If you dont already work with these guys, why else would you be in this forum if you were not meant to stir it up.:confused:

hskwarrior
02-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Sinawali Is Far From Being A Waste Of Time. When The First Set Of Moves Are Executed (the 3 Strike Combo) It Is Meant To Be Done In A Climbing Motion. For Example, Strike The Hand, Arm And Head.

Sinawali Can Be Done Between Two Trees And Is A Good Exercise To Develop Those Techniques.

With A Partner Sinawali Is Great Because You Can Do It While Moving Around In A Circle, Forward And Backward, Side To Side, And Up And Down.

I Think Its A Great Tool.

Knifefighter
02-03-2006, 12:23 AM
How often do you two guys use your Sinewali techs in full contact fighting?

hskwarrior
02-03-2006, 12:28 AM
If You've Been Stickfighting For 25 Years Now You Should Know The Benefits Of Practicing Sinawali.

But You Can Definitely Use Sinawali Using 3 Strikes But After That Is What Ever Happens.

Knifefighter
02-03-2006, 12:42 AM
If You've Been Stickfighting For 25 Years Now You Should Know The Benefits Of Practicing Sinawali.
Not the way most people practice it.

Jules
02-03-2006, 05:26 AM
yeah, I think what it is is that

1. all of the green cloud guys are fairly new here

2. a lot of my recent posts have involved their crew

they really aren't personal attacks at all, unless one is brought on me or someone else - like the attack jules and a few other green cloud guys have made.

Oh, do you mean the one that came after you posted that blatantly sexist comment?

You know, I was going to stay out of this one, but you basically just called for me to say something to you. Did you miss me or something?

~~Jules

green_willow
02-03-2006, 05:57 AM
who needs archives? you can just ask. His name was Ego Extrordinaire. he can troll and raise a good point at the same time, when he tries. He did this on the southern forum, which I also mod. On the main forum, he mainly just trolled. I've always posted the way that I post - ego didn't teach me that. If my posting style wads your panties, then so be it... Like I keep saying, this is only the internet. If your skin is so thin that things here get to you, then you probably shouldn't be here anyway...

Was it difficult for you to decide whether to ban Ego Extrordinaire when he was both creating a nuscence and contributing value at the same time? I've read some of Ego's stuff in the archives I thought he was quite incoherent - maybe I got the name wrong but I'm sure someone raved on like a loonie.

Re touchiness of ppl on the forum. Some traditional schools are steep in tradition. In the old days you say something which is percieved to be disrespect, it can be taken as a death match challenge through the death arts - so the story goes - or at least those touchie ppl on this forum have been led to believe.

Green Cloud
02-03-2006, 12:07 PM
How often do you two guys use your Sinewali techs in full contact fighting?

All the time with my senior guys, we do the drills in stages. first by your self then with a partner, and then free style with padded sticks for the beginer intermed. guys. AS far as the advanced people it's full contact baby.

SevenStar
02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh, do you mean the one that came after you posted that blatantly sexist comment?

You know, I was going to stay out of this one, but you basically just called for me to say something to you. Did you miss me or something?

~~Jules

Yeah, I miss ya, beautiful. I knew you would look. Anyhoo, that comment wasn't made by me, remember. I was merely quoting it.

SevenStar
02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Seven star just curious I was just reading some of your replies on the on my explanation of forms, is it your job to not agree with anything I say??

Is this done to keep me posting. I understand why you do what you do but it's frustrating when I make a good argument about a point and you can't seem to agree with anything.

I don't mind when you fuel the debate a bit to make it interesting, but you go to far. Heres what happens I say it's white you say it's black, well what do you think happens after that?? I'l tell you what happens, it gets old and well then I stop posting. That doesn"t do the thread any good.

Soon after that guys like me that are an authority on certain topics jump off the thread than the thread dies. With the exception of a few guys that continue the useless debate.

I guess the point I'm making is that some people expect real educated answers to questions, but all they get is un objective bantering from people that are trying to stirr it up.

Heres the deal it doesn't matter how much you mix **** up in the end youre still left with ****.

Don't get me wrong seven star I like to be questioned, it helps me prove my point, but only when I'm speaking to an objective party, not some one that going to childishly dissagree with what ever I say just for the hell of it

FWIW, I don't disagree with you for the hell of it. I disagree with you because I disagree with you. And it's not on everything, mainly just issues about forms and training methodology. IMO, forms just are not the same thing. They share some similarities, but are not the same, which is my main point in the thread you're referring to.

SevenStar
02-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Was it difficult for you to decide whether to ban Ego Extrordinaire when he was both creating a nuscence and contributing value at the same time? I've read some of Ego's stuff in the archives I thought he was quite incoherent - maybe I got the name wrong but I'm sure someone raved on like a loonie.

Re touchiness of ppl on the forum. Some traditional schools are steep in tradition. In the old days you say something which is percieved to be disrespect, it can be taken as a death match challenge through the death arts - so the story goes - or at least those touchie ppl on this forum have been led to believe.

here's the thing... the raving loonie posts weren't him. That's why he was banned. He was letting another banned member that he became acquainted with post under his name...

as for the touchiness, I fully understand what you are saying. However,

1. this isn't the old days
2. this is the internet

If someone walks in your school dropping challenges and talking BS, then by all means mollywock him. Over the net, this means nothing.

Becca
02-03-2006, 02:27 PM

Don't know about his street cred, but he also makes me think about where my training is headed. He's also the first one who's oppinion I trust on this forum, though I've never met him. But his oppinions are always worth reading.

Nothing wrong with being a devil's advacte. I think that might have had a roll in his nickname,"bannonator.":eek: :D

Mizri
02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
what the heck is going on in here:eek:

Becca
02-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Welcome back SC! :)

Jules
02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I miss ya, beautiful. I knew you would look. Anyhoo, that comment wasn't made by me, remember. I was merely quoting it.

Don't call beautiful what you haven't seen; that's cheesy. And like I said then, you wouldn't have quoted it if you hadn't meant it. Heads up: sexism doesn't get you a lot of play, at least not from smart girls. :p

~~J

green_willow
02-03-2006, 04:25 PM
here's the thing... the raving loonie posts weren't him. That's why he was banned. He was letting another banned member that he became acquainted with post under his name...

Must have been like the yin & yang of trolling very taoist don't you think? Ego had the method and he brought in the madness. You should call that period the Method & the Madness. So what ever happened to those two characters?

as for the touchiness, I fully understand what you are saying. However,

1. this isn't the old days
2. this is the internet

If someone walks in your school dropping challenges and talking BS, then by all means mollywock him. Over the net, this means nothing.

I would correct what you're saying. It was probably never like that in the old days with death matches and all that. Unless you're meaning movies in the old days.

If you watch kung fu movies now - often they take the pi$$ out of the old movies. This gives ppl like you the licence to take the pi$$ outta touchie feelie ppl who base their kung fu understanding on old movies IMHO.

IMO those touchie ppl were probably geeks who got picked on at school who never learned to fight back because they've joined non contact kung fu schools. ppl who do real kung fu just roll with the punches where sticks and stones can hardly hurt them.

Merryprankster
02-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Jules, I read every single thing Seven posted on that thread. Contextually, what Seven did was not sexist.

One thing I've noticed is that people usually find whatever they are looking for.

You seem to have been looking for an insult. Unsurprisingly, you found it.

SevenStar
02-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Don't know about his street cred, but he also makes me think about where my training is headed. He's also the first one who's oppinion I trust on this forum, though I've never met him. But his oppinions are always worth reading.

Nothing wrong with being a devil's advacte. I think that might have had a roll in his nickname,"bannonator.":eek: :D

awwwww, thanks!

SevenStar
02-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Don't call beautiful what you haven't seen; that's cheesy. And like I said then, you wouldn't have quoted it if you hadn't meant it. Heads up: sexism doesn't get you a lot of play, at least not from smart girls. :p

~~J

I coulda been referring to your beautiful personality... or it coulda been bait to see if you went on another sexism tangent...

SevenStar
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
what the heck is going on in here:eek:

salt shakers...

Jules
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Jules, I read every single thing Seven posted on that thread. Contextually, what Seven did was not sexist.

One thing I've noticed is that people usually find whatever they are looking for.

I suppose that you're exempt from that rule, then? That because you didn't want to find something sexist in "jealousy is a female trait" then it didn't actually exist?

The point is, anything that generalizes people because of one thing--the color of their skin, their upbringing, what's going on between their legs--is pointless and is going to make someone with a brain go, "Uhh, no."

~~J

PangQuan
02-03-2006, 05:28 PM
I suppose that you're exempt from that rule, then? That because you didn't want to find something sexist in "jealousy is a female trait" then it didn't actually exist?

The point is, anything that generalizes people because of one thing--the color of their skin, their upbringing, what's going on between their legs--is pointless and is going to make someone with a brain go, "Uhh, no."

~~J

Are you trying to generalize my reactions based on the fact i have feelings?!?!:mad:

j/k :p

Jules
02-03-2006, 05:49 PM
I coulda been referring to your beautiful personality... or it coulda been bait

Ahh, but the servant waits, while the master baits.

[/quote]
to see if you went on another sexism tangent...[/QUOTE]

So now pointing it out is a "tangent"?

~~Jules

Green Cloud
02-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Good one Jules;)

Jules
02-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Good one Jules;)

(I can't take credit for that one ... it's from a movie. :D )

Green Cloud
02-03-2006, 08:33 PM
LOL Who cares it was funny:)

Merryprankster
02-03-2006, 10:23 PM
No Jules, I was suggesting that, perhaps, read in context and taken with the appropriate grain of salt, there was nothing especially offensive about what he wrote, unless you were looking to find an insult. I read it and I thought it was pretty clear he wasn't serious, and that his point was merely that jealousy is wasted energy.

That said, you are entitled to be insulted. Others are equally entitled to think that you are perhaps overreacting.

As much as sexism may not be attractive to people with a brain, neither is taking things too seriously.

FatherDog
02-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Don't call beautiful what you haven't seen; that's cheesy.

Who says he hasn't seen you? Your myspace page is linked in your profile.

Jules
02-04-2006, 06:51 AM
As much as sexism may not be attractive to people with a brain, neither is taking things too seriously.

Everyone's got their buttons. Racism, sexism, and all kinds of intolerance and discrimination are my buttons.

Who says he hasn't seen you? Your myspace page is linked in your profile.

*facepalm* You're right. Sorry. But we both know that's not what was going on there. :p

~~Jules

Ou Ji
02-04-2006, 08:23 AM
You know I don't want to make a major discussion over this but if that comment flipped you out that much then maybe this place isn't where you want to be.

I've read much worse than that here and on a fairly regular basis. Being PC doesn't cut it around here. Thick skin is almost mandatory.

Just something to think about.

Merryprankster
02-04-2006, 08:33 AM
"Everyone's got their buttons. Racism, sexism, and all kinds of intolerance and discrimination are my buttons."

This doesn't actually lend any validity to your stance. In fact, it strengthens the case that you might be overreacting.

If this is your button, and you know that, then to me, that would suggest that you realize that you need to take a step back when an issue like this comes up and take a deep breath before answering, because you know you might be in danger of taking something out of context and finding an issue where none exists.

It's your life of course, and if you want to handle it your way, that's fine. But that doesn't mean the rest of us have to consider that either justified or particularly endearing.

Mr Punch
02-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah, what he said.

"Don't make me choke a b!tch".

:cool: :p :D

Jules
02-04-2006, 11:24 AM
This doesn't actually lend any validity to your stance. In fact, it strengthens the case that you might be overreacting.

Thing is, when you finally understand what real issues these are out there in the real world, you realize they have to be taken seriously. I let my friends joke around with me like this all the time, because I know that they know how things really are. But when a stranger on the internet makes a broad statement like that, then I say to myself, "Time to educate."

It's your life of course, and if you want to handle it your way, that's fine. But that doesn't mean the rest of us have to consider that either justified or particularly endearing.

You don't have to find it endearing at all. The thing with stuff like this is, I don't actually care what other people think of me personally. It's not a popularity contest.

~~Jules

Ou Ji
02-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Now that everyone knows your buttons you might want to prepare for an onslaught. :D

You might want to take your stand somewhere else where it might make a difference. Trying to "educate" anyone here, as you can see, is pretty much useless.

Jules
02-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Now that everyone knows your buttons you might want to prepare for an onslaught. :D

Well, that's all right; when someone is just obviously being a moron about it, you can't take them too seriously. I had actually forgotten about it until this thread came along with SevenStar going, "Oh yeah, Jules, hey, Jules, hey, remember me! Hey, over here, Jules! Because you like, insulted me that time! Remember! Hey, me! Over here!" Otherwise I wouldn't have had anything else to say about it.

You might want to take your stand somewhere else where it might make a difference. Trying to "educate" anyone here, as you can see, is pretty much useless.

"Take your stand and leave, young lady! We don't cotton to you forward-thinking types around here!" :p

~~Jules

Green Cloud
02-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Guys, youle never score points with the ladies if youre inept. Just because it's a forum doesn't mean we have to be disrespectful to the ladies. Let it go, we all make stupid comment's. Hell I've been known to put my foot in my mouth when speaking to females, but I can recognize when I'm out of line.

All you have to say is oops my bad I meant no offense.

ingchao
02-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Sifu,
Please check out the PM I sent you

Green Cloud
02-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Just read the message he he he:D :D

Merryprankster
02-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm married. I don't need to score any points with the ladies :D.

So....instead of taking a deep breath and considering whether or not you might be overreacting, you self-righteously choose to "educate" the public at large.

Got it.

Popularity issues aside, this is presumptious of you in the extreme.

re: popularity, I was being a bit glib when I used the term endearing. You had said something along the lines that "the ladies" don't find sexism attractive. I was being equally flip.

However, what I really was saying is "You're being self-righteous and holier than thou for pretty much no reason. As irritated as you might have become with Sevenstar's contextually innocuous comment, understand that others might find your desire to "educate," because you feel "justified" in doing so equally as appalling (or, perhaps, more so). "

Jules
02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
understand that others might find your desire to "educate," because you feel "justified" in doing so equally as appalling (or, perhaps, more so). "

And as I said upthread: I don't really care what people think of me as an individual, unless I actually like them. It's the internet. I say what I have to say here just like I do off the internet. If someone doesn't like my point of view, or doesn't like me, I'm fine with that.

The people I really respect and like, somehow they seem to like me more for being outspoken. Funny how that works out sometimes.

And by the way: since when is SevenStar "the public at large?"

~~J

Mr Punch
02-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Guys, youle never score points with the ladies if youre inept. ...I know plenty of women who would just never speak to you if you called them 'the ladies', and certainly I've never (...? ... rarely...?! :D ) been so shallow as just to be trying to 'score points with the ladies'.

So, as you can see, back to the original context: sexism on a message board, same as any other ism on a message board is ALL about context.

Green Cloud
02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Youre such a playa

Green Cloud
02-04-2006, 06:20 PM
But seriously what's it like to live in Japan.

yenhoi
02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
I will fight Green Cloud for Sevenstar, and I still wont use a knife.

:rolleyes:

yenhoi
02-04-2006, 10:06 PM
And by the way: since when is SevenStar "the public at large?"

Since Dec 1969

:eek:

Vash
02-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Technically, Sevenstar is "the judo hobo at small."

Just a little FYI.

Merryprankster
02-05-2006, 12:07 AM
He's the public at large since you chose to chastise him in public on a public forum.

If you were interested in educating only Seven, you could have used a private message.

Yes, I know he made the public comment, but you seem to be asserting that you were really concerned with educating Seven. If that were truly the case, a PM would have accomplished that.

re: the popularity contest thing. Here's what I find funny about that.

It's ok for you to publicly tell Seven (and the rest of us) what is and isn't acceptable in terms of behavior/comments. That's justifiable, right - especially since he pushed your subjective buttons!

Yet, when I, or somebody else tells you that your own behavior/comments might be out of line, the whole thing is dismissed as a "popularity contest" that you won't deign to get involved in because you're above it.

So one set of rules apply to Seven, his thoughts and his comments and another set apply to you, your thoughts and your comments.

Hmmm. You hopefully see the quandry.

Ou Ji
02-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Yet, when I, or somebody else tells you that your own behavior/comments might be out of line, the whole thing is dismissed as a "popularity contest" that you won't deign to get involved in because you're above it.

So one set of rules apply to Seven, his thoughts and his comments and another set apply to you, your thoughts and your comments.

Hmmm. You hopefully see the quandry.

I doubt she will. That seems to be par for the course for their whole group. I went around in circles with lkfmdc and Green Cloud, plus a few of their troops that came to their rescue, over something similar.

They can do and say what they want while we can not.

I'll get into a long drawn out argument over this but still feel compelled to bring it up. It's taking a stand. Something they approve of unless directed at them.

Hopefully they'll see it or this crap will keep popping up every other week.

Hey, is there anyone here that wants to talk about CMA?

yenhoi
02-05-2006, 06:05 AM
My favorite is, how 'smart' people "understand the real issues in the real world and know how things really are."

Ah hahahahahhahahhahaha.

!

:rolleyes:

Green Cloud
02-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Yenhoi I like your Ying Yang, and it spins to, that's hot. Just curious are you guys still talking about me?? I'm not sure if I should have asked Senen my original question in a PM, but then again no one sent me one.

I've had debates with merryprankster and I never had a problem with him, I even complimented him with how he adressed issues.

My question to Sevenstar was an innocent one. I simply asked if it was his job as a moderator to stir the pot. I was just curious that's all I wasn't attaking his character, nor was it a personal atack.

Being a member of this forum I didn't think that my question had to be a pm.

Ou Ji
02-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Sorry dude, I brought you into it. Others might see each individually, I see a pattern with your group. Most seem to have the same "I can dish it out but I don't expect to have to take it" attitude.

And most of you guys jump right into the insults early on in a discussion. That's one of the nice things about being anonymous on here. You can't call me a pathetic short old guy. You can't pick on my style of MA or where I live.

Jules
02-05-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm going to say this one more time, then I'm done with you. You're the ones who don't seem to want to let things go. Something tells me you're enjoying this in a weird way.

Sevenstar said something rude, I responded in the way that my beliefs dictate. Now pay attention:

I had actually forgotten about it until this thread came along with SevenStar going, "Oh yeah, Jules, hey, Jules, hey, remember me! Hey, over here, Jules! Because you like, insulted me that time! Remember! Hey, me! Over here!" Otherwise I wouldn't have had anything else to say about it.

~~Jules

yenhoi
02-05-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm going to say this one more time

Well Im sure I can speak for The Public At Large when I say thank you.:cool:

"Oh yeah, Jules, hey, Jules, hey, remember me! Hey, over here, Jules! Because you like, insulted me that time! Remember! Hey, me! Over here!"

When/where did 7* "say" this? Looks out of context in the very least.....:rolleyes:

I wasent talking about You Greencloud, I was talking to you, and I wasent the least bit serious... or else I would use a knife.

yenhoi
02-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I should compliment the high media at your website, but that would be out of tone for this thread...

Green Cloud
02-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks:) Just wnated to point out that Jewls can handle her self, so I'm not jumping in on this one, but just for the record the hole sexist thing was rehashed and it's getting old.

Jules
02-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks:) Just wnated to point out that Jewls can handle her self, so I'm not jumping in on this one, but just for the record the hole sexist thing was rehashed and it's getting old.

Thanks; that's all true. I actually had to go back and re-read what Sevenstar actually said in the first place because I had forgotten it. Seems that no one else wants to let it die. Now it's just like a zombie that wants to eat everyone's brain. :rolleyes:

~~J

Merryprankster
02-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Sevenstar said something rude, I responded in the way that my beliefs dictate.

And I and others think you are overreacting, and we're responding in a way that our thoughts dictate. We find your behavior equally as rude or poor as you found Seven's. Personally, I think you jumped the gun, are being self-righteous and presumptious to "educate" us/Seven, and are applying your standards of behavior in a hypocritical manner in this instance.

While I cannot claim to speak to why others who find your comments equally as irritating feel that way about them, I'm going to hazard a guess that it's probably for similar reasons.

Otherwise I wouldn't have had anything else to say about it.

You've said this, yet, you keep posting on this issue.

If it's not a popularity/attention contest, and our opinions on the subject don't mean anything, why do you care at all? You must care, or else you wouldn't post.

I can admit to caring. This forum isn't a particularly large part of my life, but it must have some value to me or I wouldn't come here. Therefore, it's clear that I care. Obviously, if I was never able to post here again, or the forum disappeared, it's not as though I would throw myself off a building - but if I didn't care, I wouldn't bother at all.

Green Cloud
02-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Merryprankster, I'm not sure who you are adressing but I opologize if I have offended you in any way.

greencloudtj
02-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks; that's all true. I actually had to go back and re-read what Sevenstar actually said in the first place because I had forgotten it. Seems that no one else wants to let it die. Now it's just like a zombie that wants to eat everyone's brain. :rolleyes:

~~J

Dont worry Jewls I got your back

T.J

Jules
02-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Dont worry Jewls I got your back

T.J

Thanks, Sehing, much appreciate. Looks like some people here are really enjoying not letting this go. Me, I don't want the zombie to eat my brain.

~~J

Green Cloud
02-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Just for the record my apology to MerryP. is about any past comments that I made, not sur if I did or not, but as far as for Jewsl her Internet fu is better than mine so I don't feel that she needs my help in this matter.

Not related to the comment 7* made, but I do think even though many guys here are ingognito we shoul still becareful when it comes to making sexist comments, or racial stuff and not to mention anti semitist type stuff.

Hey maybee I'm paranoid but, If we don't wach it we could get kkk guys on here.:rolleyes:

Green Cloud
02-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Can you imagine the opening scene to Once Upon A Time in Georgia. Picture this a bunch of Klan members in white sheets , but looking more like the White Lotus society gathered around a burning cross doing Kung FU:eek:

Jules
02-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Just for the record my apology to MerryP. is about any past comments that I made, not sur if I did or not, but as far as for Jewsl her Internet fu is better than mine

Heh, nah, I've just been an internet geek for a looooong time.

~~J

Ou Ji
02-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Can you imagine the opening scene to Once Upon A Time in Georgia. Picture this a bunch of Klan members in white sheets , but looking more like the White Lotus society gathered around a burning cross doing Kung FU:eek:

How do you know they aren't here already?

So, they would be doing Sheet Fu then? :)

Green Cloud
02-05-2006, 06:21 PM
lol That was a good one:p

Merryprankster
02-06-2006, 07:24 PM
No worries Green Cloud.