PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite style of Tai chi Chaun or any other internal art

dre_doggX
05-27-2001, 01:07 AM
What is your favorite internal martial art

Andre Lashley

Prairie
05-28-2001, 12:35 AM
I'm extremely biased as I practice chen style taijiquan. Also, the only other style of taiji that I've seen is yang style. Yang style definitely appears that it could be excellent as well.

I'm interested in other styles as well, but since I've not seen any of them I couldn't consider them favorites. However, xing yi does hold the greatest interest for me...

... next to chen style taiji ;)

Mr. Nemo
05-28-2001, 06:25 AM
I'm actually suprised not to see any votes for hsing-i yet. I've never taken it, but it sure sounds and looks cool.

illusionfist
05-28-2001, 09:28 AM
Sun lineage tai chi and hsing yi!!!

unclaimed effort
06-01-2001, 03:52 AM
Chen style Tai Chi is my favorite. I like it because i like the low stances and explosive moves. I also like it because since it is the oldest style of Tai Chi and is still being practiced then there must be something good about it, right? Yang Lu Chan came , and Sun Lu Tang came, took a strike at the popularity of Chen, but it is still alive. There should be a reason why.

If two tigers fight, the result will be one injured tiger.

Stillness in stillness is not real stillness. Stillness in motion is real stillness.

The Willow Sword
06-01-2001, 04:09 AM
there is a chen form of taichi called "Buddah fist" that i know, and it is my favorite tai-chi form,,i do also love the yang family forms as well. but as i am still relatively young i also like the chen style..but the Buddha Fist Form is the only one i know,,the rest is yang for me.

Rory
06-04-2001, 06:37 AM
The Buddahs fist form is a form that Shaolin Kempo, ussd, and other worthless schools teach and it is not even real. These do not teach tradional Kung Fu of any sort especially there crappy Tai Chi Forms. it is very sad to see them destroy this beatiful.