PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

wuqigong
02-05-2006, 03:51 AM
My dad will pay a trip to wherever I want after I finish my exams. So where to go?

I was thinking about china, Shaolin temple. Train there for a year.

I want to go so I can improve my taiji and eventually become a taiji teacher here in the netherlands. Plus I would really like to go there for myself, make body & mind one, improve myself, etc.

Anyone who knows a nice place to go? Learn very good taiji all day through maybe? Maybe combined with some more intense kungfu.

Something like shaolin, but more comfortable maybe or more free. I'm not a buddhist. I practice Jeet kune do, Taiji, trickz & parkour.

I could also make some kind of tour, visit more then one person and then get some wider experience..And it doesn't have to be china.

SimonM
02-05-2006, 03:54 AM
If you chose to spend a year at Shaolin look me up. I'm about one day north of Shaolin by train.

wuqigong
02-07-2006, 11:21 AM
would you maybe be in to show me around or something? Visit some masters. Maybe as a trip for you aswell? I think that would be a nice idea?

hskwarrior
02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
simon,

how far away are you from Fut San?

HSK

SimonM
02-07-2006, 08:16 PM
would you maybe be in to show me around or something? Visit some masters. Maybe as a trip for you aswell? I think that would be a nice idea?

Depends on the time of year. I am a full-time ESL teacher at a college but if I have time off and I'm not doing something with the GF I'd love to. :)

Start learning Mandarin now. Seriously!

SimonM
02-07-2006, 08:17 PM
simon,

how far away are you from Fut San?

HSK

Not sure. Where is Fut San?

omarthefish
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I think he means "Fu Shan" ("Buddha Mountain") in Guangzhou.

SimonM
02-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Ok. My Cantonese is non-existant.

Nowhere near. Guangzhou is about as far away from Shanxi as you can get without leaving the country... or going to Tibet at least.

omarthefish
02-07-2006, 11:02 PM
I can't really speak any Cantonese either for the most part but I spent about 8 years in southern Shaolin and I watch a lot of movies so I have picked up a bit that way.

SimonM
02-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Round these parts the HK movies are usually dubbed over in Putonghua.

Same with SOME westerm movies. I watched legend of Zorro with subtitles. Funny thing: the dialogue was so simplistic I hardly needed them at all.

Samurai Jack
02-08-2006, 01:20 AM
If I was into Taiji, I'd go to Chen Village. Just an idea. But I've read that guys like Rhen Guangzhou trained there like ten hours a day.

wuqigong
02-09-2006, 11:31 AM
If I was into Taiji, I'd go to Chen Village. Just an idea. But I've read that guys like Rhen Guangzhou trained there like ten hours a day.

That's some interesting place! Gonna check out some more of that, thnkz!