PDA

View Full Version : Weng Chun

VingDragon
02-05-2006, 05:32 PM
hi there!

there is a lot of discussion at european message forums about weng chun system, but silent about this forum :D

anybody?...

PS. i'd like to say happy birthday and happy chinese new year to everyone :)

Ultimatewingchun
02-05-2006, 06:22 PM
OK, Derek...tell us what's new (or old but good) in the weng chun world! :D

VingDragon
02-05-2006, 06:34 PM
hey Victor

answering your question:

- bad news is that lot of politics and private bussiness becomes a part of that great art

but

- good news is that there is also bunch of people who are interested to learn, teach and spread the art in right direction, example - me :)

(no politics, no cults)

ps. sounds like geico commercial, I know but I didn't switched yet :D

best regards

Phil Redmond
02-05-2006, 07:25 PM
hey Victor

answering your question:

- bad news is that lot of politics and private bussiness becomes a part of that great art

but

- good news is that there is also bunch of people who are interested to learn, teach and spread the art in right direction, example - me :)

(no politics, no cults)

ps. sounds like geico commercial, I know but I didn't switched yet :D

best regards
Yep Derek having met you I agree about the 'no politics, no cult thing.
Phil

VingDragon
02-05-2006, 07:41 PM
thx Phil

I have 2 nice places to practise now, Sunset Park and Prospect Park (NY weng chun tongs :) )

everyone's welcome!

snakebyte8
02-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi Derek

Could you tell what "Sap Yat Kuen" means and what is the significance of/idea(s) behind this form?

VingDragon
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
hello,

"Sap Yat Kuen" means 11 hands/arms and this is new name. Originaly that form was called Weng Chun Kuen.

Main idea of the form is to learn basic techniques and body movements in two directions. Beside that, this form teaches you how to apply techniques into close range fight under main concepts of the fight.

Of course, beside that we can put there a lot of heavy staff like energies, 3 universum levels, or other chinese philosophy etc... but I prefer practical things, which have to work in real life - here and now :)

snakebyte8
02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks Derek!

Are you teaching the Weng Chun system as it was taught by Sifu Hoffman?

VingDragon
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
partially...

if somebody is interested, I teach shaolin wengchun without mixing additional martial arts into it. just pure system: forms, drills and applications

another thing is UFS - a modern teaching program: combination of 5 ranges (without traditions)

best regards

Doug H
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
www.wengchun-kungfu.nl

hope you all enjoy the site.

VingDragon
02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
:)

There is also Weng Chun teacher here in Brooklyn, NY

www.imageevent.com/vingdragon
www.derekrozanski.com

yeah!