PDA

View Full Version : Instructors Wanted!

Lama Pai Sifu
02-05-2006, 06:22 PM
WANTED

Individuals with a desire:

-To become a head instructor of a new Kung-Fu School.

-Become part of, one of the most successful Kung-Fu schools in the world.

-To earn a high salary ($50-$80K per year) plus benefits.

-Do what you love for a living.

Seeking individuals with experience in southern styles (especially Choy Lay Fut, Hung Ga - preferrably, but will train the right individuals)

I am opening a new location in approximatly 4-5 months, with the possibility of 2-3 more this year based on new Instructors hired.

Please inquire via, Private Message or email me directy at sifu@nykungfu.com

Must live in NY or be willing to relocate.

Please list contact information when you respond, along with your experience in Martial Arts.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-05-2006, 06:24 PM
WANTED

Individuals with a desire:

-To become a head instructor of a new Kung-Fu School.

-Become part of, one of the most successful Kung-Fu schools in the world.

-To earn a high salary ($50-$80K per year) plus benefits.

-Do what you love for a living.

Seeking individuals with experience in southern styles (especially Choy Lay Fut, Hung Ga - preferrably, but will train the right individuals)

I am opening a new location in approximatly 4-5 months, with the possibility of 2-3 more this year based on new Instructors hired.

Please inquire via, Private Message or email me directy at sifu@nykungfu.com

Must live in NY or be willing to relocate.

Please list contact information when you respond, along with your experience in Martial Arts.

Infrazael
02-05-2006, 09:16 PM
You know Lama Pai Sifu, I'd seriously consider your offer if I wasn't going off to college and has massive more amounts of experience in CLF haha.

But I think 50k - 80k a year is good for a Kung Fu instructor, no?

fiercest tiger
02-05-2006, 11:24 PM
f@CK ME is that how much you guys earn teaching kung fu?

Ill be moving over there to teach then convert your USD into ozzy currency!!

Must be alot of people coming through the schools as well?

For the instructors to make 50-80k whats yoru cut?;)

FT

Eddie
02-06-2006, 01:08 AM
wow - i'd do that if it wasnt for the fact that i just spend a small fortune on building a new school on my own property. would you ever concider international people? i might know someone who could be interested. Good san shou fighter too

Donkwoon
02-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Why don't you just work with the students that you have now?

Lama Pai Sifu
02-06-2006, 04:40 AM
Donkwoon,

Thanks for the input. Who says I don't? :)

Lama Pai Sifu
02-06-2006, 04:49 AM
I will be opening 5 new schools in the next 24 months.

Yes, this is the amount of money that Instructors earn, now, in my organization.

I can attract and retain high quality employees at this level, because we run very professional studios, and our teaching and business systems are top shelf.

I apologize for your misunderstanding, fiercest tiger, but I don't get a 'cut'. I own and run a company in which people work for me. My locations cost over $50K to build and I pay my people well. What I earn is for me to know. :)

But thanks for asking.

Along with expansion of my organization locally, we will be looking for affiliate schools to 'partner' up with. These can be nationally or international. I would need more details to determine if they qualify. So 'yes', have interested parties contact me.

Wood Dragon
02-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Why don't you just work with the students that you have now?

Ninjas killed them.

TenTigers
02-06-2006, 07:03 AM
don't knock it-it worked for Dean Chin. He ran an ad like that in inside kung fu years ago-Jow Ga schools in DC area are all very good. No lack of quality there.
Go for it, Mike!

Lama Pai Sifu
02-06-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks Rick. One my current Instructors, Mr. Couloumbis,..we met several years ago and he had tons of training. He's been working form me for a little over a year and I couldn't be happier with him. It's worked out great. It took him a few months to get the black belt curriculum down (he had CLF experience too) and we trained together amost everyday.

Just looking for some good people, who want to make a great career of the martial arts.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Serious inquiries may call me at my main school at 516.739.8888 after 2 pm.

Mortal1
02-06-2006, 11:39 AM
So northern shaolin, wushu, wungchun guys are out? lol :p

Shaolindynasty
02-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Man, that's tempting

Lama Pai Sifu
02-06-2006, 11:49 AM
No one is out by just thier (Chinese) style. It all depends on the person and thier desire.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Which part is tempting?

:)

Mortal1
02-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Also I work on Long Island and live in Brooklyn. I have seven years of experiance and have taught both publicly and privatley. I am 33 and a total kungfu addict.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-07-2006, 05:35 AM
call me at the office today to discuss it. After 12pm

516 739-8888

That goes for everyone who is interested.

Mortal1
02-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Will do. Thanks.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Try the school again...I was a bit busy... :)

Ben Gash
02-07-2006, 03:38 PM
do you give health and dental?

Lama Pai Sifu
02-07-2006, 06:53 PM
No dental yet, buddy. But, we do have a great health plan, and we just started 401Ks this year. There are also company trips, two to local states (weekends), once per year to florida, once per year for the big convention in Las Vegas (4 days) and 7 days vacation after the first year.

Trips are all paid for by the company. :)

GruBianca
02-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Along with expansion of my organization locally, we will be looking for affiliate schools to 'partner' up with. These can be nationally or international. I would need more details to determine if they qualify. So 'yes', have interested parties contact me.[/QUOTE]

Lama Pai Sifu,

could you please explain more about what you mean or what you have in mind for expansion thru affilate schools? Which kind of affiliation? On which terms,.. so on so forth.

Thank you very much

Luca

Lama Pai Sifu
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Luca, feel free to call me if you are in a position as I described. I don't want to get into prioritary details in an open forum. :)

GruBianca
02-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Dear Lama Pai Sifu,

I understand your concern. Please check your private messages, just sent one.

Regards,

Luca

Lama Pai Sifu
02-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Thanks for all the PM's. You can also email me directly at info@nykungfu.com. Please list your years training, what styles, if you have taught/are teaching if who you have trained with.

I've already had quite a few responses and I've met with 3 potential instructors this week. I met with a gentleman named Anthony last evening that I believe will make a fine addition to my organization. "Anthony, if you read this, feel free to share your experience from last evening."

Although I teach primarily, Choy Lay Fut and Lama Pai (although I have been taught several other styles) I am considering the idea of hiring competent instructors from a variety of styles to teach in my new schools. I believe each location could teach a different style.

Our curriculum is successful because we have it compartmentalized into small parts that make it easy to learn. Our unique curriculum format can be used to literally 'plug in' almost any style. I.e., at a certain level we work certain basics, at a certain level we work forms of a particular skill level, there are certain pad drills an self defense application associated with each basic, etc. Any style could use our curriculum outline and just use tech from that style. The curriclum planners we created have been a result of 15 years of teaching in a professional school. We found out how to balance - just how much to teach each day, each week, to new students so they don't get overwhelmed (teach them what they 'CAN' do, vs. all the things they 'CAN'T' do) , intermediate students so they build a strong base and advanced students so they don't get bored.

Structuring your curriculum so that stuents don't quit so quick. I say "quick" because everyone is going to quite sometime. How many people are still training with their first instructor? I'm certainly not and many of my students come with other experiences. Our school recognizes that and does everything we can to 'delay' that student from quitting. A good sound curriculum and business sense can really accomplish a lot in that area.

Anyway, I thought some of this info today would be good for instructors and school owners to read. Maybe it will encourage you to contact me, maybe just get you thinking. :)

Also, I've been contacted by a few schools who would like to become affiliate schools or would possibly like to merge and become part of my company. If you are a school owner that is struggling and feels that they can't make it on their own (an honestly, who wants to just 'make it'?) Contact me. Maybe we can do something together.

info@nykungfu.com

Be your best.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-09-2006, 09:14 AM
If I am not at the office, please leave a message and let them know what it is regarding. :) 516 739-8888

Lama Pai Sifu
02-10-2006, 09:57 PM
PM box keeps getting full. Serious inquires please send email to info@nykungfu.com

Thanks to everyone I've spoke to so far, I'm looking forward to starting some great new relationships.

If I haven't gotten back to you yet, I will respond to everyone else Sat./Mon.

Have a great weekend.

Mortal1
02-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I met Sifu Parrella last week. He has a great combination of business and applicable martial arts teachings. He has a whole system of keeping people interests in our short attention span society. This is a great opportunity for the right person. He has really devoted his kungfu on marketing and it seems to be paying off. He is an impressive bussiness person who is focused with a game plan. He lays it all out so you know what he expects and what you sould expect. I think he is sincere and would be a good mentor for both business and kungfu. I aslo met a couple of his talented respectful instructors. I feel that at the very least I have made a new martial arts friend.

Cheers Sifu Parrella

Anthony