PDA

View Full Version : Spider Kung Fu

Blacktiger
02-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I asked this question on the main forum but got zero info so I thought I man try you guys.

Does anyone have any information or has heard of Spider Kung Fu?

:)

joedoe
02-06-2006, 07:45 PM
I think I answered in the main forum. My sifu has mentioned it, and shown us a few things but has never really taught spider kung fu. It was mostly to do with hand techniques, and some specific footwork.

Blacktiger
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah thanks for that I remember....Its definatley a style, I have seen it mentioned in a few books but with no elaboration on the style its self or history :D

joedoe
02-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Same, there was no detail given about the style. He just showed us a few things to demonstrate something different to what we normally do, and to try to illustrate the different 'feel' of it.

Emeraldphoenix
02-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Years back when i was studying Goshin Shin Ryu, a Sensei told us a story about when he was in his early 20's. He got into a tangle with a spider kung fu guy. Sensei said he was getting the best of the guy and then he hit the guy dead in his nose, ****ed the guy off. next sensei goes in on the guy and the spider guy basicall thrust his fingers into sensei chest muscle. said it was pain he never had felt before, so in a panick he rips his self loose from the guys hold. really tore his muscle up bad. had pics for proof. it took him about 3 months to recover from that one. He said very low stances and incredible hand strength. take it for what it is worth...

GeneChing
02-07-2006, 10:12 AM
What is spider kung fu in Chinese? zhi zhu quan?

Blacktiger
02-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Im sorry cant give a real reference other than the info I have given.

I came across the topic reading a book by Dr Glenn Morris - Path Notes of an American Ninja Master.

He glanced over it quickly in the book and it caught my interest, I will have a look tonight and see if I can get any more details and will post what I find.....He did mention some names and a tiny background but it was very brief.

bruceleroy/WFH
02-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Never heard,i heard of elephant gongfu but no spider kung fu.....:confused:

Blacktiger
02-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok guys I finally dug out some rough info from the book I was reading.

The reference is made in realtion to Y.C. Chiang who is a master of white crane kung fu and tai chi in the states -El Cerito California...

Now the man who taught Y.C. Chiang is the spider kung fu master but no mention of his name is made.
All that is mentioned is that this spider kung fu master who taught Y.C. Chiang was also the teacher of the last chinese emperor and was friends with Takamatsu sensai - Hatsumi's master (ninjutsu).

Now you would assume that Y.C. has the spider kung fu.

Thats all I have to go on - do any of you know of this master in the US.

mickey
02-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Hello Blacktiger,

You may be able to contact Y.C. Chiang at this site:

http://www.wenwuschool.com/

mickey

Blacktiger
02-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the info Mickey I will check it out