PDA

View Full Version : Some people are just so silly!

MaFuYee
10-21-2001, 03:46 PM
http://www.chikung.com/punch.gif

"In 1981, I witnessed Gary Clyman request Grandmaster Ch'ang Tung Sheng to hit him so
he could reality test his Gold Bell Training. He was hit 6 times and kept smiling. He is the
only person I ever saw brave enough to do that."
- Dr. Chi-Hsiu "Daniel" Weng Ph.D.

i had no idea, in chinese, "brave" is another word for "stupid" ! :D

Why would you say that I am insane? I wouldn't say that I've lost my mind simply because I've heard the voices and seen the godless things moving in the woods. If anything, I think more clearly now than ever before. - Ash

MaFuYee
10-21-2001, 03:48 PM
i love how the guys in the background, are laughing their arses off!

Why would you say that I am insane? I wouldn't say that I've lost my mind simply because I've heard the voices and seen the godless things moving in the woods. If anything, I think more clearly now than ever before. - Ash

Chang Style Novice
10-21-2001, 03:49 PM
Dude, if he tried that with me.....!

He'd probably be pounding on my corpse the last 5 times.

Stranger
10-21-2001, 04:05 PM
Gold Bell- isn't that the chi kung where you hang the weights off your testicles? Do Ch'ang lineage shuai-chiao practitioners do that chi kung typically?

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Chang Style Novice
10-21-2001, 04:06 PM
gold bell is (as far as I know) another name for iron body.

Water Dragon
10-21-2001, 04:13 PM
I think you're referring to Gold Balls

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

JWTAYLOR
10-21-2001, 04:30 PM
Golden Bell, or Golden Bell Cover is the idea that you generate a chi field around your body cushioning or defelecting any blow that would come into you. At least that is how I have come to understand it.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Stranger
10-21-2001, 05:57 PM
My bad, I think what I'm talking about is called "golden egg". I got confused.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Wongsifu
10-21-2001, 06:23 PM
ts ts stranger what are you thinking about again...
lol

Yeah jwt is rite you envelop your body in a chi field to protect yourself from being hurt , as opposed to iron body where you toughen the body up by hitting it, so that it is more resilient , wich in turn also brings out energy....

About that photo isnt gary clyman temple chi kung MR MINDLIGHT NEI KUNG dude ????
Thhat weirdo in his ad ? If he could do that stuff boy im impressed, but then again ive seen so many answers to that picture others say it was a challenge or whatever...

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

ChiGung
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Gary Clyman may have taken one too many punches to the head because he sure does have a BIG HEAD !

He passes himself off as some kind of MASTER ...
He can't even master himself - he is a total ego maniac

David Jamieson
04-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Gary Clyman may have taken one too many punches to the head because he sure does have a BIG HEAD !

He passes himself off as some kind of MASTER ...
He can't even master himself - he is a total ego maniac

take it outside hateboy.

you dredge up an 8 year old thread for that?
Traveling around the internet dissing someone is lowest of the low and I don't even know who you're talking about.

you get a D-

:p

GreenCloudCLF
04-30-2009, 12:14 PM
take it outside hateboy.

you dredge up an 8 year old thread for that?
Traveling around the internet dissing someone is lowest of the low and I don't even know who you're talking about.

you get a D-

:p

MUWAHAHAHA you beat me to it.

What ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

golden arhat
04-30-2009, 01:19 PM
i didnt know non members could post :confused:

David Jamieson
04-30-2009, 01:33 PM
they can't.

those are old and dead accounts that get tagged as guest because they are inactive but still in the database from 8 years ago.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-30-2009, 01:44 PM
****it . .. i thought jwt was back.

lkfmdc
04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I think it would have been fun to let master Chang beat the heck out of me

but reviving an ancient, rotten, stinkin dead thread for nuttin SUCKS

off with the troll's head!

SPJ
04-30-2009, 01:53 PM
1. golden bell cover or jin zhong zhao.

2. iron cloth shirt or tie bu shan.

yes they are some kind of body conditioning to take punches and kicks, so they are not entirely just qi gong practice only.

so is iron crotch etc.

on the other hand, there are some sort of protective vests that people would wear under their regular garments such as

1. soft gold vest, jin si lu, it is a mash of gold threaded together, so knife or sharp object may not penetrate

2. soft porcupine vest or ruan wei jia, it has many pointing sharps, some times coated with poison, so if some body punches you, they will be bleeding as they punch into sharps and pointing needles coated with poison, ouch big time

3. leather vest, these are more common, so the knife may not cut into you easily.

--

of course, nowadays, we have bullet proof vest etc.

talking about technology to protect ourself.

to practice golden bell or iron shirt, one has to suffer pains and gruelling conditioning or self hitting,

we for most, we might as well buy and wear a protective vest

---

wow what an old thread indeed.

:eek:

David Jamieson
05-01-2009, 06:17 AM
These forms of protection in the sense of tcma are pretty thorough conditioning exercises.

Besides the repetitious striking and the toughening of the body and mind from it, there is also the stretching that pulls the fascia muscle, the chi kung to correct the breathing patterns used while being struck and while striking, the correction of structure in motion to create surfaces that are glanced and so on.

I'd take a steel mail shirt over a gold one any day though. lol gold is too soft. strong enough guy could relatively easily shove a blade through gold mesh. Maybe brass would be harder somewhat. or Bronze..pretty similar.

CFT
05-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Protection to weight ratio of metal vest vs. kevlar (for example) makes modern materials much more attractive.

The golden thread vest and soft porcupine vest are all Chinese wuxia fiction inventions.

David Jamieson
05-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Protection to weight ratio of metal vest vs. kevlar (for example) makes modern materials much more attractive.

The golden thread vest and soft porcupine vest are all Chinese wuxia fiction inventions.

kevlar is not as strong as steel but it weighs less. You still need to have ceramic plates inserted into kevlar vests for force neutralization on impact.

kevlar alone doesn't protect it prevents penetration, but if there is no shield behind it, whatever bullet is coming through would merely push the fabric into the wound. :p

yuck!

chainmail is excellent for penetration stopping power on blades, but not bullets.