Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 08:23 AM
what when where what time???

Ray Pina
02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
4 oz gloves respect the tap

noon, this Sunday

Fight House: 122 West 27 st, 2nd floor

Looking to confirm some folks. I have one or two maybe/probablies .... I'll go if I can get 1 confirmation.

Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Ray give me a call later so we can confirm

Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Call the holbrook school the number is on my web site.

Ray Pina
02-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Cool.

I also posted at Bullshido, Sherdog and EmptyFlower, so I'll give it some time to see what response I get.

In the end, if it's just you and me, maybe we can save ourselves a trip to the city. See what happens. I don't have a car right now but can hope a train or something.

The thing I like about these Throwdowns is that you never know what you're going to get .... the box of chocolate effect.

Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey ray you know your more than welcome to come and train with us any time. AS far as transportation is concerned just hop on a train and I'l pick you up from the station. I'm trying to get some guys ready for the A. C. tourney but we need guys to work with, there seems to be a shortage of guys to fight with out here.peace

Ray Pina
02-08-2006, 11:00 AM
I didn't know you were sending guys there. Are they fighting MMA?

I'm hoping to get some response for the Throwdown, but if no one's down, I don't see it being a problem hoping on a train. I'd have to go to Jamaica though first and then transfer. Does Holbrook have a stop? How far out is it?

OK, this could be good. Let's keep in touch about it.

Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 11:14 AM
San da event. The ride from long beach or should I say Jamaica station should take apox. an hour.

Ray Pina
02-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Can your guys come out to Fight House? Some of Novell's (BlackTaoists) crew expressed some interest in getting together but I told them I was comitted to a Throwdown already and if that was a bust I'd go out to you guys but it seems like everyone can be happy and in a nutral place.

If those guys don't show up, I'm more than glad to work clinching, ground, whatever with you guys. I'm healing up a slight injury (hit a huge boulder surfing:) ) but should be fine by then.

Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Ray call me 631 821 7090

Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 09:43 PM
I understand Chris I actualy got alot going on to but I got student's going so I got to go, Anyway give me a call on the bat phone maybee you can accomodate me to this fight club thing Ray Pinas talking about.

If the guy would pick up the telephone maybee I could get some details, so I know how to proceed.

Green Cloud
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Ray I need to make plans please don't make me go to the city for nothing, I need some details. What are the rules if any, shoul I bring weapons is it like the dog bros events???:confused:

Ray Pina
02-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry, left work early yesterday. To be honest, I'm still sporting an injury myself but opportunities to play don't come around so often so I'm hoping I'll be good by Sunday.

Anyway, these things are cool .... no problems, no worries. It will be you and your guys, me and hopefully these guys from BlackTaoists camp. I should know by the end of the day.

Basically, it's MMA gloves and give it a go. Get yourself in a bad position .... tap. No loss of honor there.

I'll give ya a call in about an hour.

By the way, what weight you're guys fighting at?

Ray Pina
02-09-2006, 08:49 AM
OK, I think BlackTaoist wants to fight me (this has been building for years) so I think him and his boys are going. How many boys you bringing?

This can turn out to be a good thing. For once it's all Kung Fu guys it looks like so we can spar, ground, chi sau .... we can all probably see a lot.

Ray Pina
02-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I have an extra pair if you want ... nore sure what they're selling over there. And as far as weaponry ... I'm a kook:o I'll have to watch:(

hjt
02-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Ray I need to make plans please don't make me go to the city for nothing, I need some details. What are the rules if any, shoul I bring weapons is it like the dog bros events???:confused:

you make your own rules and if your partner agrees its a go. basically its just sparring against different styles, whether its MT, Boxing, Grapppling, KF, TKD, Karate. and etc. its not bad if you just want to test out your skills against someone else, but its not an event or a tournament.

i tried it once and it was ok.

Ray Pina
02-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm leaving work soon. As of now, there has been no commitment from any of the parties that expressed interest from any of the message boards .... though a few said they can commit for next Sunday. I need to know soon if we are to commit and get the space. Otherwise, I'm making other plans and waiting till next Sunday.

Green Cloud
02-09-2006, 02:48 PM
This a confirmation, just spoke to CJurackpt we will be meeting at the fight house this sunday at 12:00. Hope to see everyone there. Thanks for the info

SevenStar
02-09-2006, 03:07 PM
BT is gonna show?

Ray Pina
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm no longer interested.

Ray Pina
02-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Yea, the weather might restore my face:)

It was a matter of me being pulled in three different directions .... guys from LI would host me .... Novell then out of the blue is calling me a coward because I won't go up to 102st to fight his guys .... and then the original Throwdown guys on Bullshido saying next Sunday would be better.

In the end, having an injury on top of it all, I said to myself, what are you crazy? You just had a fight and want to fight in the cage in a few months. Just lay low, heal, train.

But I wish you guys the best.

Green Cloud
02-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Ray, how do you operate??? Why do you bother starting threads about getting together, and then just cancel just like that. I got some of my guys all set, some of them had to re arrange their schedules.

This is the second time you have requested some fight time and cancelled. I have bent over backwards to try to accamodate you.

See this is why I asked you to call me, Cjurackpt called me and we made plans to go. It's a simple thing to do but obviously you are a flake and can't be taken seariously.

If any one else wants to set up some fight time you are more than welcome to come to my kwoon, just call first so we can set up times. By the way we respect people and always fight or workout based on the understanding that we are trying to learn from our experiences.

Ray one word of advise don't get into a cage unless it's a bird cage, I don't want you to get hurt:D

greencloud.net

Ray Pina
02-10-2006, 12:13 PM
I called you at the number you posted yesterday at noon ... I left you a message. You never returned that call. I did see an unfamiliar number on my cell yesterday, but no message was left.

At the same time I had guys telling me they could do it next Sunday over at Bullshido .... and yet, at the same time, I have Novell calling me a coward because I didn't accept his invitation yesterday to go to his school. But you wanted me maybe to go to yours... or maybe go to the city.

A lot of maybe, and then I just grew tired of the whole thing and made other plans.

Did we make plans to get together another time? Was that you that invited me to come watch a class? Because if it was, I told you right upfront I have no interest in doing that.

I'm sorry if you're dissatisfied, but it's one thing to arrange for a fight yourself and another to gather some students together to go fight. This whole thing just seemed up in the air, and being that I just had a fight, am sporting an injury, I've decided to just keep healing and training.

I'm so together mentally right now I won't even counter your attacks on my person. I don't have to prove that I can fight to anyone anymore. And I'm not going to fight when I'd rather be chillin.

GreenCloudCLF
02-10-2006, 12:24 PM
And just as you thought this forum was getting boring without a flame war...

Green Cloud
02-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Ray I think You have me confused with someone else:confused:

greencloud.net

Green Cloud
02-10-2006, 05:29 PM
greencloud.net Sorry ray my bad you did call me, unfortunatly I just got the message. The number you called was the Shoreham location, In the future if you want to get in touch with me just call me at the Holbrook location that number is called fowarded right to my cell (631 404 8512).

Sorry for the missunderstanding. Peace

MasterKiller
02-10-2006, 08:19 PM
With all due respect, Ray, what gives?

Just off the top of my head:

you were going to fly to OK to fight me,
you were going to fly to OKC if you could fight 3 EmptyFlower guys
to Minneapolis to fight Red5,
to Maryland to fight B'MoreBanga,
you challended Ross,
GreenCloud
LamaPai Sifu,
MerryPrankster
you tried to fight Emin Boeztepe,
you were pretty close to challenging Matt Hughes

You hate kung fu guys that don't fight, that won't fight. You claim you only fight bums at throwdowns because that's all that will show up. But BlackTaoist steps up, says your teacher doesn't have real Bagua and he's ready for you, and all the sudden you aren't really into the fight (even though now you are comtemplating fighting GreenCloud) because the train ride is too far????

I guess you can say you want to rest for the MMA event and that is very reasonable, but didn't you host a throwdown the week before your San Da fight??

Ray Pina
02-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Sifu Gus, it was great speaking with you. You have the best attitude, I wish you and your guys well next week. Sorry about the mix up.

MasterKiller, I'll fight who I want when I want. I just fought a tough fight and learned a few good lessons. They're sinking in and I'm growing.

As for this weekend, I had zero conformations before I left work so I got home and partied with my friends and set myself up for a chill weekend. Like I said, I just had a big fight. Novell or his guys could have entered the San Da super fights, could have come to any of the many Throwdowns I hosted. Now, out of the blue, I'm supposed to go to their school?

Why? If anything I'd go travel to train with the guys fighting in AC next week. If I was going to the city I'd meet up with my friend who trains with Gracie.

My attitude has changed. I don't want to waist my time with ****ing contests. People can say what they want. I'm training for my next big fight. I'll be hosting another throwdown when I heal up. and, like always, I'll post it everywhere and anyone can come.

So there's a whole lot of words just because I like you MK, even though you're trying to steal my face. You can have it.

FatherDog
02-11-2006, 04:45 PM
With all due respect, Ray, what gives?

Just off the top of my head:

you were going to fly to OK to fight me,
you were going to fly to OKC if you could fight 3 EmptyFlower guys
to Minneapolis to fight Red5,
to Maryland to fight B'MoreBanga,
you challended Ross,
GreenCloud
LamaPai Sifu,
MerryPrankster
you tried to fight Emin Boeztepe,
you were pretty close to challenging Matt Hughes

You forgot "Challenging fatherdog to a fight, being given the address of his school and told to come by anytime you wanted to fight him, and never mentioning it again."

Green Cloud
02-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey give the guy a break what's the problem here. I know I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm not sure why we need to gang up on ray. As far as I am concerned once you step in the ring in my eyes you're a real man. To pick on someones defeat is counter productive.

Instead we should recognize that Ray has been humbled by this experience just as many of us have in the past. This is just part of a journey that any martial artist go through.

It takes a lot of guts just to put your self out there infront of everyone. How many of you guys have done that.

I admitt that I got mad at ray but that's because I thought he didn't call me to confirm but he did.

No one else did except for my training brother C.J. No one else did, as if I'm going to travel from the North fork of Long Island to Manhatten for no reason. I wasn't bringing a bunch of my guys to just fight Ray.

Ray don't worry about it man It's the journey not the destination. I got to tell the rest of you don't judge unless you have been in the mans shoes.

Green Cloud
02-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey give the guy a break what's the problem here. I know I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm not sure why we need to gang up on ray. As far as I am concerned once you step in the ring in my eyes you're a real man. To pick on someones defeat is counter productive.

Instead we should recognize that Ray has been humbled by this experience just as many of us have in the past. This is just part of a journey that any martial artist go through.

It takes a lot of guts just to put your self out there infront of everyone. How many of you guys have done that.

I admitt that I got mad at ray but that's because I thought he didn't call me to confirm but he did.

No one else did except for my training brother C.J. No one else did, as if I'm going to travel from the North fork of Long Island to Manhatten for no reason. I wasn't bringing a bunch of my guys to just fight Ray.

Ray don't worry about it man It's the journey not the destination. I got to tell the rest of you don't judge unless you have been in the mans shoes.

greencloud.net

shaolinboxer
02-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I still think Ray should fight some guys from TSK.

Green Cloud
02-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Cjurackpt next week I'm in AC please wait before you set something up I got your back bro. We can use my school let the monkeys come to you not the other way around.

Green Cloud
02-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Just wondering CJ is there blad blood betweeb you and BT???:confused:

greencloud.net

MasterKiller
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
my whole comment above was in regards to what MK reported about him and Ray - I don't know if he actually did say anything remotely like that, since it's a second hand report, which was why I asked MK to cite the source;

I didn't respond initially because I really didn't intend to fan the flame, but since you keep bringing it up...

http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=done;action=display;num=1139636146; start=15

BTW, the mastakilla on that thread isn't me. I'm MasterKiller at EF, too.

Green Cloud
02-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Sorry CJPT I was just going by the quote master killer posted something to do about your sifu's bat gwa not being any good. I guess the ref was made about some one elses Sifu. To be perfectly honest I think there are wars going on that I don't know about. I just got my popcorn so lets share some intel.:D

Ray Pina
02-13-2006, 09:27 AM
You forgot "Challenging fatherdog to a fight, being given the address of his school and told to come by anytime you wanted to fight him, and never mentioning it again."

FatherDog, you know you just posted a half truth ... you said, while you train with fighters you only submission wrestle .... that's what you told me after I offered to come see you.

Are you interested in a fight?

As for BlackTaoist, my master told me to leave him alone for now. I have just gained some valuable experience and am learning something new which is really benfitting me. When I fight Black Toaist he'll realise he should have learned from dealing with my master in the past and that I'm not as nice as my master.

I never started with him. He's called me a coward, dismissed my master. In the meantime I'm out there fighting San Da and no holds barred .... all of which have had the times and locations posted. All of which have been open to everyone, including them. Where have they been? Where I've been has been common knowledge.

I'm in training. When I come out (FatherDog, I'll make a special concession for you) I'd like to test drive on a few guys before going into the cage.

I'll be mostly absent from here until then. So FatherDog, RSVP soon ... please

hjt
02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
HAHAHA

this is some funny sh*t! its a kung fu soap opera! keep it coming please, especially today, when its slow at work

thanks

H

hjt
02-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm out there fighting San Da and no holds barred .... all of which have had the times and locations posted. I'll be mostly absent from here until then. So FatherDog, RSVP soon ... please

where have you fought no hold barred? some of my training brothers and i are interesting in doing some matches. if you have some information please let me know thanks.

H

FatherDog
02-13-2006, 11:03 AM
FatherDog, you know you just posted a half truth ... you said, while you train with fighters you only submission wrestle .... that's what you told me after I offered to come see you.

It's not a half truth. I was talking about the fact that nobody you've fought at a throwdown has been even close to a trained mma fighter. You immediately challenged me to fight. I said that even if you beat me, it wouldn't prove anything about how you would do against a trained mma fighter, since I'm /not/ a trained mma fighter. I also said that, although it wouldn't prove anything, if you want to fight me, you can come by my gym any time. I even gave you the address. You never mentioned it again.

Are you interested in a fight?

I really don't care whether I fight you or not, Ray... win or lose, it doesn't prove anything for me, since I don't care about fighting mma (if I did, I'd have already fought in an actual match - I've had several opportunities to do so).

At the moment, I'm injured (which you can see already mentioned in this thread http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40217 , before you start saying I'm making excuses) so I doubt a fight between me and anyone would be very competitive. But you are still welcome to come by any time I am at the gym, and I will spar with you under any rules you feel like sparring under. That invitation is always open, not just for you, but for any forum member - I have no problem testing my skills against anyone.

Hieronim
02-13-2006, 12:47 PM
http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=done;action=display;num=1139636146

Ray Pina
02-13-2006, 02:18 PM
FatherDog, I'm actually not interested in fighting you or anyone right now, Im focused on getting better so I can fight a real MMA fighter in the cage by June.

Do you or any of your classmates know of an Amatuer MMA venue taking place in June?

As for the other posters who want to be negative and try to paint me as a coward, I doubt it strongly that you have fought as much as me over the past 6 months. In fact I doubt most have fought at all.

I've matured a bit and have learned to choose my battles a little more wisely, at the right time and place. I'm working on benefitting from the lessons I just learned. To go fight now would be purely ego, and I don't need to prove nothing to anyone.

But I'll tell you this, my martial art is getting better by the day.

yenhoi
02-13-2006, 04:37 PM
dun dun duun!!!

:rolleyes:

FatherDog
02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Do you or any of your classmates know of an Amatuer MMA venue taking place in June?

Almost nobody runs amateur mma shows around here - the only one I remember even hearing about recently is Battle at the Beach this weekend.

Green Cloud
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
No holes barred means you know when I bend you over and there is nothing you can do abou it.;)

htowndragon
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
u can even bust out ur 9 and pop someone...

5thBrother
02-14-2006, 09:06 AM
just do it oredii...

arnt u guys like a few train stops from each other???????

else just speak the truth. a. i don't want to or b. im too scared to.

then get over it

it's pretting *UCKING SIMPLE!!!..... (especially if u live same area)

iof u guys DO live a few stops (wot? 20 miniutes? 45 minutes , 5 minutes??) from each other just go after work.. then go drink soem beers together~ if ur "testing" vs - grudge....

internet warriors and internet chellenge matchs - LAUGH OUT LOUD...... just do it oredii :D or not.. nothing wrong with NOT as long as u just say i don't want to..

sorry.. i looked too many forums tonight - too many "net warriors" ....

its like when i worked security... ever one wants to be a "warrior" till u get a hold of them...

end of rant

Hieronim
03-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Iron SHeik agrees with green cloud:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9K-wEUCCvE0

SevenStar
03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh ok so Green Cloud you are going to bend me over and I can do nothing about it? Are you gay, a second grader, or just trying to be funny? I hope the latter. Sorry it's taken me a bit to respond I was in China for a while. But please clarify what you mean Green Cloud.

it was just a joke, man...

Mr Punch
03-27-2006, 11:37 PM
LOL at Maxwang.

The board's just lost another 50 collective IQ points it can ill afford to lose.

Of course it was a joke.

Plus, you can find various so-called NHB rules anywhere on the net (try Google), but don't come back and start moaning about not being able to crush anybody's throat or break their knees: you don't do those things and haven't done them either.

Ray, good luck with your continued search: glad you've stopped the death match threat thing and are choosing your way more carefully. Really look forward to any results from future fights... but I'm still telling you: you need cardio! ;)

Green Cloud
03-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Maxwang I was just kidding dude, you know just a figure of speech. Get it you asked what no holes barred meant, I jokingly responded.