PDA

View Full Version : Do you know the name of these forms???

chikara
02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
It consists of 8 basic forms, the last two are essentially the same with a slight modification. The purpose is essentially training the coordination of hands, feet and learning hip rotation. The first is essential stepping and punching. The second introduces a down block with the back of the hand and the third uses the down block and then a high block similar to the Hsing-I fire form.

I believe these forms are called something like "ba ba da"...at least in pronunciation...but I haven't been able to find anymore info. I was told it was a basic Shoalin form. Any info??? Thanks.

Fu-Pow
02-08-2006, 05:21 PM
I believe that translates to something like "Daddy Hit" in Mandarin.

SimonM
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
LOL

That was a good early morning laugh.

Ou Ji
02-08-2006, 06:08 PM
If it's Ba Da Boom, Ba Da Bing then it's an Italian set from the Wiseguy style. ;)

mickey
02-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi chikara,

By your descriptions of the movements, would the words be "ba pu da," eight ways of stepping and striking? (Literally eight(ba) step(bu) strike(da))

mickey

chikara
02-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Mickey,

That sounds very possible since it matches the purpose of the forms. Would you happen to know where this comes from or where I can find more info. Thanks either way.

mickey
02-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Hello chikara,

I do not know the origin of the basic moves you mention. I just got that epiphany from reading your post. How I got it, I just don't know. That happens with me sometimes.

Best Regards,

mickey

EarthDragon
02-10-2006, 06:43 AM
could be a different lineage of 8 step praying mantis our style is called
ba bu tang lang as mickey said (ba) 8 (bu) step and duan body strike