PDA

View Full Version : Guo Bao-lo's Article

RAF
05-09-2001, 05:39 PM
Guo Bao-lo and Sifu Kurt Wong have an excellent article on the baji system in the latest issue of Inside Kungfu. Great overview with warnings about the duration of training and conditioning necessary for issuing power. Very realistic.

Too many people try to gain fame by association rather than training---lesson, just because you practice and learn baji doesn't mean you have power or you know how to issue it---you need to train a long, intense time under the watchful eye of a good teacher. They make this very clear in their article and its a lesson for all of those interested in the baji/pi gua system of Liu Yun Qiao.

Thanks again for the great article.
Great work in spreading the word about traditional martial arts---its the training, not the acquisition of forms. Hope you guys get out another one soon

MonkeySlap Too
05-09-2001, 06:35 PM
Whayt issue? Must be the one after the MIchelle Yoeh cover. Egads, I love this stuff. When does it hit the newstands?

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

count
05-09-2001, 07:31 PM
Inside Kung fu not kung fu magazine right?

baji-boy
05-09-2001, 10:12 PM
Hey, why did I not know about this? :D Now I have to pick up the issue this weekend!

Thanks for the article! and RAF, Thanks for the tip! :D

baji-fist
05-10-2001, 12:05 AM
Hey there!!! My article is out already?! I guess that is the disadvantage to living all the way up here in Alaska, we always get things late up here...hehehehe! thanks for your kind words. The purpose of writing the article was to help spread the Bajiquan/Piquazhang system as taught by GM Liu Yun Qiao. But I have to give credit to those before me who also wrote very good articles on Bajiquan. Thanks again for the support guys.

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

count
05-11-2001, 04:12 PM
I looked at the Inside Kung Fu for June which is on the stands now, and I could not find the article. Did I miss it or is it another issue/magazine?ΓΌ

baji-fist
05-12-2001, 01:59 AM
Count,

It will be on July's issue. I tried checking out Barnes and Noble to see if the article was out already, but it wasn't. I believe it will be out in the newsstands within two weeks. Man, I still haven't been sent a copy of it...hehehehe! I am really curious what the format looks like.

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.