PDA

View Full Version : Master Lok Yiu - Sad News

kj
02-09-2006, 09:32 AM
I just received sad news from my sifu that Master Lok Yiu has passed away. His memorial will be held on February 26 & 27 for two days.

If I receive any further details, I will pass them along.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

Ernie
02-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks KJ
I'll pass it on to gary ,,,, his first sifu ,,,,,,, that sucks :(

Hendrik
02-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Thank you KJ.

May AMideva Buddha bless GM Lok and family with Peace.

Best Regards
Hendrik

reneritchie
02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Echo my comments from the WCML:

Though this great sifu is lost, his knowledge is not, and his legacy
will remain for generations.

RIP

kj
02-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Ditto that, René.

If any of you learn more, please update the rest of us. Hopefully some of the folks in Lok Yiu's line can help keep us apprised also.

Ernie, thanks for passing the info along. I didn't realize that Gary had started under Lok Yiu Sifu.

Regards,
- kj

kj
02-09-2006, 01:33 PM
I received this photo link in today's mail: Lok Yiu and Leung Sheung (http://sweb.cz/irzounek/Copy%20of%20LokYiu+LeungSheung.jpg)

Also a more recent photo of Lok Yiu with Ken (http://www.tstvingtsun.bc.ca/Images/KenLokYiu.jpg)

Regards,
- kj

Liddel
02-09-2006, 03:13 PM
My Sifu learnt VT from Sifu Lok from 1958 to 1968 and taught his sons VT and chinesse medicine as his assistant instuctor.

His memory lives on and will never be forgotten by my peers and our family line...
RIP Lok Yiu

:(

Gm Ip Man - Lok Yiu - Yau Shung Ying - A VERY lucky man ME !

bcbernam777
02-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh my gosh, I am lost for words, My Sifu, Lok Yui's Si dai spoke highly of his skill, this is truely a loss to the Wing Chun world, please let me know the details

anerlich
02-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Rip .......

Mr Punch
02-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Condolences. RIP.

Sekabin
02-10-2006, 09:44 AM
He did a lot for Wing Chun in the world and kung fu in general. His efforts will show in the future. May be now be relaxing in peace.

stonecrusher69
02-10-2006, 05:46 PM
My condolences to the family and all his students.Very sad to hear of this great loss....

R.I.P.

stuartm
02-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Im sorry to hear of what is undoubtedly a great loss to the Yip Man Wing Chun family.

With respect, Stuart

David Peterson
02-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I was saddened to learn of the passing of Sifu Lok Yiu when I logged on to the site today - I've been off-line for a while and had not heard of his death until now. I have a wonderful memory of visiting his school in the early 80s and spending time chatting with him and comparing methods & forms, even to the point where he did a little Chi Sau with me - as a comparative "newbie" in Hong Kong at the time and student of another lineage, I felt very priviliged to have been welcomed into his school and given so much of his precious time. I met him briefly again many years later at the funeral of my teacher and while he himself was not in good health, he was as gracious and friendly to the Chinese talking "gwailo" as ever. My condolences go out to his Family and his Students - he was a great man, a good friend and "big brother" to my Sifu, and he will be sadly missed :(
DMP

marcus_pasram
02-13-2006, 10:49 PM
To All Members in the Wing Chun Family,

We are all in deep grief over SiFu Lok Yiu's passing on Feb. 10, 2006. This legendary figure of our Wing Chun family dedicated his life to teaching, promoting and popularizing Wing Chun throughout the world.

SiFu Lok Yiu was a man of great integrity, honor and generosity. Our sincere condolences to SiMo and the immediate family.

As a final tribute to this legendary Wing Chun master, I am planning to return to Hong Kong during this sad occasion to support the family. Let's gather together to pay a final respect and honor his memory. If you would like to make a donation and/or send a card, please give it to me by Feb. 25th and I will present it to SiMo when I arrive in Hong Kong. Alternately you can send it to:

Mr. Tony Yim
Lok Yiu Wing Chun Kung Fu School
659 Shanghai Street 8th Floor
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel. 011-852-919-31107

Sincerely,

SiFu Allan Che Kong Lee

Yip Man Wing Chun Kung Fu Association, USA
Wing Chun Kung Fu, NYC
Applied Wing Chun, NYC

Thomas Chin 917-806-0654
Lawrence Wu 917-892-5879

marcus_pasram
02-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi Kathy-Jo, everyone,

Mr. Tony Yim, a close student of SiFu Lok Yiu is helping the family with arrangements. His contact information is:

Mr. Tony Yim
Lok Yiu Wing Chun Kung Fu School
659 Shanghai Street 8th Floor
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel. 011-852-919-31107

Also, for the next two weeks, SiFu Lee will receive all Wing Chun visitors during class hours who wish to drop a card or donation for SiGung Lok Yiu's family. He will personally deliver all gifts to the family.

My prayers and thoughts to SiGung's wife, family and students.

I just received sad news from my sifu that Master Lok Yiu has passed away. His memorial will be held on February 26 & 27 for two days.

If I receive any further details, I will pass them along.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

kj
02-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Thank you for the update and details, Marcus. I am happy to learn that Lee Sifu will be able to attend. Ken will be attending also. I sincerely hope the turnout will be a respectable and memorable one.

Regards,
- kj