PDA

View Full Version : Bai Fut Jeurng

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Here is a typical Choy Lee Fut technique.

the way we this is after someone grabs you like the photo, we would bring the hands up and over his arms and place your palms together using your forearms to collapse his and hold them to your chest. then step forward and thrust the finger tips into the throat.

CLFNole
02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Bai Fut Jeurng also has a nice application when being attacked by a staff. Not that I would like to block a staff but coming in with the bai fut (if a last resort) causes the staff to deflect off and might hurt the arm somewhat but it would be better than getting your head smashed in.

By the way I put the VCD in mail for you today. I hope your sifu enjoys it.

Peace.

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 11:56 AM
thanks clfnole,

i will call my sifu and tell him.

the bai fut part you're talking about is that when you reach forward and upward?

i can see the staff deflecting off the arms that way.

Fu-Pow
02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Here is a typical Choy Lee Fut technique.

the way we this is after someone grabs you like the photo, we would bring the hands up and over his arms and place your palms together using your forearms to collapse his and hold them to your chest. then step forward and thrust the finger tips into the throat.

This is an interesting application.

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 12:31 PM
the key to making that work is after he grabs you either take a step back and bring him forward more, or just transfer your back to the back then shoot forward into his throat.

so fu pow thats interesting huh? what do you like or dislike about the application?

Fu-Pow
02-09-2006, 12:40 PM
so fu pow thats interesting huh? what do you like or dislike about the application?

Because doesn't Baai Fut Jeung usually come up from underneath? Nothing wrong with how he's doing it here its just a departure from the movement that is typically seen in the form.

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
the key is interpretation. the bai fut jeurng typically does come from under and upwards. but thats typical. when Choy Lee Fut goes typical is when we come up with different ways to use our choy lee fut. many people are wise enough to study our techniques, then what we get beat by someone who is not CLF, right?

so we would use the techniques a little differently yet still effective. i would look at your bai fut jeurng and see how many variations on how to use it.

Infrazael
02-09-2006, 01:02 PM
I guess they do it based on the situation at hand; ie, specifically what directions are available for attack.

Like how we mostly do the down-sau choy, but alot of the Chan people like to do the upward sau choy too.

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 01:09 PM
and infrazael, thats how gung fu should be. being able to adapt and change in the blink of an eye is key to winning. for example, you must be able to stop your attack and change up when you see you are in danger.

being able to think quick on your feet, or even being a step ahead is very important, and thats why we train.

TenTigers
02-09-2006, 02:32 PM
one of the way we use bai fut jeong is to strike the ears and try to rupture the eardrum. Whether you do or not, the strike is exrtremely painful and disorienting and sets up for a double thumb strike to the eyes, or simply grabbing the head and striking.

GreenCloudCLF
02-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I always liked this technique. It's in our Lama forms as well, and called Lohan Baii Faht.

I do enjoy coming up from beneath and into the groin, then the throat, and following up with a head strike...