PDA

View Full Version : Kom--Fu Jow-Biu Jong (Biu Sei)

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 11:35 AM
in the series of photos my sifu demonstrates blocking a jab while executing a Biu Jong or biu sei (shooting Snake).

although we don't like video much in our school i thought after all this time it was time to highlight my sifu a little more here. and i hope people follow this and do the same about their sifu.

like havic, fu pow, and Infrazael i would like to know more about Mak Hin Fai and his experiences. but this goes out to everyone as well.

brothernumber9
02-09-2006, 12:47 PM
does the "shooting snake" act as a punch in which the fist attacks the face/neck, or does it seperately or in conjunction use the outer arm/elbow like a compact strike? or something entirely different?

Fu-Pow
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Nice!

I actually don't know a lot about Sifu's experience, I know he's been in quite a few fights in Hong Kong , U.S. and Hawaii.

I guess they (meanin LKH, Mak Fai, etc) used to fight other schools on the rooftops in hong kong only wearing a cup, mouthpiece and weight lifting gloves. There were no mats, the roofs were lined with concrete tiles from what I can tell from pictures.

Sifu also used to study SPM when he was a kid so a lot of his applications actually reflect on his SPM background. He also likes to use pau chueih and kaap chui a lot. He doesn't really like the grappling stuff very much, it seems that he prefers to stay at striking range.

Frank, have you ever seen Mak Sifu perform? I know I keep saying it but I have a video that I'm gonna post from him. He's frighteningly fast and powerful even in his mid-50's.

FP

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 12:54 PM
fu pow,

yes i have him on dvd performing at the Singapore annual celebration i think he did siu ping kuen or ping kuen. your sifu has very long arms. nice guy, and my sifu likes him.

Brother #9 the biu jong is aimed under his chin and uses the inside part of the forearm (thumg side) and we try to take his head off. the key to this is your horse directly pressing against his, it will send him off balance.

HSK

Infrazael
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah, Sifu has alot of that "shock power" qualities when he "demonstrates" moves on me. . . . . . .

Getting kicked in the thighs repeatedly is not very enjoyable to say the least.

hskwarrior
02-09-2006, 01:11 PM
on the phone your sifu has a very tough sounding old shool voice. but when you see him he looks like such a nice guy.

Mak Fai guys, how long have each of you been with Mak Hin Fai?

brothernumber9
02-09-2006, 01:14 PM
My Sifu knew Sifu Lee Koon Hung from way back in HK, so he probably knows Sifu Mak Hin Fai as well. My sifu told me that years ago Sifu Lee Koon Hung's school was located at the top of wall city. Wall city was a peice of land, infested with people, that was neither territory belonging to HK, China, England, or anyone. So basically the gangsters and powerful people ran things there. Gambling and drugs were done openly and non stop. In other words it was probably about as rough as it gets. I'm sure for him to have a school there implies many stories involving fights and/or incidents.

Fu-Pow
02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
on the phone your sifu has a very tough sounding old shool voice. but when you see him he looks like such a nice guy.

Mak Fai guys, how long have each of you been with Mak Hin Fai?

I've been training with Sifu for 9 years. Before that I studied Hung Gar and CLF for a year with Eddie Lane, a student of Buk Sam Kong. I've also studiend Chen Taiji (not as seirously) for about 8 years with Harrison Moretz, a student of Feng Zhiquiang.

Havic is probably around 2-3 years with Sifu. Before that he was a boxer for like 17 years including competing in Golden Gloves. We're actually starting an independent program soon that will include CLF as the core and incorporate boxing as part of the "delivery system."

Infrazreal is the newbie at I think around 1 year. He's been doing some Muy Thai and grappling also from what I understand.

Sifu is a very "nice" guy the reason he sounds so tough is because he smokes like a god**** chimney. Plus, it seems like Cantonese speakers always sound like they're yelling stuff even when they're just having a conversation.

Havick01
02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Hks ive been with sifu mak about 4 years now, like fu pow said i boxed for about 17 years. Fu pow and i have started Seattle Choy Lay Fut boxing Asso. Hopefully the school will work out well.. I will try to get you some more info on sifu mak in his early days..

havick

Fu-Pow
02-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Here's the myspace site in case anyone wants to add us as a friend.

www.myspace.com/seattleclf

Infrazael
02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Two years Fu-Pow. Two. :cool:

An extra year can make all the difference.

Fu-Pow
02-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Two years Fu-Pow. Two. :cool:

An extra year can make all the difference.

Oops my bad. :( We've had so many people come and go through the years that I can't keep track.

Infrazael
02-09-2006, 11:44 PM
But you're right about something. . . . . . I'm still a newbie.
:)

You can never stop learning. And I hardly consider myself "good" so there ya go. . . . . .

Hey are the "other" people still coming? Like that random Northern Shaolin guy, those Wushu people, that Dana girl and her boyfriend or whatever. . . . . . .