PDA

View Full Version : sibpalgi

Steronius
02-09-2006, 12:36 PM
i cannot locate any footage of the art that i am beginning to learn. does anyone know/have anything regarding SibPalGi ('korean' kung fu) of the MeiHua lineage particularly from the lineage taught by Master Chun Dai Soung. http://www.geocities.com/mantiscave/chundai.htm

my first form is Ba Shou (Ba Chou) and my second form is Tong Rong Kye Ro Kwon. any links or info would be greatly appreciated.

MasterKiller
02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37767

Check out this thread. It might help.

Steronius
02-09-2006, 01:59 PM
yes i have already had that thread bookmarked. ty.:D

brothernumber9
02-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't know korean but "Tong Rong Kye Ro Kwon" seems to strike out phonetically a bit and with some japanese influence and translation to english translation of chinese as "Tong Long Che Kuen" perhaps? At least in as much as Tong Rong certainly rings out like "Tong Long".

taichi4eva
02-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm interested in "Bachou"

My PM sifu lived in Korea, and one of our beginning forms was called "Bashu." He speaks with a Shandong accent...I think it means "eight hands."

By any chance, does the form go something like this?

1. Slide low, come up with two feet together, bent. Left hand blocks upward, while right hand straight punch
2. Horse stance, push palm to the side (blocks low attack?)
3. Feet together, spear across with right hand...

Tell me if your form is similar?

Kaerokwon....im guessing "kai lu quan"...anybody know hanja here? Also, what are are other forms in your curriculum?

Thanks.

Steronius
02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
No, i'm learning there are many forms called BaChu and hardly any are similar.

Mine is basically 8 elbow strikes. mostly all from a long-fist type front stance.

let me see if i can word this correctly....
0. face forward (north) -- for direction reference form is done in a straight line westward/eastward starting and ending facing north.
1. turn left (west), left foot forward long-fist front stance. parry opponents strike near elbow and elbow strike to ribs.
2. Back-fist vertically to bridge of nose with right hand. Right front-snap kick
3. landing in a horse stance, right side punch.
4. right knee up and right elbow up guarding block, right hammer fist to chin then step left foot forward (long-fist front stance) and left arm iner-fore-arm strike to neck (much like a what is called a clothes-line)
5. stepping right foot up near left foot, stoop down and pheonix knuckle strike upward through and under opponents ribcage.
6. standing up, right monkey kick (which i cant quite do)
7. step left foot forward long-fist front stance, right arm parry, left elbow strike.
8. shift into horse stance without moving, left elbow strike. (this is the only back of elbow strike, all others are front of arm elbow strike)
9. left side kick, face opposite direction (east)
10. step left foot behind right foot, right side kick landing in guarding position.
11. step left foor forward and with left hnd take opponents arm down, snake-head or tiger claw strike
12. left arm parry, right elbow strike.
13. face opposite direction(west) (without stepping), right punch, left punch, right punch.
14. keeping the left foot forward for the last 3 elbow strikes, all in long-fist front stance, skip-step, right parry, left elbow strike
15. skip-step, left parry, right elbow strike.
16. skip-step, right parry, left elbow strike.
17. [i dont quite know how to explain this part, its a technique and a bow put together] turn left to face forward again (north - wher you started out), bring your right foot to your left and swing your arms from the outside of you body to your centerline from low to high position as if to break someones hold on your shoulders, then we have our special bow.

i know these wordings are not explicative enough, sorry. but as you can see it is very different from your form. i hope to video our forms and i will consider posting it.