PDA

View Full Version : CLF in print media

GreenCloudCLF
02-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Sifu Wong Tat-Mau has an article in March 2006 IKF. It is pretty interesting. He talks about building strength, you know strength training. I know some MAists are against weight training (catch up with the times man). But this has some good exercises.

One of the Laceys (Shane I think), had an article in December 2005 (I think). More of an interview really. He said some things I thought were dead-on. The photos themselves though I was not too thrilled with...but that last pic, that guy is pretty ripped..

Any CLF articles you guys recommend?

冠木侍
12-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Sifu Wong Tat-Mau has an article in March 2006 IKF. It is pretty interesting. He talks about building strength, you know strength training. I know some MAists are against weight training (catch up with the times man). But this has some good exercises.

One of the Laceys (Shane I think), had an article in December 2005 (I think). More of an interview really. He said some things I thought were dead-on. The photos themselves though I was not too thrilled with...but that last pic, that guy is pretty ripped..

Any CLF articles you guys recommend?

Yes, I am told that my weight training could be a detriment to my martial arts. It was and it wasn't. When I was studying at Master Wong's school, my range of motion was not so good with the circular motions. But in other endeavors it has helped me excel in warm-ups and "last man standing" type mini-competitions among my peers.

BTW, I enjoy reading his articles. Busy person IRL. But a nice guy nonetheless. Sometimes he has pics of some of the people that I used to train with (the current IKF about kicks). Yep, I need to harden my shins (thinking out loud).

There is a book written by Master Wong's teacher Lee Koon Hung. I haven't had the chance to read it yet.

The Xia
12-17-2007, 04:14 PM
http://members-central.optushome.com.au/meanstreets/clf/

冠木侍
12-23-2007, 06:03 PM
http://members-central.optushome.com.au/meanstreets/clf/

Interesting article. True this is a CLF article but the referenced style in the first post was the Hung Sing CLF.

Oh well. Seemingly, it's all good though. :)

I would have thought there would be more responses.

hskwarrior
12-23-2007, 08:57 PM
if you are trying to bulk up, i can see how weight training can hinder your progress.

i know people who are hella buffed and their arms are stiff as boards, and can't extend right.

now, if you are trying to stay small, and get cut up, light weight training is important. if you are going heavy, you take a chance a restricting your movement.

in any case, the one thing i always encourage my students is to stretch......stretch well even after weight lifting. it helps out alot.

many people just bulk up, and never stretch.

Eddie
12-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Plenty of mixed martial artists bulk up and are still able to fight without restrictions. As Frank said, Flexibility is the key word here. However, I know plenty of well build people who are more flexible than allot of smaller martial arts people.

Drake
12-24-2007, 06:14 AM
As a martial artist, you need muscular endurance more than muscular strength. Work on more reps with smaller weights. You'll be ripped, but not bulky.