PDA

View Full Version : NoX2

GreenCloudCLF
02-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Ok, so y'all don't want to do a supplements thing. That's cool. But I ahave just started taing NOX2, and I haven't really seen a difference yet. I had a friend who swore by it for his hockey..

Anyone been on the stuff? Side effects? Benefits?

_William_
02-10-2006, 06:30 PM
I would not waste my money on nitric oxide products. They increase blood flow to the muscle, and that is all. So you get a better "pump". Not useful for martial artists! If you really wanted to, you could buy l-arginine much cheaper, which is what mainly these products are composed of.

GreenCloudCLF
02-15-2006, 07:46 AM
What about the increase in endurance benefits? I could see how that would be useful to a MAist...especially if fighting or competing in tourneys..

Fitdoc
02-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Agree with the above post. Dont waste your money on nitric products. Theory has not translated to real-world results yet. If you have sexual dysfunction, nitric oxide may have some benefit.

Having endurance is more a function of nutrition and cardiovascular (aerobic) training. Supplements may help in this realm, but not NO2.

Tingjid
02-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I've used NO2 twice now, once as a lifter a few years back and once as a martial artist. Lifting I think it helped a lot, took my healing time down a lot. Or at the very least it felt that way. Training Martial Arts wise, I don't think it helped all that much, didn't notice too much endurance benefit, still cut down healing time though. Overall I just liked the way it made me feel, I just felt better, more open I guess. Not that I don't feel all that good now, but it was just the little things. Anyway, just my experience.

Ford Prefect
02-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Having experimented with numerous supplements over the years, I have come to the conclusion that 99.9% do absolutely nothing. I don't even take a multi-vitamin anymore and supplement with the actual vitamin I feel I may be missing. NOX2 is bogus.

Ford Prefect
02-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Also, most studies are sponsored by the supplement companies as well. Tons of junk science floating around in regards to supplements.

FooFighter
02-16-2006, 07:32 AM
I think what everyone said is on point. I understand Ford's point of view, but I still use supplement to enhance my diet. I do not get everything that I need daily. So I try my best to eat what I need to increase my performance. The way I judge supplement is based on what I intuitively feel is right for me. I do not think supplements should be primary but secondary. I prefer using supplements which is organic based and rich with vit. and minerals.

Here Bao's supplement:

I consume Good fats supplements such as Udo's Oil Blend, Coconut Oil, and CLA.

I consume organic based whey, hemp, or egg protien powders.

I cycle creatine. I use this not to get me big, but help me to recover and increase my energy output for my Bruiser practice.

I take a muti-vit which is organic and not in mega doses like NewChapterOrganics's Every Man's One Daily.

I take green based powder. I do not consume enough greens in my diet.

During the cold seasons, I take an immunity supplement to prevent sickness.

That all I take. I eat rich organic fruits, vegs, and meats.