PDA

View Full Version : what a d1ck

David Jamieson
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
VP Cheney apparently is now sportively hunting humans. :D
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html
This reminds me of the monty python hunting party sketch.

an accident eh? lol

mantis108
02-12-2006, 04:54 PM
You do realize that "they" need not a warrant to tab your communications right? ;):D AND our young friend Stevie might just follow suit and give "them" a hand (I fear for us all).

So I wouldn't want to be "their" foe. Getting shot in the face may be a just little better than who knows what...So beware and be well, my friend. (oops did I just typed that?) :D

In all fairness, it's an accident. No body really wants that. :cool: Sorry for the guy on the receiving end though.

Warm regards

Mantis108

Jules
02-12-2006, 04:54 PM
I read this earlier, and it made my day. I guess he was entirely convinced that Whittington had weapons of mass destruction hidden in his coat! :D

~~J

SimonM
02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
You do realize that "they" need not a warrant to tab your communications right? ;):D AND our young friend Stevie might just follow suit and give "them" a hand (I fear for us all).

David is like me: He's a Canuk and doesn't live in the states. He's got little to fear from the yanks.

mantis108
02-12-2006, 07:18 PM
We Canuks do have one thing at least to fear for - Bush friendly Conservative government is in :eek: (I guess you are in China at the moment - good for you). We all know that "d1 ck" is the one pulling the strings of the Bush administration. The question is not if friendly fire is going to happen, it is when it is going to happen. With our eager to please his buddies ultra green horn PM, who btw is already very controversal at this point, that day is not far away, my friend. ;) Steve H has no qualms whatsoever to use his power to use the Not Withstanding Clause, invoke martial law if he see fits, etc. Do you think he has a problem in spying on Canadians if his friends told him to do so? Good Canadian politican is surely an oxymoron if not purely a fantasy .

Warm regards

Mantis108

PS I have nothing aganist decent conservatism (if there is such a thing). I am just worry about the wolf of extreme right pretending to be a sheep in the middle of the flock. :)

Jules
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM
as opposed to in his pants? yuk yuk yuk...

Which reminds me of this: http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobush/iMovieTheater188.html

Funniest thing on the web. ;)

~~J

Mr Punch
02-12-2006, 09:03 PM
That had some pretty funny bits...

but this

... (http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobush/iMovieTheater310.html)

was hilarious!

Jules
02-12-2006, 09:41 PM
That had some pretty funny bits...

but this

... (http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobush/iMovieTheater310.html)

was hilarious!

That was awesome. Although I didn't get the visuals on that, just the sound. John Stewart, I love him! And I actually have been boycotting WalMart for the past two years, because I'm crazy like that. :cool:

~~Jules

Mr Punch
02-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Walmart tried to buy out the Seiyu supermarket chain over here, but Seiyu, although it was foundering, refused all but 30% because they didn't like Walmart's management principles and attitude. So props to Seiyu for holding out in an ever-increasing world of corporate ethical bankrupcy.

However, then I was left with the dilemma: how do I boycott Walmart's 30%, and support Seiyu's 70%...?:confused:

So I now only buy 70% of my goods from Seiyu :rolleyes:

J/k of course, but ethical buying is always a bit of a ****ing t***** one.

In the end, I buy as little as possible from Seiyu cos the quality has gone right down since Walmart bought in. And, I refuse to buy American, not because I'm anti-American but simply because I think it's globalisation gone horribly wrong to buy a product that can be grown locally, from half way round the world. Plus I don't trust the preservatives, waxing and irradiation, not to mention freezing for such a long time.

And as for GM (http://www.guardian.co.uk/gmdebate/Story/0,,1708375,00.html) the US government and the WTO can suck my furry left one. I studied quite a bit of GM technology at university and I'm not naive enough to fall for the 'all GM is evil' spiel, but that's no reason to accept shoddy, short-term, rubber-stamped health- and environmental- trials either.

Edit: LOL at this fu cking puritan censor censoring 'th orny'! :D

SimonM
02-13-2006, 12:05 AM
We Canuks do have one thing at least to fear for - Bush friendly Conservative government is in :eek: (I guess you are in China at the moment - good for you). We all know that "d1 ck" is the one pulling the strings of the Bush administration. The question is not if friendly fire is going to happen, it is when it is going to happen. With our eager to please his buddies ultra green horn PM, who btw is already very controversal at this point, that day is not far away, my friend. ;) Steve H has no qualms whatsoever to use his power to use the Not Withstanding Clause, invoke martial law if he see fits, etc. Do you think he has a problem in spying on Canadians if his friends told him to do so? Good Canadian politican is surely an oxymoron if not purely a fantasy .

PM Steve-O would be an idiot to pull anything of that level. The BQ is even more anti-american that everybody else and if the Libs and the BQ agree on something it's bye-bye Conservative government... Not to mention how close Lib+NDP could get to toppling the government... if the BQ just didn't show up on the day of an economic bill it could be all over. Harper will have to play nice if he wants to stay in power for even a fortnight.

green_willow
02-13-2006, 05:26 AM
VP Cheney apparently is now sportively hunting humans. :D
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html
This reminds me of the monty python hunting party sketch.

an accident eh? lol

The attached report mentioned that: 'Vice president didn't see him'

Seeing is believing? In his case believing is seeing - as is the case of WMDs. The Vice President should have said - I didn't believe he was there. :D

But in hindsight he was there!

David Jamieson
02-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Well, it's not like they vote on everything in Canada and Harper has the power to do a lot of things actually.

However, if any of it doesn't fit with the thinking of the overall house or people of canada, then yeah, a vote of non-confidence can topple Harper as quickly as Cheney can shot a hunting partner. :p

SimonM
02-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Which was exactly my point. :)

I'm perfectly aware that the PM has quite a bit of atonomy from the House of Commons in what he can and can not do but if he starts invoking the NWC needlessly or blatantly breaking Canadian law like Bush has been doing with American law he's going to get into hot water fast.

MasterKiller
02-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Why didn't the local Sherriff report this to the media? Since when does someone have the ability to wait until they want to release a story????

Cheney has a history of DUIs. My money is on him being drunk at the time of the shooting, which would explain the 24 hours it took for someone to contact a media outlet.

David Jamieson
02-16-2006, 09:54 AM
What is interesting to m is a couple of points.

one: Cheney claims he was thirty yards away when he hit him with birdshot.

two: whoever heard of someone sustaining penetrating damage from birdshot at 30 yards?

The wound as shown on various networks is a very close pattern and the pellets went deep. apparentely one wen t deep enough to be affected by blood flow and carried to teh heart.

Now at 30 yards, an ssg round might get that kind of penetration on a human, but generally speaking, this is a near physical impossibility for bird shot from a 20+ gauge shotgun at 30 yards.

so, Cheney is likely lying about his distance from Whittington.
Cheney took far too long to respond and in fact hasn't properly responded at all. He has only released a mini interview that says not much to a partisan media outlet.

My guess is that cheney did indeed accidentally hit him, but not because he (whittington) stepped into range of fire and rather because Cheney was not practicing the safety guidlines of carrying a loaded weapon. He likely was close to whittington, like pretty much right next to him, had his firearm up and to his right without the sfaety on and shot in the breach. He likely stumbled, pulled and blasted whittington.

the pattern of the wound is indicative of fairly close range and anyone who has used a shotgun knows that at thirty yards teh spread is way wider than what is shown.

the drunk question is moot. we'll never know because Cheney failed to immediately report the accident to authorities as is the law I believe.

I have no doubt he will wriggle out of this like the rest of the admin has wriggled out of blunders and disasters so far.

why do you people keep these guys in power anyway? This is just another catalyst moment american cousins. Really it's up to you people to do something about these guys you got running your country right now...before it goes to ground...lol pun intended.

Anthony
02-16-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm already sick of this story. I heard that it was reported 18 hours after it happened. Anyway, If I had accidentally shot someone in the face my first priority would not be to run to the New York Post. I don't think that the time lapse really makes any difference.

"why do you people keep these guys in power anyway? "

Um...they were elected democratically. I guess that's that.

SimonM
02-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Consider Cheny thoroughly wriggled.

No charges will be pressed.

MasterKiller
02-17-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm already sick of this story. I heard that it was reported 18 hours after it happened. Anyway, If I had accidentally shot someone in the face my first priority would not be to run to the New York Post. I don't think that the time lapse really makes any difference.

Well, if I just shot somebody in Texas, I don't think I'd be in Washington the next day either.

My interest is in why the Sherriff wasn't immediately notified and why that dept. didn't report the accident.

Cheney has his own medical staff and ambulance with him ALL THE TIME, so the guy got immediate attention. But when was law enforcement notified?

The owner of the property notified the local paper tne next day, after Cheney had time to leave Texas, sober up, and talk to Karl Rove to get his story straight.

BM2
02-17-2006, 11:07 PM
A co-worker was killed by his 12 year old son while dove hunting. Man I thought about it a long time. I didn't like the guy at all because at the time we worked together I had to follow behind him on the jobs we did. But when he died all I could think about was his son knowing he got excited by the doves taking wing, swinging the gun around towards his dad and killing him. Here he is, 12, without a dad and thinking about that awfull moment that he wishs he could go back into time and change.
Anyway, back to the subject. I recall a local reporter trying to get some info from the cops about something that occured. It was released after several hours than it should have been. He (the reporter) stated in his experience that whenever there is a problem getting the story out, there is a problem with the story.
Side note: Never ever trust anyone who works for Halliburton;) :D

green_willow
02-18-2006, 06:24 AM
"why do you people keep these guys in power anyway? "

Um...they were elected democratically. I guess that's that.

Because they are more dangerous to the enemies.

BM2
02-19-2006, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=MasterKiller]
My interest is in why the Sherriff wasn't immediately notified and why that dept. didn't report the accident.

QUOTE]

Why is there a need for a police report for a hunting accident in which no one was killed? Was he hunting over a baited field? Whittington is a lawyer and as you pointed out earlier there was an ambulance nearby.:D Maybe JP can help us out;) Could be he was taking a lawyer without a proper tag.

I really doubt the VP was drunk. The Secret Service would not allow him to have a loaded gun while drunk or someone drunk with a loaded gun near the VP.

David Jamieson
02-19-2006, 10:42 AM
public life is public life.

I concur with the idea that if there's trouble getting a story out there is likely trouble with the story.

It's a weird situation and the story reflects the secretiveness of Cheney and teh administration he works with overall.

Is it relevant to americans? yes. What else is he not telling you? (enron complicity, haliburton kick backs to a deferred income trust, corporate back passing, you name it he's in the soup).

Kymus
02-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Scientific proof Cheney's shooting story a lie (http://prisonplanet.com/articles/february2006/190206shooting_vid.htm)