PDA

View Full Version : David P. book is for sale again !

Ernie
02-12-2006, 09:33 PM
http://shop.vtmuseum.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=35

Look Beyond the pointing finger

great book !
looks like all those that missed a chance to get it are in luck !:D

chisauking
02-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Can't beleive it! I just veiwed the very page! Spooky stuff

Ernie
02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Can't beleive it! I just veiwed the very page! Spooky stuff
I am everywhere at all times watching !!!!!!!!:D

I just got an email telling me about it , i have the book love it ! even have it saved in PDF for my archive .

David if you read this my guys i'm sure will be wanting copies of your book , and i might want a few extra to keep around , should we order from you or the site ?

Matrix
02-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I have this book and HIGHLY recommend it to any Wing Chunner.

ghostofwingchun
02-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Why is it a good book? Can some of you provide details of what you found to be worthwhile.

Thanks,

Ghost

Kevin Bell
02-13-2006, 09:46 AM
David if you read this my guys i'm sure will be wanting copies of your book , and i might want a few extra to keep around , should we order from you or the site ?

What? Didnt hear a thing about it. ****! Think there's a few UK guys who'd like a copy as well. Oh well have i'll get my own back with a 4 in the morning wake up call to OZ.

E, expect post!

Ultimatewingchun
02-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Definitely interested...waiting to see what David says about buying it directly from him.

Thanks for the scoop, Ernie.

couch
02-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Definitely interested...waiting to see what David says about buying it directly from him.

Thanks for the scoop, Ernie.

Ditto, David, if you would enlighten us please!

Best,
Kenton Sefcik

David Peterson
02-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi All,
I actually have no copies of the book myself and for financial reasons have not been able to republish for some time now. The VTM has done a limited run of the books, with my blessing, so as to enable those seeking a copy to finally be able to obtain one. As such, please get in touch with them if you'd like to make a purchase. Thanks for your continued interest in my humble little book and I hope that you enjoy reading it. I truly appreciate the very positive feedback that you have given me :)
DMP

AmanuJRY
02-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Why is it a good book? Can some of you provide details of what you found to be worthwhile.

Thanks,

Ghost

Here's an idea, read the book and decide for yourself. :eek:

I'm gettin' my copy while the gettin' is good.;)

David Peterson
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks to all who have so kindly recommended my book - I hope to actually produce a slightly updated "2nd Edition" some time in the future. In the meantime, for those who have enjoyed the book, and those who may not have seen it but are curious about the WSL Method, please take a look at the newly updated 'Articles' section of my website to read a selection of articles on both my Sifu and his combat philosophy - Happy Reading! :)
DMP

www.wslwingchun.com

Ultimatewingchun
03-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Got your book, David.
I like it.
Definitely some politic-ing going on and some revisionist history as well...

but on the whole...a very good book.

Certainly brought me back to my Moy Yat days (spent 8 years with him)...and gave me some food for thought about what I'll now call the role of "moving in and fighting right up the middle"...(a much more accurate and non political term - as opposed to "modified" wing chun).

The blindside strategy (or should I say "emphasis") that William Cheung teaches is simply another tactic that a wing chun fighter can use - and trust me when I tell you that William is also an expert at fighting right in the middle...what you call (or WSL called) "attacking the center of mass". I know because I've seen and felt it from William Cheung enough times)...

but he emphasizes the blindside (and the extra footwork and entry methods) since it tends to produce a "two-arm-on-one-arm" momentary advantage...and may temporarily bypass the "attack his center" strategy to gain the advantage - make a hit or two...and then continue on the attack right toward the center of his body (center of mass).

Nonetheless....to be a more complete wing chun fighter: it seems to me that working with both parts to the puzzle covers a lot more bases than just emphasizing one or the other.

It always depends upon the situation - "one size fits all is not reality", imo.

I'm sorry I hadn't read this book before I actually met you at that dinner that Miquel Hernandez put together about...what?...5-6 years ago?

The conversation would have been more interesting that night!

Best book I've ever read on non-TWC wing chun.

One question: You mention in the book that "The Science Of Infighting" video that WSL made back in the day (I have a copy for many years now) contained mistakes made on purpose.

Care to elaborate?

David Peterson
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi Victor,
Thanks for the positive feedback - glad that you finally got hold of a copy, ...and that you enjoyed it. I'm flying to the UK shortly so cannot elaborate on the video question right now, but after I return from "seminaring" in two weeks, I'll go in to more detail :)
DMP

Ernie
03-10-2006, 05:34 PM
David ,
give Kev a smack in the head for me , there is a collection of video's waiting for you when you get there , gift from Gary :D

RedJunkRebel
03-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the original post about the book being available. I was able to get a copy because of it.

Ernie
03-10-2006, 06:12 PM
no problem Adam :D
David is a good man and his book rocks !
i always read it on flights and when prepping for seminars , gets my head in the right place ;)

hey i see your in Cali we should hook up some time !

RedJunkRebel
03-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'm in OC. I'm down for getting together. Maybe we can hook up one of these weekends coming up.

Ernie
03-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I'm in OC. I'm down for getting together. Maybe we can hook up one of these weekends coming up.

cool !
man i wish i would have known sooner i got a few guys from KFO visiting from out the country and we are all getting together for dinner tonight been training off and on with them all week !

a few of the guys i train live in OC and there always down for a work out , maybe i can hook you guys up as well

anyway off to dinner

have a great weekend !

Ultimatewingchun
03-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Hi Victor,
Thanks for the positive feedback - glad that you finally got hold of a copy, ...and that you enjoyed it. I'm flying to the UK shortly so cannot elaborate on the video question right now, but after I return from "seminaring" in two weeks, I'll go in to more detail :)
DMP

***OKAY, DAVID...I'll be lookin' forward to it.

Kevin Bell
03-11-2006, 07:30 AM
David ,
give Kev a smack in the head for me

Hey i heard that :)