PDA

View Full Version : Clips of Mui Fa Sau

taichi4eva
02-14-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm learning Mui Fa Sau right now, and I don't remember what happens after the first road. Does anyone have a video clip?

German Bai Lung
02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Why donīt you wait till your next training?

Whats happening to the traditional way of training? Is this what the new "age" of multimedia is bringing us?

shirkers1
02-14-2006, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/?v=o1dcEfeq40g

Done slow enough to refresh the memory....

I wouldn't go any further than you've been shown though.

Emeraldphoenix
02-14-2006, 03:06 PM
What's up Mark? I dropped that vid into the video library. So everyone can see you and MR. Biggie. I know you have more of Mike, Drop some into the vid section. If you have the time.

shirkers1
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Okay I'll try to link some stuff up there are a bunch in there so give me some time.

Yeah I thought I put the stuff up a while ago.... I know I did on the quarterly site.

Either way you can check out the other videos I have if you check out my profile on youtube. Not all of them have to do with mantis boxing, so you'll have to weed through them.

taichi4eva
02-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Nice...my version seems a bit different though.

I've read on other threads that Mui Fa Sau may resemble a form practiced by Mantis practicioners in Taiwan called "Tang Lang Shou." Is this true? I always thought that Mui Fa Sau was created by Luo Guanyu and unique to the HK Mantis lineage.

bungbukuen
02-16-2006, 07:21 AM
What is HK lineage? Do you mean LGY lineage? He is not from HK, he is from Shandong, China.

taichi4eva
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
When Luo Guanyu came to HK (he was from Shandong, yes), he added many mantis forms to make a broader curriculum. For example, Luo may have created mui fa sau and mui fa kuen, because on the mainland, there is only one- meihualu.

This is what I meant by HK lineage.

bungbukuen
02-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Got it....LGY lineage. Thanks.