PDA

View Full Version : what are the rules of the UFC & Pride & other championships........?

MAX
02-15-2006, 12:29 AM
hi every one

i allways hear about rules in the open fight ...and some times they say there is no rules in the open fight they say t's completely free fighting.... and some of them they say there is less Rules .......and like that....!!!:confused:

now my question is about these championships:.........
Absolute FC....Gladiator Challenge....HookNShoot...K-1... King of the Cage...
PRIDE FC...UFC........etc

1) what are the rulels .......?

2) is there a levels for the Rules in the open fight ...?if there is please write the Rules with each Level?

3) is there absolutely open fight without any rules in these champinships? or in other champinships i dont know about it...?

4) pleaseeeeee guys i want a deeply explanation and details about it in easy way.

because i am messy in these things......:)

Samurai Jack
02-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Rule #1: BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!

Rule #2: Don't go walkin' around dressed like Peter Pan over here.

Rule #3: Break the wrist, walk away.

Rule #4: Forget about it!

I learned these rules after seven seasons in the Octogon! Now bow to your sensei.

MAX
02-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Rule #1: BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!

Rule #2: Don't go walkin' around dressed like Peter Pan over here.

Rule #3: Break the wrist, walk away.

Rule #4: Forget about it!

I learned these rules after seven seasons in the Octogon! Now bow to your sensei.

answer me samurai i'm serious about it:D

MasterKiller
02-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Two men enter, one man leaves.

hjt
02-15-2006, 07:25 AM
loser gets tea bagged

Mortal1
02-15-2006, 09:43 AM
LMAO!!!!good one.

MAX
02-15-2006, 09:49 AM
the proplem is that iam asking so seriously

and they dont care

:mad:

FatherDog
02-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Firstly, jesus chocolatey christ learn how to write. You sound like someone with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Secondly,

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/whats_rules.htm

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

GreenCloudCLF
02-15-2006, 10:36 AM
31. Throwing in the towel during competition.

Quitting is a foul?

SergeTk
02-16-2006, 12:29 AM
I think you should ask this in MMA forum and not CMA forum.

David Jamieson
02-16-2006, 06:54 AM
why? lots of us cma guys are into the sport of mma.

but truly, Max, you need to learn to use google for this kind of question.

key words "rules to UFC" , "MMA Rules" whatever.

rulesets are available and on the web for whoever wants em. as is indicated by the links in this thread.

where is capatain obvious when you need him?

hjt
02-16-2006, 07:01 AM
there is an unwritten rule especially for UFC

no n*pple twisting

SimonM
02-16-2006, 07:04 AM
I don't know but if anyone knows of a venue that allows headbutting and unrestricted use of elbows let me know.

GreenCloudCLF
02-16-2006, 07:07 AM
there is an unwritten rule especially for UFC

no n*pple twisting

Actually it is a written rule:

Fouls:
12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.

SimonM
02-16-2006, 07:21 AM
UFC Fouls I don't agree with (because I've either done them or had them done to me):

1. Butting with the head.
8. Small joint manipulation.
10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
16. Stomping a grounded opponent.

Pride Grounds for Disqualification I don't agree with (for the same reason):

1: No head butting
4: No small joint manipulation (control of four or more fingers/toes is necessary)
5: No elbow strikes to the head and face.
6: No intentionally throwing your opponent out of the ring. I mean come on! In traditional Lei Tai matches this was one of the main ways to win!!!

The rest of the rules are no problem. I'm not one of those "if we could tigerclaw and eyegouge we could win" types... I'm just a bit of a brute in close combat, the clinch and the ground. :D

SevenStar
02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't know but if anyone knows of a venue that allows headbutting and unrestricted use of elbows let me know.

I've heard that thai boxing in colorado is full muay thai - you can elbow, even to the head. Don't know of any that ALLOWS headbutting, but it happens all the time anyway. I've been intentionally headbutted in judo matches.

Shaolinlueb
02-16-2006, 12:26 PM
www.ufc.com has the rules on there im pretty sure.
lazy people dont even want to do searches.

SevenStar
02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
UFC Fouls I don't agree with (because I've either done them or had them done to me):

1. Butting with the head.
8. Small joint manipulation.
10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
16. Stomping a grounded opponent.

Pride Grounds for Disqualification I don't agree with (for the same reason):

1: No head butting
4: No small joint manipulation (control of four or more fingers/toes is necessary)
5: No elbow strikes to the head and face.
6: No intentionally throwing your opponent out of the ring. I mean come on! In traditional Lei Tai matches this was one of the main ways to win!!!

The rest of the rules are no problem. I'm not one of those "if we could tigerclaw and eyegouge we could win" types... I'm just a bit of a brute in close combat, the clinch and the ground. :D

small joint manipulation is easier to do in a ground grappling situation where I have you controlled. Due to the nature of the small joints and the sutation you are in, the result would be more breaks than tap outs.

As for the le tai, traditionally, how high is it? and what was below them? If the ring platform is three feet of the ground and you are intentionally throwing them out (there are ropes, so it's unlikely that you will just kick them out - you will have to throw them over the top) you are talkin about droppin someone about 7 or 8 feet onto concrete.

mantis108
02-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Small joint manipulation is effective (providing you know what you are doing including understanding ground fighting with positional control) but don't make a plan of SJM or it's a sure way to get yourself choke out! :D

Too many people in TCMA make that assumption/plan and that's why ... Huston, we have a problem. ;)

Now, let the stoning begins.

Mantis108

yenhoi
02-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I think vale tudo allows headbutts and unrestricted elbows.

maybe not..

:eek:

truewrestler
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I believe the International Vale Tudo Championships is the currently only public fighting event with the classic no-holds-barred/vale-tudo(anything goes) rules of everything but eye-gouging, fish-hooking and groin strikes allowed.

SimonM
02-16-2006, 07:56 PM
small joint manipulation is easier to do in a ground grappling situation where I have you controlled. Due to the nature of the small joints and the sutation you are in, the result would be more breaks than tap outs.

As for the le tai, traditionally, how high is it? and what was below them? If the ring platform is three feet of the ground and you are intentionally throwing them out (there are ropes, so it's unlikely that you will just kick them out - you will have to throw them over the top) you are talkin about droppin someone about 7 or 8 feet onto concrete.

I don't see SJM as a main line of attack. But it can be a good way to escape a choke, find one finger and twist hard... Yes I have pressure tested this. No I didn't break the guys finger, he was smart enough to let go and I used the out to maneuver rather than trying to submit based on SJM which is hard at best.

Lei tai were of variable height and variable surface below them. I doubt any were as high as the one in Fearless... Generally, I think, they were between 2 and 5 feet off the ground and the surrounding surface was either dirt, stone tile or occasionally water.

SimonM
02-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I believe the International Vale Tudo Championships is the currently only public fighting event with the classic no-holds-barred/vale-tudo(anything goes) rules of everything but eye-gouging, fish-hooking and groin strikes allowed.

Tell me more... :D :D :D

When I was back in Canada my brother and I used to spar a lot. This was EXACTLY the rules that we played by. Groin shots, eye gouging, fish-hooking and biting were all against the rules. Anything else went.

truewrestler
02-16-2006, 09:40 PM
oh yeah, I forgot no biting

Not much more to tell. Those were the original rules that the UFC and other MMA organizations start with, though some early events allowed groin strikes. Slowly, for fighter safety and to appease opponents, they added more rules. IVC in Brazil just never changed their rules.

Stranger
02-16-2006, 09:57 PM
There is no groundfighting, but Burmese bando kickboxing allows elbows and headbutts (along with punches, knees, kicks, and throws)

Beware the science of nine limbs!

SimonM
02-17-2006, 12:31 AM
oh yeah, I forgot no biting

Not much more to tell. Those were the original rules that the UFC and other MMA organizations start with, though some early events allowed groin strikes. Slowly, for fighter safety and to appease opponents, they added more rules. IVC in Brazil just never changed their rules.

Is there a Chinese Vale Tudo association?

green_willow
02-17-2006, 04:33 AM
Small joint manipulation is effective (providing you know what you are doing including understanding ground fighting with positional control) but don't make a plan of SJM or it's a sure way to get yourself choke out! :D

Too many people in TCMA make that assumption/plan and that's why ... Huston, we have a problem. ;)

Now, let the stoning begins.

Mantis108

Can't u just sacrifice a little finger and go on and win the fight? samll joint manipulation LOL

tjmitch
02-17-2006, 12:50 PM
SJM is stupid in a sport fight. All it does is **** people off and we all end up with annoying broken fingers. In a real fight...sure, as a short cut to help me out of a bad situation, but if someone with 1/2 way decent ground fighting skills has a RNC on you, twisting their fingers isn't going to get you out unless you also know what to do with the small window of opportunity you opened up by twisting that finger.

Ford Prefect
02-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Mitch is right. A guy I trained with was in a pit fight with somebody else. The style of the fighter (if he had a style) eludes me because this was nearly 7 years ago. To make a long story, he was about to sink the rear naked choke. His opponent decided to sjm his finger and break it. He immediately switched from the RNC, straight arm-barred the guy, cranked the hell of it until the guys elbow snapped.

splinter
02-17-2006, 02:39 PM

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing a Vale Tudo fight with Chuck Liddell where he was trying to stomp on his downed opponent's nutz.

The opponent was on the grownd defending with his legs. Liddell was basically alternating with leg kicks and attempted groin stomps. It made me cringe more than just about anything else I've seen in MMA.

FatherDog
02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing a Vale Tudo fight with Chuck Liddell where he was trying to stomp on his downed opponent's nutz.

The opponent was on the grownd defending with his legs. Liddell was basically alternating with leg kicks and attempted groin stomps. It made me cringe more than just about anything else I've seen in MMA.

Liddel vs Pele, in Chuck's second ever pro mma fight. IVC 6.

splinter
02-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Liddel vs Pele, in Chuck's second ever pro mma fight. IVC 6.

So have the rules changed since then?

truewrestler
02-20-2006, 02:29 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/9377585/Chuck_Liddell_x_Jose_Pele_Land.avi.html

I am downloading now. I don't think the rules have changed much if at all. For some reason I'm under the impression that groin strikes have been removed by don't quote me on that. I'll search on google and see if I can come up with some info

truewrestler
02-20-2006, 02:32 PM
http://www.valetudo.com.br/

No biting
No eye gouging
No fishing hook
No holding the ropes
No kicking if wearing shoes
No placing hands or feet inside the opponent's trunks
The referee can restart the fight

splinter
02-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks.
After a quick google, all I saw was the european vale tudo rules which are quite a bit more strict, so I wasn't sure.