PDA

View Full Version : Omoshiroii!

Mr Punch
02-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Omoshiroiikamo. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,,1710989,00.html)

SimonM
02-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Yes Mat I think we realize that Japanese people are quite capable of swearing. It's just that Putonghua is such a good language to swear in. I mean even phrases that wouldn't offend the most polite of people (such as ma fan, bu tai hao and the ever-popular ayah) can be cathartically relieving in the same manner as uttering something like sh!t in English.

Mr Punch
02-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Yes Mat I think we realize that Japanese people are quite capable of swearing. ...Don't quite know where that came from, just thought the article was interesting that's all. Not connected to swearing, more from the Chinese POV; the cow's vagina thing was funny for a start.

SimonM
02-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Don't quite know where that came from, just thought the article was interesting that's all. Not connected to swearing, more from the Chinese POV; the cow's vagina thing was funny for a start.

Sorry, my bad, I thought you were bringing it to our attention because of the author's assertation that Japanese was nearly devoid of foul language... You know, since you live in Japan and all. :D