PDA

View Full Version : Wong Han Fun's books 17-26

ChangHFY
02-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any info on how to get Wong Han Fun's Mantis books series 17-26? thank you.

take care,
zai jian

Young Mantis
02-17-2006, 12:32 AM
To my knowledge, the Yih Mei Publishing Company only published 16 numbered volumes in that series. While there were certainly many other books authored by WHF such as the weapon sets, they were not numbered as the well known 16 set was. The other books such as Ji Ng Geem, Fu Mei Sahm Jeet Gwun, Luk Hup Seung Doe, Yeen Tsing Dahn Doe are much harder to come by since they were not republished as often as the 16 volume set. I have found a few in various book stores in NYC Chinatown although I have not seen anymore in the last few years. I have not found any in HK anymore but I did manage to find some in Taipei a few years ago.

Where did you get the numbers 17-26?

ChangHFY
02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi, Young Mantis thanks for the info. I havent been able to find any other Wong Han Fun books other than the series 1-16, Mantis Essays, and his Shaolin Sword form. But now I know why thanks. Hows training?

take care,
zai jian

jwwmantis
02-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Joseph Crandall translated 2 of WHFs books, the Yan Qing Saber and the Military Big Saber Art. The contact info is Smiling Tiger Martial Arts, http://users2.ev1.net/%7Estma/
Good luck with your search.

jwwmantis

ChangHFY
02-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks alot Jwwmantis. If I find some ill keep you in mind if your interested in any.
good luck with training.

take care,
zai jian