PDA

View Full Version : WCL Fight Video

Fu-Pow
02-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Dont' know if this was already posted.

http://www.worldcombatleague.com/media/wmv/Debut.wmv

I like the girls fight. She gets hit in the chest and goes down. Totally stole her breath.

SifuAbel
02-16-2006, 06:28 PM
The video has got a few FPS speed up.

SimonM
02-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Meh. It's OK but I'm a bit of a wrestler... At least allowing clinching and throwing would be nice.

Ou Ji
02-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Looks like the old PKA/PKC/ISKA full-contact kickboxing events.

Three Harmonies
02-17-2006, 08:39 AM
I agree with Simon. It is not combat if you can only kick and punch.
BTW where was th body knockout with the chick you were talking about? She hit her in hte chin.
Basically kickboxing. Nice stuff though. Anyone have more info on this?
Jake :)

Oso
02-17-2006, 09:13 AM
WCL was being promoted a while back but it just looked like major hype to me.

decent kickboxing and that girl did catch it on the chin but at a downward angle.

good athletes.

Mortal1
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Anytime people throw full force shots that is combat. Are you kidding? More so then wrestling.

Jun Fan
02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Anytime people throw full force shots that is combat. Are you kidding? More so then wrestling.

I have to agree. I would always rather see this than grappling. That stuff just bores me to death.

WinterPalm
02-17-2006, 11:19 AM
I just can't appreciate someone putting their head down and swinging like a madman hoping that maybe one hit will land. These people are definately athletes but they look very sloppy in what they are doing.

I prefer the MMA where the excitement of possibly takedowns, clinch, etc, makes watching much more interesting. This is just another kickboxing venue...no elbows, no knees? I would like to see Chuck Norris in there though...

Mortal1
02-17-2006, 11:30 AM
I love mma too! But I will always prefer watching two people straight up duke it out. I love watching kickboxing or sanda anyday. I have respect for anykind of sport fighting contest.

Oso
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I have to agree. I would always rather see this than grappling. That stuff just bores me to death.

done any grappling? I mean, structured grappling training...

It's far from boring if you know what to look for...and it helps if you know what it feels like to be there.

sometimes I feel like striking is to grappling as checkers is to chess.

David Jamieson
02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
perhaps teh doing may not be boring, but grappling is hella boring to watch.

that's actually some real quality kickboxing shown there. Good form, good techniques, good power and good intention.

I would rather watch that calibre of kickboxing over ufc to be honest.

and yeah, it's because of the sheer boredom of watching two guys clutch for 5 minutes at a time. Sure it takes strength and yes you should train in that range but watching it is likel watching paint dry.

the kickboxing however is on the edge of your seat stuff!

DJ approves!

Ou Ji
02-17-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm with you guys on watching the stand-up fighting. Not that I don't appreciate and good grappling match. Problem is you don't see many (unless you're a die-hard grappling fan).

I've seen a few that were non-stop submission attempts and counters. Unfortunately most are of the 5 min clinch waiting variety.

Then again I've seen stand-up fights that spend the whole first round dancing around and feeling out without any punches landing.

Overall though stand-up seems to be a little more action oriented because the clinch gets broken up and they get back to fighting.

CFREW
02-17-2006, 04:27 PM
IM NOT REALLY A FAN OF IT

i prefer PRIDE TO THIS, IT DOES LOOK MORE LIKE KICKBOXING/SANDA TO ME,

but yeah i agree, when it comes to people leaving there guard to low, or throwing punches looking like there swimming with there head down like a madman

is quite silly

Merryprankster
02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
I've been grappling for about a decade now, all told, and I can't think of anything more boring to watch. Except maybe bowling.

SimonM
02-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I just meant it should be an option. San Da includes clinching and throwing without degenerating into a UFC roll and snooze fest.

Fu-Pow
02-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I just meant it should be an option. San Da includes clinching and throwing without degenerating into a UFC roll and snooze fest.

The rules in this are pretty interesing they only have 2 rounds at 3 min each or something like that.

Anyways, I thought that girl got knocked out from a chest hit, I didn't see anything hit her face even in the replay.

FP

SanHeChuan
02-17-2006, 07:39 PM
It's a team sport just like that movie the "Best of the Best", looks cool, how do I get on a Team.:D
I do think throws should be allowed, but it is definetly a Kick Boxing venue, so no hope their.

Oso
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
huh, well, guess I'm the odd one out...I like to watch striking fine but I also like to watch the grappling even more.

Jun Fan
02-17-2006, 10:38 PM
I've been grappling for about a decade now, all told, and I can't think of anything more boring to watch. Except maybe bowling.

Exactly!

I've done my time rolling around on a matt in BJJ class. There's nothing boring about that at all. I aint gonna watch other people do it though.

David Jamieson
02-18-2006, 07:49 AM
short rounds, short time on teh rounds means a couple of things.

1)fighters can go all out

2)fighters can go all out

:D