PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Finish speakers

IronFist
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I know some people here speak Finish (like Mika :D )

Alright, in this ytmnd (http://byebodom.ytmnd.com/) where Children of Bodom are covering Brittney Spears' "Oops I did it again," what does the singer say in the beginning after he warms up with "Cuz I lose all...?" I don't speak Finish so I have no idea at all, but it sounds like "peri käva" or something. So can someone write it out for me and then translate it, too?

Thanks!!

Mook Jong
02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Also what is he saying in the middle of the song?

IronFist
02-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Also what is he saying in the middle of the song?

^ :D

10 char limit

IronFist
02-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Is it "Perkele?" Like "devil" or something?

Kristoffer
02-19-2006, 08:45 AM
perkele(sp?) like one of the few things I know in finnish. it means "d@mnit!". in swedish: "fan" (a pronounced like in lama). directly translated - devil. maybe it's the same with finnish.

GreenCloudCLF
02-21-2006, 10:56 AM
What does ytmnd mean?

Mook Jong
02-21-2006, 02:13 PM
What does ytmnd mean?

Your the man now dog

GreenCloudCLF
02-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Your the man now dog

umm..thanks..but what does that mean? I know its a quote from that COnnery movie. But does it now have some cultural significance?

IronFist
02-21-2006, 08:48 PM
umm..thanks..but what does that mean? I know its a quote from that COnnery movie. But does it now have some cultural significance?

Yeah. Someone made a site with a repeating wallpaper pic of Connery saying "you're the man now, dog," and it had the text on the page, and it repeated over and over and over again. Now there are a ton of copies of that type of page, and they're all hosted at ytmnd.com. Go there and search for anything you want. You'll probably find results.

There are many ytmnd inside jokes that get built upon and built upon. I've seen some ytmnds that have 5 or 10 internet/ytmnd inside jokes in them, and if you're a nerd like me, they're quite funny. :D

jari
02-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Hi,

IronFist and Kristoffer are correct.

He says "Käsi luistaa, PERKELE!"...(with a quite thick accent I might add)..

translation: "The hand glids (seems to be a reference to masturbation, although I´ve never encountered such a saying during my 30 years of Finnish..)

"Perkele!" means the devil (this one is a very common expression).

hope this helps..:)