PDA

View Full Version : HMMMMM what say you?

hskwarrior
02-19-2006, 05:11 PM
ok i did a search for something, and this is one of the things that came up during my search. never heard of it before, so i thought i'd check it out.

this is the site and i wanted the choy lee fut, hung ga people to make any comments about this. pls go through the whole site and share your thoughts.

hskhttp://www.angelfire.com/dragon/robertsmith/

hsk

CLFNole
02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
What say I?

1) Run and run fast
2) Love the gi
3) Nice pose in the picture but he should have let the gas out instead of holding it in
4) Have the baby already.

The list could go on but I think we all get the picture.

The main thing I get from this is:

"I know kempo got a Plum Flower poster and a tiger-crane video, now lets go out an make a style."

Fu-Pow
02-19-2006, 05:44 PM
He MUST be a master his...*ahem*...GI.....says so! (http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/robertsmith/sijoindex.jpg)

hskwarrior
02-19-2006, 07:01 PM
wow, a 10th degree in the very system he created.............

seriously, why is this karate guy raping our kung fu styles to create something and put a karate face on it?

hskwarrior
02-19-2006, 07:01 PM
.,................................................ ...............................

CLFNole
02-19-2006, 07:35 PM
The sad fact is that it won't be the first nor will it be the last. If people fall for this crap well there is a reason the average IQ is was it is. :D

CLFLPstudent
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM
His use, of commas, in his 5-Animals descriptions is, masterful. Does he, hold the, rank of 10-degree black-belt in, grammar?

-DS

yutyeesam
02-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Nice Arms. Time To Do Some Pushups, Sijo.

Lama Pai Sifu
02-20-2006, 06:06 AM
I love the reference to himself in the third person and uses both Dragon and Sijo Smith to name himself. Very funny.

Dragon is the founder of Shao-Choy-Hung Kung Fu. He is proficient in many martial arts, and many weapons. He designed the "Windstorm" weapon that you see on this page, and the "Lung Sais". He also is knowledgeable in Chin Na, and pressure point fighting. The Dragon has a five animal form that is great to watch. Each animal has 10 sets, or combinations to it. A must see for the five animal practitioner. Sijo Smith has also been in "NINJA" magazine as well as various local newspapers. Sijo has done seminars for the North Attelboro Army Reserve, Local Martialarts Schools, Rape Prevention Training, School kids, at Bryantville, MA, and so much more. Sijo Does seminars for martial arts schools, law enforcement, security companies, grade schools, and much more. Dragon also practices Chi Gung. The development of inner strength. He also teaches Northern & Southern styles of kicking.

I like the line: The Dragon as a five animal form that is great to watch.

How people can get other people to follow them....sometimes it is beyond my imagination.

Plus, this guy is so HUGE! Holy Craap!

Thanks for the early morning humor.

But I have to get to my school now and start designing my own weapon. Hmmm, maybe I'll take three sticks and put them together with chains....no wait ..that's been done....hhmmmm, I know! I'll put a half of a grappling hook on a hook sword! No, darn, that's what Dragon did, wait, I know - I'll put a propeller on one end of a staff, and an umbrella on the other end! My 'Propel-Brell Gwun!

I will carve a notch in the staff part for everyone who questions my weapon and it will signify all of my martial conquests. I can use it on all my martial adventures - it will shield my from dastardly thrown weapons (or rain) and will enable me to jump from small high places and gently drift down to eath.

The propeller side can be spun clockwise or counter clockwise to either 'suck' my opponents energies inward, or to repell them backward. I will hold the staff hard and strong with my Chin Na skills, and no one will be able to duplicate my feats of martial skill or strength.

Now if I can just figure out how to make the propeller retract into the shaft,....Go Go Dragon, er, I mean Go Go Sijo Propel-Brell Gwun!

Green Cloud
02-23-2006, 06:13 AM
oooohhh look at my scary claw. Why do kenpo guys always do that ugly claw thing. You would think that they can at least form a proper claw.

X-Warrior
02-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Nice Arms. Time To Do Some Pushups, Sijo.

I'd more recommend situps insteads.

I also love the sign 'MASTER' right across his chest. :)

TenTigers
02-23-2006, 06:49 AM
Heeeyy, that's not the kenpo claw thingy-he's developed his own special claw thingy.:eek: The kenpo claw thingy is with the index and middle fingers more extended, and the ring and pinky curled in more. I believe they got this either from Lau Ga Kuen-which is done in many Kenpo schools, or from Bruce Lee himself-who as Kato, often was seen using this position. Dracula also did this-wonder if he knew kenpo? It is in Ed Parker's early book,"Secrets of Chinese Karate" which actually was written by James Wing Woo, or Jimmy Woo, not sure, but the guy was a Lau Bun guy? HSK, help me out. I have seen this position in many CLF forms as well-especially Doc Fai-Wong's sets. It is actually a natural position, as the pinky and ring finger tend to curl inwards to grip.

hskwarrior
02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
actually it looks like he's imitating ELVIS with arthitis in his hands.

Rick,

I don't know where the SHIJO DRAGON got his hand gestures from, but in Choy Lee Fut we don't do that. we do have the same position but with buddha palms instead of the claw. what ever claw that was.

but rick, jimmy woo and i'm still checking on it, said that he hung out with Lau Bun and according to one of his people said that Jimmy Woo would go with Lau Bun to collect gambling debts.

in regards to the book you are referring to my sifu also has this book. I saw it and since it was supposed to be a karate book i expected to see karate. but as soon as i opened it, i instantly said to my sifu these are choy lee fut techniques, aren't they? He said that ed parker used to set up movie cameras and video tape lau bun and the hung sing kwoon and the street performances.

I wish i would have kept a copy of this article written by a friend of Ed Parker who called it the Lost Article. but it the article i remember it said that Lau Bun was very influential in the development of American Kempo. He said that he would pay visits to Lau Bun regulalry. according to my sigung, ed parker used to pay lau bun $500 a gallon for his dit da jow.

I have even seen a website that said there schools forms 3-7 were from Lau Buns gung fu.

but Shijo Dragon is raping our CMA and putting a karate face on it, and this bothers me.

peace

hskwarrior
02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
i don't have any pictures like the one i think you are talking about,
so i posted one of T.Y. Wong.

so is that the one you are talking about or similar to it?

TenTigers
02-23-2006, 11:10 AM
http://disc.server.com/Indices/117876.html
check out the hand positions in the drawing on the opening page

hskwarrior
02-23-2006, 11:52 AM
nonononononononono,

that is a karate thang!!!!!!!!!

in lau bun's gung fu we've never held our fingers like that.

Fu-Pow
02-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Looks vaguely like the sword hand from the jian/gim.

GreenCloudCLF
02-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Looks vaguely like the sword hand from the jian/gim.

If you're fat lazy and sloppy..oh wait...that's right, he is!