PDA

View Full Version : Blood type and diet?

GreenCloudCLF
02-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I have owned a book for several years called Eat Right 4 your Type. And it posits that a persons diet should depend on their blood type. All foods are broken into 3 categories: beneficial/neutral/toxic. Then each blood type has certain foods in each of the 3 categories.

The author provides a history of blood types and ties this in to what kind of diet each blood type should be having.

Has anyone read the book/tried the diet? If so what did you think?

BTW he also talks about exercise in regards to each blood type as well.

SETANSI
02-21-2006, 11:37 AM
sounds like a load of cr@p. when your hungry eat what tastes good and wash it down with tea.:D

GreenCloudCLF
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
sounds like a load of cr@p. when your hungry eat what tastes good and wash it down with tea.:D

And it's well thought out intelligent replies like this taht make me glad I am a member of Kung-Fu Magazines online forum:D :D

kwaichang
02-21-2006, 02:42 PM
The blood type could loosely be translated as your indigenous origin. The obesity rate is climbing partially due to poor diet, lazyness and due to medical reasons. The origin of your birth / ancestry has alot to do with the types of food one should eat this is due to the type of diet that has been dominant in that area for 1000 of years. Examples are Agrarian , Mediteranian , Hunter gatherers, and fishers. With the introduction of foods that are not indigenous to your ancestry you can bet they are not good for you. The Samoan are a good example in Hawaii they have an enormouse obesity problem due primarily to the fact that they can not readily assymilate the ultra high levels of proteins and fats in their diet to date. Research your ancestry and research the diet of that area and you will find a combination of foods and or Food that will keep you healthy and in good condition KC I have further info if you want it.:)

Chief Fox
02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
I think it's a load of cr@p as well.

Think about it. If the different blood types had different and distinct body types then I would say, yes, it's worth looking into. But they don't so I won't.

Here's a link I found on the subject: http://www.earthsave.org/news/bloodtyp.htm

It looks like the guy makes some claims that he doesn't back up with solid evidence or research.

SETANSI
02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
"BTW he also talks about exercise in regards to each blood type as well."

i make my A+ red blood cells run laps through the circulatory system 24 - 7 .
the little *******s are in great shape.

this forum has so much cr@p to wade thru ; why not get your feet wet here.

nutrition based on blood type, was'nt that a chapter in mein kamf?

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-24-2006, 07:27 PM
eat a **** load of fruits and vegetables. go to a fruit store ... not krogers not walmart .. once a week. buy a sh it load of stuff you'll eat and try new things. do not let that sh it spoil. im serious ... if that sh it goes bad im coming to your house with a knife for your no no places.

this is a start to a very good diet.

now go eat a fu cking apple.

Becca
03-05-2006, 11:40 PM
I have both books "Eat 4 your blood type" and "Live 4 your blood type" and I do follow the suggestion seriously. Since I'm not a meat eater, I have no problem to follow it with my blood type A. Most of my friends think that I look 10 years younger than my age. I believe it has to do with my diet.
I have only read "Eat 4 Your Blood Type", but I have had alot of success with it, as well. It sounds kinda hokey, I know, but it does seem to work pretty well once i started restricting the types of carbs I ate. I also noticed that my body does respond better to fish and soy protein. (I'm also a type A+)