PDA

View Full Version : BSL Lin Wan kuen

Shaolindynasty
02-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Is there anyplace on the net I can find a good amount of info on the BSL lin wan kuen form? Or any other northern Lin Wan Kuen

Also does anybody know what lin wan kuen translates to in Mandarin?

GeneChing
02-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Here are the lyrics (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13166). Lien Wan is a very common term in CMa. Literally, it means 'linked rings' but it's usually translated as continuous or continuation - it's continous like rings linked in a chain. It often refers to a linked series of techniques. This is also one of the origins of the term 'chain punching'.

David Jamieson
02-21-2006, 02:44 PM
lin wan kuen = continuous and returning fist.

the other lin wan kuen ive seen is in leo fongs book sil lum kungfu.

it's not the same as bsl's by a long shot.

you can find the lyrics for the set here. You can buy a tape of the set from wle.com
i don't know of any books that have it.

there are posters here who know the set, maybe they can be persuaded into posting a vid of the set demonstrating it or part of it or something.

In my small experience with bsl i see it as progressive in its pattern of learning. each set builds on the last, increases in difficulty and repeates more difficult moves while adding in one or two new things with each set as you learn them.

CLFNole
02-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I think his question was how do you say it in mandarin. Lien Wan Kuen is cantonse.

Peace.

GeneChing
02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
I think it's Lan Huan Quan in pinyin. I'm not 100% sure about Lan, but Huan is the same as ring or hoop.

lianweizhi
02-22-2006, 11:10 AM
First post! Woohoo!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Chinese characters for Lin Wan Kuen are 连环拳, so the pinyin romanization should be Lian Huan Quan.