PDA

View Full Version : Whos Name Is This???????????????????????

jethro
02-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Alright, my biggest problem with Kung fu movies is the fact that guys like Silver Fox, or as my secret rivals version has-Silvery Fox, IMDB has something like 30 different names for him, this could be why some of the movies that I have seen him in aren't even listed on IMDB. Now you would think that there is some company, or at least a single person out there devoted to finding out these martial artist's fimlographies.

Case and point1---Chen Shan is listed on KF cinema as being in movies until 1993, yet IMDB has his death in 1984. And that's another thing, we all know what happened in the death of Fu Sheng and Bruce, but what happened to CHEN SHAN!!!!!!!!! This would be very valuable info, especially since this is my fav star.

Case2---Kam Kong, who put on what I believe to be the best acting job that I have ever seen in a kung fu movie, is listed on IMDB as only being in like 4 movies.
I believe that Elvis Tsui(hong kongs michael caine), is Kam Kong. One of his AKA's is King Kong-hmmmmm. This is pretty suspiscious since Elvis Tsiu started his career around 77(IMDB fact, not mine), and IMDB lists Kam Kong as having stopped making movies in like 76.

This is a bunch of mother $@**@!% &%@!$, maybe in Hong Kong people can name the 264 #&!*%#&% movies that Elvis Tsiu has been in

mickey
02-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Yeah Duh!!

Silver Fox aka: Wong Cheng Li, Huang Cheng Li, Wang Jeng Li.

Kam Kong aka: King Kong, Chin Kang, Jin Gong, Kim Kong. This guy, like Jimmy Wong Yu, was an Olympic athlete.

Rick Myers had a book called the Encyclopedia of Martial Arts Movies. It is a decent resource.

mickey

jethro
02-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah Duh!!

Kam Kong aka: King Kong, Chin Kang, Jin Gong, Kim Kong. This guy, like Jimmy Wong Yu, was an Olympic athlete.

Rick Myers had a book called the Encyclopedia of Martial Arts Movies. It is a decent resource.

mickey

Hey Mick, you make a great point here beacause I have always reffered to silver fox as hwang jang lee or jwang hang lee because thats what it says on like fifteen of my dvd cases, but I don't even see that listed as something that you call him. Info on chen shan ang Kam Kong(master of the flying guillitinejkhb) would also be nice if anybody has it.

mickey
02-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi Jethro,

One of the reasons I asked about Chen Shen in the other thread is because it is so close to Chen Sing, an actor who played monks (Thou Shall Not Kill, Furious Monk) and bad guys (Kung Fu Emperor) in movies. He may have passed on. I am not certain.

I have only heard that Chang Shan (Chen Shen) knows Tae Kwon Do. He does take choreography incredibly well; yet, still needs a double on acrobatics. He was pretty streamlined for Shaolin vs Lama and Shaolin Temple Strikes Back. Before that he was a little heavier. He was hard to recognize in Seven Steps of Kung Fu.

mickey

jethro
02-23-2006, 10:42 PM
I brought up silver fox's name list, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen, again, how are people supposed to find their favorite MA stars when they have more than 20!!!!! different names.

wang chang-li, silver fox, cheng-li huang, jing lee huang, jason hwang , jeong-ri hwang , wong cheng il , hwang jeong-ri , wang jia le, huang jang lee, wong cheng lee, wang cheng li, wong chung li, wong zheng lieh, chang-li wang, chin li wang, ching lee wang, ching li-wang, jang-li wang, cheng li wong, cheung-li wong, tsing lee wong

also I excluded all of the names that were doubles due to capitilization.

jethro
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah Duh!!

mickey

Mickey,
what's up man, I just wanted to tell you that I was reading threw these threads again(because this is somehow one of the only sites I get at my work) and I saw that you posted that Kam Kang was an olympic athlete. This is certainly new to me. Some additional info--on the master of the flying thing interview with wang yu, he said that he hired kam kang for this part because he was very skilled in taekwondo.

Also-is there anyway to confirm that Kam kANG is Elvis Tsui, I know he is, but would appreciate the confirmation so that I can permanently have this fact in my head.:rolleyes:

mickey
03-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Hello jethro,

Try getting your hands on the book titled The Encyclopedia of Martial Arts Movies. It lists actors and their aliases as well. I had one but let it get away from me.

mickey

jethro
03-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello jethro,

Try getting your hands on the book titled The Encyclopedia of Martial Arts Movies. It lists actors and their aliases as well. I had one but let it get away from me.

mickey

How much does it cost, I would expect it to be pretty pricey, but with the literally hundreds of movies that I have, I would pay up to like $30.:o

mickey
03-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi jethro,

When I got it, it cost @ $75.00. I think it is out of print. You may be able to find it used somewhere.

mickey