PDA

View Full Version : Are old and not up on today's trends the same thing?

GreenCloudCLF
02-22-2006, 07:52 AM
What I like most about this forum is the ability to post any little thing on your mind, and let people who don;t even know you comment about it. I turned 26 in September, and my question is, when are you considered old?

There are a lot of things on this forum I have seen recently that I have not understood, or just think is silly and stupid. Such as:

1) ytmnd
2) own3d
3) the use of the word "teh"

Now is my non-use of these things indicitive of aging? Is the use of terminology in this way a cohort thing? Are words like own3d the new ain't?

I just don't get it....

Green Cloud
02-22-2006, 08:16 AM
youre old when you start taking jeratol every day.

SPJ
02-22-2006, 09:01 AM
I think the old way would be saying down or out.

If you are owned by someone, you may always ask for rematch and deown your self and own the other.

In the ring, you may be down and yet not out.

In the old time, you challenge someone, even thou you may win at the time. the opponent may always ask for another fight till one day he or she concede.

Sometimes, 10 years later, 25 years later. if you are old and sick, you may train a student and let the student fight the match and the challenge goes on.

In short, you are not out, till you like to be out.

so ownership is only a temporary status. However, you lost credit everytime you lost the fight.

---

:D

MasterKiller
02-22-2006, 09:45 AM
GreenCloud pwnd himself. j00 n00b!

GreenCloudCLF
02-22-2006, 09:53 AM
GreenCloud pwnd himself. j00 n00b!

Umm...if that's an insult I don't get it....I must be getting old (or at least more mature than some <COUGHMASTERKILLERCOUGH>...

Chief Fox
02-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Omg Stfun Wtf Ur Pwnd. Roflmao! :d

MasterKiller
02-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Umm...if that's an insult I don't get it....I must be getting old (or at least more mature than some <COUGHMASTERKILLERCOUGH>...

ah0mosezwha?

GreenCloudCLF
02-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Omg Stfun Wtf Ur Pwnd. Roflmao! :d

wtf I like...my best friend and I have been saying that since the fastest modem you can get was 2400 baud....yeah a long time...wonder if WE started it???

Probably just a collective unconcious thing...

Chief Fox
02-22-2006, 11:33 AM
wtf I like...my best friend and I have been saying that since the fastest modem you can get was 2400 baud....yeah a long time...wonder if WE started it???

Probably just a collective unconcious thing...
You're as old as you feel. Keeping up with trends doesn't mean anything. I'll be 38 this year. I still feel like the smart @ss little punk that I always was. :D

MasterKiller
02-22-2006, 11:55 AM
You're as old as you feel. Keeping up with trends doesn't mean anything. I'll be 38 this year. I still feel like the smart @ss little punk that I always was. :D

j00 = Pld.

Chief Fox
02-22-2006, 02:58 PM
j00 = Pld.
aar IM still aak afaik

SPJ
02-23-2006, 07:36 AM
due to the aging of the population or more old people than young.

by 2050, the governments in the west may require people to work till 85 instead of 65.

imagine, you have to drive to work at 70 or 80.

there will be more people collecting retirement benefits than young people working and contributing to the social security and medic care funds.

--

:eek:

yenhoi
02-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Its extra funny, because these things and others:

1) ytmnd
2) own3d

are almost as lod as you!

LOL

there will be more people collecting retirement benefits than young people working and contributing to the social security and medic care funds.

**** commies :rolleyes:

:eek:

TenTigers
02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
why do we allow the rotation of the earth on its axis and around the sun to determine how we age? If we lived on another planet-we would still age the same. I refuse to look at chronological age as a measuring tool. You are exactly as old or as young as you feel.
Years ago-I was about thirty, and my girlfriend an I used to go over our friends' house every Friday. The routine was the same. Dinner=ziti or some sh1t, with lots of white wine, and followed by Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, a video or some sh1t like that. Not that it wasn't enjoyable, and they were good friends, but it was the same routine.
Well, one Friday night, I pushed my chair back, looked at the group and thought to myself,"Is this what I've become?" I used to go clubbing, go to bars, see rock bands, etc, and now, here I am, playing pictionary. My girlfriend at the time was of the belief that once you turned thirty, you leave all that behind. She was also too old to have sex in the backseat of the car, or anyplace spontaneous. In her mind, we were to become Ma an Pa Kettle, sitting on the porch, holding hands, sipping lemonade(spiked with Geritol)
ok, so I dumped her, moved on, and now, I go to clubs, see bands, heck, I've even gotten my old garage band back together and we will be working on an album! Traded in Pictionary for a Harley, a Les Paul and a stack of Marshalls.
(ok, already had the Harley-but you get the idea)
And NO, I'm NOT that guy with the bad hairpiece or combover, with his shirt open showing a huge gold chai nestled in white chest hair, sitting at the bar at TGIFriday's, tryin to pick up the babes. (that's what adultfriendfinder is for)
When do you get old? When you decide to die. I go to the park and I see guys in their 60's, 70's even 90's with more vibrance and energy than many kids in their 30's. These guys may have lines on their faces, and grey or even white hair, but their eyes shine and sparkle, as if there is a young man looking out from behind the mask of an old man.
One of my students came back from his HS reunion-35th. He said, "Sifu, most of those guys couldn't even get up the stairs let alone take a class here!"
He also told me that he has friends his age, who stopped wearing jeans. I don't get it. There is an age where you are supposed to throw out the jeans and buy what, polyester plaid slacks? Ok, so I don't wear my red python boots anymore (thank God) but does that mean I automatically know which socks go with which sandals? My Dad used to wear bermuda shorts with ankle high brown banlon socks and hushpuppies. Me? I still wear jeans, sneakers, and btw, I just bought a cool set of python boots-black, not red.
ANytime any of you guys are feeling old-go to Bodyforlife.com and check out the guys in the over 40 catagories. Then get off your arses, grab a myoplex, and hit the gym.
Oh, and I still listen to hard rock-I probably have the only Mo-Kwoon where they work out to Children of Bodom.

TenTigers
02-23-2006, 09:28 AM
btw- I write teh because,
1-I can't type fer sh1t
2-I'm dyslexic

Dyslexics
of the world
UNTIE!

IronFist
02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
What I like most about this forum is the ability to post any little thing on your mind, and let people who don;t even know you comment about it. I turned 26 in September, and my question is, when are you considered old?

There are a lot of things on this forum I have seen recently that I have not understood, or just think is silly and stupid. Such as:

1) ytmnd
2) own3d

Now is my non-use of these things indicitive of aging? Is the use of terminology in this way a cohort thing? Are words like own3d the new ain't?

I just don't get it....

Look all three of those up on www.urbandictionary.com and your questions will be answered.

Or ask me cuz i'm teh n3rd!

greendragon
02-23-2006, 11:49 PM
I done got old
Like an ancient master
Bring it to me
and I'll put you in plaster
I get more power every decade
Me & Kid Rock drinkin' the same brand lemonade
I'm 54 and I'll tell you more
You don't wanna take me to the floor
I might look old
But I'll serve it to you cold
I don't play sports
And if you touch me you'll get warts

TenTigers
02-24-2006, 12:34 AM
"i DON'T PLAY SPORTS, AND IF YOU TOUCH ME, YOU'LL GET WARTS"
now THAT is a Nursery Cryme.:rolleyes:

SPJ
02-24-2006, 08:14 AM
we are physically mature at 20.

we establish ourself at 30.

we do not confuse at 40.

---

life begins at 70.

---

by Kong Fu Zi or confuscius.

I am in the non confusing period or years.

Chief Fox
02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
we are physically mature at 20.

we establish ourself at 30.

we do not confuse at 40.

---

life begins at 70.

---

by Kong Fu Zi or confuscius.

I am in the non confusing period or years.

Or you could say;

We have sex with a lot of girls at 20

We say WTF I'm not 20 anymore at 30

We buy a sports car at 40

---

We wear diapers at 70

---

I'm almost ready to go sportscar shopping! :D