PDA

View Full Version : bung bo vid

shirkers1
02-22-2006, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/?v=vA2M8b2B-ls

Okay so I've had this vid I put up a while back, and yes I know it was crap. Like the description says.. fatigue was an issue etc. But oh well, check out the comments and what this chang cat said. What moves are missing that you can see from this form?

Kind of funny, my fans are starting to come back out of the woodwork. It's too bad he hasn't responded to my last comment though. Guess I was right about him... coward.

changhfy I know you're out there.. Why not chime in? :cool:

by the way I don't know why but some of the words on the comments are cut off, so I don't know why that's happening so some of the comments might not make sense if you read my responses to what he says.

Emeraldphoenix
02-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Get him!!

Mark, When he puts up his video, I am sure we will all be enlighted.

I have seen alot of versions of Bung Bo. Even in the same " lineages "
He appears to be one of those guys that his way is the only way. I am with you. I want to see his. If he cant perform it, atleast show us someone in his group doing it.

He talks the talk BUT does he walk the walk?

Chief Fox
02-22-2006, 10:10 AM
thanks for the vid. It's interesting to see the differences in pace and applied power.

I posted my school's version of Bung Bo a while back. Looking at it now I'm kind of embarassed. I put the form on video just for reference. So I did the moves at a slow pace. Your form has more of a true mantis flavor.

Here's the link to mine: http://www.mccarriedesign.com/bungbo.mov

Feel free to rip me a new one. Everyone else already has. :D

shirkers1
02-22-2006, 10:17 AM
thanks for the vid. It's interesting to see the differences in pace and applied power.

I posted my school's version of Bung Bo a while back. Looking at it now I'm kind of embarassed. I put the form on video just for reference. So I did the moves at a slow pace. Your form has more of a true mantis flavor.

Here's the link to mine: http://www.mccarriedesign.com/bungbo.mov

Feel free to rip me a new one. Everyone else already has. :D

I probably already checked your vid out CF but It's not opening up for me here at work, so I'll have to wait till I get home to comment on it. :) Either way who cares really what you look like, especially if it's for referance to improve yourself. As long as you're getting something out of it.

Those vids I put up I ran through the forms, it was after midnight and we had literally been training all day so I was way fatigued. Poor performance on my part and I know it, but what gets me is the guy is saying moves are missing??? :rolleyes:

still no word yet.. guess yellow must be his favorite color... "changhfyyyyyy hellooooo where areeeee youuuuu"?

Three Harmonies
02-22-2006, 12:15 PM
No need for anyone to be embarassed (look at the USA mens hockey team for embarassment :o ). The fact that you (or anyone) posts vids is pretty ballsy if you ask me. Nice stuff.
Cheers
Jake :D

shirkers1
02-22-2006, 12:23 PM
No need for anyone to be embarassed (look at the USA mens hockey team for embarassment :o ). The fact that you (or anyone) posts vids is pretty ballsy if you ask me. Nice stuff.
Cheers

Oh you had to bring the us hockey team into it now didn't you....>!!!!!! :mad:

just kidding... I'm not going there, I get to angry when I watch that garbage. :D

Thanks jake.. just saw the updated vids you guys put up on hu lins site. Good stuff..

bungbukuen
02-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Arent you the guy who said you didnt like Brendon Lai's flavour. Interesting clips and interesting excuses. Some simple advice to a young practitioner like yourself....spend less time on your film making endevours and more time on your training. :)

Three Harmonies
02-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Number 1-Who are you?
Number 2- To whom are you speaking?
Number 3- What excuses?

Jake

shirkers1
02-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Number 1-Who are you?
Number 2- To whom are you speaking?
Number 3- What excuses?

Jake

Jake an educated guess from this "young" practitioner would be he was talking to me. Almost all of those videos my friend were filmed to give an example for some question on this board or the quarterly board. So my "participation" in the community is what those vids are about. If you would like to add to the discussion then please tell me what "is" or "isn't" missing from that video tactic wise like the original question stated. NOT performance wise.

thanks.

are you changhfy by the way?

shirkers1
02-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Arent you the guy who said you didnt like Brendon Lai's flavour.

Yes I was one person who said that about lai's flavor. Also saying that I'd only seen one video of him when he was younger and I liked that more than the vids of him when he was older.. Also that I said nothing about his "skill" or "prowess" as a fighter. Just his flavor, the way he looked when he performed. My teachers flavor and lai's flavor are two different entities. I prefer my teachers flavor to his. It suits my body and mindset more, I don't see a problem with personal taste. What does that have to do with moves "supposedly" missing from my set?

Interesting clips and interesting excuses.

Thanks.. :rolleyes:

Spend less time on your film making endevours and more time on your training.

Like I said those vids were for referance to questions on the message boards. Don't worry about my training and what I do. Seems to me like you spend way to much time judging others instead of working on your own skills chief.... ;)

-N-
02-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Number 1-Who are you?
!

Bungbukuen,

Uh... do I know you???

N.

Three Harmonies
02-23-2006, 02:34 PM
What...... now he can't offer anything?

Proposal to moderator: Can't you require folks to use their name on posts? Seems to be a trend (perhaps a coinsidence) with trolls that they refuse to use their names.
Just a thought.

Jake

yu shan
02-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Something that irritates me are the ones that leave off their bios about themselves. Seems to be a lot of secrecy out there. Hush hush, cant let anyone know who I am! :rolleyes:

Thanks for putting up the vids Mark.

shirkers1
02-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Something that irritates me are the ones that leave off their bios about themselves. Seems to be a lot of secrecy out there. Hush hush, cant let anyone know who I am! :rolleyes:

Thanks for putting up the vids Mark.

No problem yushan.. that bugs me too.

The thing is I know that there are people out there that don't like me for one reason or another and I really don't care what they think about me. 95% of them have never met me in person, and if they did their perceptions would be different. Either way, trolling is one of the reasons I went away for a while. Didn't have the time to respond to all of these retards coming out of the woodwork giving their glorious insight to what others should or shouldn't be doing....

To be honest, I don't know if I want to know the names of some of these guys. Because then I'd just be forced to make sure I ended up being in the same place as them at one point in time. :D Then all the back peddling starts, and that's just as sickening as the trolling itself. If you have the bowling balls to talk online then you better back them up when someone calls you on it face to face. :cool: I know that person is reading this too, it's okay big guy your mom still loves you.

I've only backed down once from one of these online related challenges and that was because it had to do with the guy pretending to come to my house to "work out" when I knew he just wanted a confrontation. Being that I work out at my house I declined his offer to let him come to my home with how ever many friends he wanted to bring and "work out", with the possibility that he might damage my property or whatever. But I made the same offer to him over the phone a month later when I was in california to come to his house and "work out" but he wasn't down for that either so we both *****ed out on our own turffs so to speak. I think we were both smart to do so. ;)

BeiTangLang
02-23-2006, 09:35 PM
It does s#ck that we do not know who everyone is, but thats life in this fast lane. Trust me; I don't like it anymore than you all do.

Getting back to the topic at hand, thanks again for sharing the vid!

Best wishes to all,
~BTL

MantisCool
02-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi! Shirker1

I looked through your Beng Bu and found nothing missing if it is from the WHF's lineage. Although, it has different flavour, it is typical from person to person.

Regards
khoo

monkeyfoot
02-24-2006, 07:03 AM
done around 12 AM after a full day of training so I was a little fatigued.

Obviasly this constitutes not training enough.....Im guessing he chose to miss reading that part eh.....

I checked your vid when you first posed it. Im really liking the flavour/power on the end of the 3rd road.

Whats your lineages take on this app? Our style is much different and involves a upwards blocking movement combined with an upper cut to the navel - hence the name 'navel propping punch'. Yours seems to be shot at the upper/face - are we looking a a simple KWA punch here?

anyways good vid
craig

shirkers1
02-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi! Shirker1

I looked through your Beng Bu and found nothing missing if it is from the WHF's lineage. Although, it has different flavour, it is typical from person to person.

Regards
khoo

Thanks MC yeah WHF line bung bo. I should have mentioned that. :)

Thanks for the input.

shirkers1
02-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Obviasly this constitutes not training enough.....Im guessing he chose to miss reading that part eh.....

I checked your vid when you first posed it. Im really liking the flavour/power on the end of the 3rd road.

Whats your lineages take on this app? Our style is much different and involves a upwards blocking movement combined with an upper cut to the navel - hence the name 'navel propping punch'. Yours seems to be shot at the upper/face - are we looking a a simple KWA punch here?

anyways good vid
craig

GOOD POINT!!! I didn't even think about that. :D I'm not kidding you, that 10 days was training morning till night including the gathering and seminars. I needed a vacation after my vacation!!!! :D

Yes on the aps question. I've seen it done with more of a hook line uppercut like you're saying, but we stream line it with a straight line upper cut instead giving it a kwa type feel for a head shot. I think it's just a flavor thing that we do, not that the navel punch isn't cool in it's self. I like the explosive feel of shooting out of the crouched position into the strike more than the hook line navel punch. You're shooting from underneath the opponent. Dropping down/ducking then shooting up from underneath striking high to the face.

yu shan
02-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Mark, can we say that you are also trying to capture your Shifu`s movement? I think we all try to mimic our teachers movement, although in my case it is very difficult to move like my Shifu, but I will keep trying. ;)

Oso
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
yu shan: LOL, so...you think I could ask John to put on about 100 pounds so I can look more like him? :p ;)

shirkers1
02-24-2006, 01:21 PM
hey mark,
i like the picture of the before and after thing ! man your getting strong !!!!!!:D
-:) -mini mantis

:D Thanks...

-N-
02-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Whats your lineages take on this app? Our style is much different and involves a upwards blocking movement combined with an upper cut to the navel - hence the name 'navel propping punch'.
Our kwa intercepts the attack early, and it connects tangentially without banging, to make it difficult for the attacker to read the countering force. Our right punch is a short inverted straight punch to the belly, not an uppercut. Not much arm extension on the punch since the body force is behind it and the kwa already redirects the attacker upwards and backwards. The punch serves more to create tension in the attacker's body so that his own force throws him, more than to blast into his stomach.

The LKW translation of Ding Chi Chui as "navel propping punch" always sounded weird to me. Maybe that's the difference between British english and 'Merkin English. Ding means that something hard creates an uncomfortable sensation or pressure on something soft, almost in a passive way.

In the Princess and the Pea story, if she was Chinese, she would complain that the pea Ding her. If you didn't chew your food very well and had indigestion, you would say something Ding you inside. A rock in your shoe Ding the bottom of your foot.

Propping or supporting would be Tok, in Chinese. The technique isn't Tok Chi Chui though.

monkeyfoot
02-24-2006, 04:58 PM
yes I was speaking from that lineage

Maybe the ding, as in an uncomfotable feeling, relates to the after effects of the punch - maybe not even immediate. A lot of nerves connect etc around that area, the dantian is also around the lower half. I can imagine that a shot in the right place would give a very uncomfortable feeling.

hmm i dunno my 2c

craig

-N-
02-24-2006, 05:46 PM
First we have delayed death touch, now we have delayed stomach discomfort punch :)

Well, mainly I'm just saying that LKW's translation seems off. We have a definate forward horizontal motion to the right hand and we don't use an uppercut. I wouldn't read a whole lot into a questionable translation, and especially wouldn't turn the movement into an uppercut on that basis.

From time to time there are language oddities that get perpetuated online. "Shinny Board" is one. "Sprouting Leg" is another. That last one drives me bonkers :) Those are like bad subtitles on a kung fu movie. That is the problem with literal word for word translation, and it's compounded by the difference between Bristish English and Merkin English. On top of that, a lot of the terms translated, originally are Chinese kung fu jargon terms that need to be translated as ideas rather than literal words.

Tui means leg, but it is a KF jargon that refers to kicking, sweeping, and tripping methods. Chao means to carry or lift up through application of effort. Chao Tui is a jargon term referring to the sweep that has a vertical scooping lifting component. Somehow, LKW translated Chao Tui to "sprouting leg". Ok, so something that sprouts somehow comes up or out. But for us Merkins, we'd be better off translating the term to something like "lifting sweep".

Probably, some HK Chinese KF teacher that sort of spoke British English told one of his students, "Go translate these for my new book." Then some Chinese high school kid scratched his head and came up with "propping" and "sprouting" and a bunch of other stuff. And then Al Gore invented the internet.

N.

shirkers1
02-28-2006, 07:14 AM
hey shirkers1,
watz up? well any way there are alot of people in our studio doing bung bo . like around 10-15. and i am being shown a little the first line anyways! and i am 13! :p ! in praying mantis ! i work hard to i am their every day! and i enjoy it alot accually i don't enjoy it i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!becuase its something i never really thought of doing and i quit all my school sports to do it !! now thats deication !!!!!!lol

-*-mini mantis

lol :D she's hooked guys..

I did the same thing, it took over my youth as well. Tell your dad I said hey..

yu shan
02-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Congrats to you, I know the feeling. Is Mike Biggie your Teacher? Your on the first road huh, cant speak for everyone else, but it is the more difficult for me. Good luck with your training and continue to have fun. Looks like winter is hanging on up there!:eek:

Emeraldphoenix
02-28-2006, 09:44 AM
You are turning into a real Praying Mantis junkie! Put the white ape down and step away from the Peach.:eek:

Guys, I am sure she could take half of us.

C-ya later L
Kelley

mooyingmantis
02-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Mini-mantis,
Nice to see you here little sis. I am amazed how quickly you are coming along everytime I see you in class!
Richard

Three Harmonies
03-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Say "Hi" to all for me while you are at it! Hope to visit you guys next time I come home. Not sure when that will be though.

Cheers

El Tejon
03-02-2006, 11:47 AM
We just worked the ling for Beng Bo last night.:) I still need practice--go figure.:D

Shrik, I saw only one thing missing from your video. You did not have your shirt off and I saw no indicia of a studded belt.

As an aside, good to hear about MiniMantis. I wish our kwoon had more zealous youngsters.:( Some day soon.:)

shirkers1
03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=El Shrik, I saw only one thing missing from your video. You did not have your shirt off and I saw no indicia of a studded belt.

.:)[/QUOTE]

well that was filmed the night before the gathering so that was last year.. ;) The current champion had the title then, so there was no need for me to even try to step to him/her.

So I guess BBK or changy isn't going to respond huh? oh well

mini mantis
03-17-2006, 01:56 PM
hey shirkers ,
i like the picture ! lol any ways i was reading the first pg and a guy said you were missing somethig ! ''I dont think so!!!'' it was good !

-minimantis:)

tonglongtodei
03-28-2006, 07:30 AM
I didn't see anything missing per se. Of course ours is a little different from yours, but it looked like you have spent some time on it. One thing though is your hostility here and on the site of your video would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth. Why so confronting? You should let your kung fu speak for itself, there is no need to express so much hostility and arrogance. At first it just seems unpleasent, but after a while of it, it begins to turn to bravado.

Your never going to impress everyone, so its a better usage of time to train rather than bolster your own ego. Let them say what they will, its much more becoming and speaks much louder to simply let your kung fu speak for itself. I would suggest that if your really into meeting at peoples houses and fighting, you enter some full contact competitions, might be a better use of your energy, and might just bolster your reputation more, at least with legit practitioners.

Just my own opinions.

shirkers1
03-28-2006, 08:00 AM
I didn't see anything missing per se. Of course ours is a little different from yours, but it looked like you have spent some time on it. One thing though is your hostility here and on the site of your video would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth. Why so confronting? You should let your kung fu speak for itself, there is no need to express so much hostility and arrogance. At first it just seems unpleasent, but after a while of it, it begins to turn to bravado.

Your never going to impress everyone, so its a better usage of time to train rather than bolster your own ego. Let them say what they will, its much more becoming and speaks much louder to simply let your kung fu speak for itself. I would suggest that if your really into meeting at peoples houses and fighting, you enter some full contact competitions, might be a better use of your energy, and might just bolster your reputation more, at least with legit practitioners.

Just my own opinions.

Thanks for the input, I've said this before. I usually write on this forum when I'm at work on the computer when I'm not able to train any way, like now. So it's easy to pass time when you're stuck at a desk by "answering" trolls. Might I say that clearly the person who posted on that vid was trolling. I think we all see that, when I called the person out on it to simply give me an example of what is missing they couldn't respond. Proving that they were trolling and trying to goad me. ;) This isn't the first time I've been "harrassed" by trollers by PM and other methods and I usually let it slide but this one bugged me because the person was saying something then not backing it up at all. So I have no respect for his weak attempt at trying to troll me.

Any one that knows me knows I'm a quiet guy in public and keep to myself. You wouldn't have a reason to talk to me in a foul way because I'm laid back and smart enough to defuse the situation before it gets to ugly, now some people see this as a weakness and try to take advantage of this. They soon learn that I'm not as laid back as they thought or wished. On here you have nothing but your voice to speak for yourself so you talk with an iron tongue so to speak. I could care less really what these trolls think about me, I don't have to deal with them personally face to face. If so they wouldn't troll and I wouldn't have to talk the way I do online.

As for entering comps, I tried to seriously get back into fighting shape last year and my back just won't allow it. Can't put in the road work any more and that over the edge training just doesn't suit my back well any more. I can keep up conditioning and stuff like that but if I push it I pay for it big time. So I do my thing the best I can. Competing isn't in the cards right now, I do my two man stuff and basics to stay sharp and ready in case I have to throw down and that's good enough for me. Sorry to ramble.

tonglongtodei
03-28-2006, 12:13 PM
No its cool, I completely understand. I just wanted to add a few suggestions. As far as your bung bo goes, its looked good, I could tell you were fatigued, but you have deffinitely been spending time on it. Good job and cudos to you for even posting it for people to see.

May I ask your lineage? Its interesting to see the different ways that one form is done.

shirkers1
03-28-2006, 02:51 PM
No its cool, I completely understand. I just wanted to add a few suggestions. As far as your bung bo goes, its looked good, I could tell you were fatigued, but you have deffinitely been spending time on it. Good job and cudos to you for even posting it for people to see.

May I ask your lineage? Its interesting to see the different ways that one form is done.

WHF lineage.. hong kong mantis.

Emeraldphoenix
03-28-2006, 07:22 PM
hey is this shirkers or tear jerkers?:D

shirkers1
03-29-2006, 07:55 AM
hey is this shirkers or tear jerkers?:D

"wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhh, I'm just a poor baby ***** baller" "waaaaahhhhh" :D

I'm the biggest baby in the world you know that, but not every one knows that. So I have to play the violine now and then to make sure every one is on the same page. ;) By the way kelley, I found that pic you were talking about. You know the one from our last get together where I was giving you the anual spanking... I must say that your chi is strong and the way you dispursed the impact through out the area was impressive. :p

"warning: pic has partial plumbers crack and a violent display of action reaction at work".

tonglongtodei
03-29-2006, 08:09 AM
WHF lineage.. hong kong mantis.
Yeah, I got that from the thread and vid, I meant more specifically your teacher and such.

shirkers1
03-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I got that from the thread and vid, I meant more specifically your teacher and such.

You could ask him yourself if you like, just email him. I know he looks in on here often but never chimes in.

Mike is kind of a "******* child" so to speak, he picked up stuff and trained with a few different WHF students so we just say WHF lineage. He puts his own play on it I guess, it's not lai, cheng, wing, etc. But it's WHF for sure. He has a good choy background and his mantis is strong as well. That's all that really matters to me, I'm not one of these purist types. If your stuff is good and makes sense then I'm down with it.

Emeraldphoenix
03-29-2006, 09:34 AM
By the way my tail bone is still sore from that one:eek:

mini mantis
04-26-2006, 12:11 PM
well k i hope you get better:) and shirkers i dont think you were missing any thing and i know you probly spend time working on everything

-mini

yāo xià qiáo
04-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't want to get any more angry rantings started here, but I think that CHANGFY has a point.

I didn't notice anything missing, but I see that you have added many movements not included in WHF Bung Bo. First of all, I noticed that in the 2nd road you added in a Jue Bi movement. And throughout, but especially at the beginning of the third road, there was a lot of Mo Diao. Way too much Mo Diao in my opinion. Throughout both your form and all your posts I observed too much Gang Chui Tan. You would be better served to practice less Da Gāo Kōng.

However, I am sure that you if continue to practice practice practice your work, then you will eventually begin to progress beyond the Xiao Qì level of development.

Yao Xia Qiao

shirkers1
04-28-2006, 10:50 AM
interesting... so individual style and interpretation of the sets are something that is unique to our families sets? right..... By the way I have no clue what the hell you were talking about blah blah this and too much of that. Being the novice that I am I learned using english terms so unless it's basic terms I have no clue what you're talking about.

on a side note I wish I had time to make up 8 different names on this board so I could go around and tell people what I really think about them under a hidden name so I would never face any real "threat" of being thumped by the people I poke with my insult stick. Oh wait I do actually state my opinion with my "REAL" name, nice try though. Everyone knows who I am and what I look like so to some that actually means something. :cool:

shirkers1
04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd also like to add that if you would just simply put up the vid of yourself performing the set then I'd have a comparrrrrison of what it should look like. I understand that you might be afraid to actually let others know who you are, and that's understandable. I mean it takes real courage to put up instead of shutting up. :cool:

mantid1
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Shirkers

You are right, it does take guts to post a vid. You know that no matter how good it will be critisized.

You may have your own personal flair in there but what are the chances of you gettting attacked in the exact same sequence from the exact same angle as the form? Since this probably will not happen your own personal take on the form may be a good thing;)

Im like you. I dont know all of the fancy Chinese names for every technique. My American aint no good neither. I have to say a backfist to the face will work the same if you cant read or speak Chinese. But if you can it is impressive.

Have a nice day

shirkers1
04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Shirkers

You are right, it does take guts to post a vid. You know that no matter how good it will be critisized.

You may have your own personal flair in there but what are the chances of you gettting attacked in the exact same sequence from the exact same angle as the form? Since this probably will not happen your own personal take on the form may be a good thing;)

Im like you. I dont know all of the fancy Chinese names for every technique. My American aint no good neither. I have to say a backfist to the face will work the same if you cant read or speak Chinese. But if you can it is impressive.

Have a nice day

lol, thanks. :D

bung choi = backfist are you impressed.. :D just kidding, yeah I hear ya. I think we all know this cat is blowing smoke out of his ass and he'll never actually make himself known face to face so I guess we just have to take it for what it's worth.

K.Brazier
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
But mr yāo xià qiáo's Chinese is unintelligble to me.
Unless he can put up the characters I am going to goout on a limb and say that he strung together phonetic equivalents of Chinese words of unknown meaning and put them in his post.
I won't speculate upon his reasons.

shirkers1
05-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Well I know my stuff isn't on par with the greats, maybe I should wear sunglasses like this cat? Then my performance will be more acceptable to the mantis community at large.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4696568237703202794&q=praying+mantis

onyomi
05-22-2006, 06:19 AM
A beng chui is not really a backfist, it's more of a downward press. Cuo chui looks similar but is an actual strike. I just thought I should chime in with that distinction.

That guy's full of it. He's just making those words up. I'd say your form looks good, Shirkers...it just needs a little more hu flung dung in the second line. :rolleyes:

ChangHFY
05-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Shirkers, whats going on? Hows training? It seems I made a huge impact on you!!
However I didnt think you would still be talking about it. As i said in my email, which you never mentioned.
I approached the form as a critic (as i would expect you to do towards mine, in fact i welcome criticism unlike yourself) so, once again I apologize for the way I talked about your form. I should have displayed proper Mo deuk, which i did not.
However my opinion still stands, which in the end is only my opinion. (which should be as all opinions taken with a grain of salt) The only reason i made the comment, was to give you a different insight. Which obviously you have not taken.
So forget I ever mentioned anything. But I do welcome your opinion anytime.
good luck with training. Except my apology or not, it really doesnt matter. Ive gone on to train, and hope your training's going great. anyways take care.

xie xie,
zai jian

ChangHFY
05-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Shirkers,

Hows everything?
This will be my last post to this topic. One of the people had posted on this thread. and stated that I was looking at my expression of Beng Bu as being the only one correct. Anyways I cant agree with that person more. I was looking at things as only being one dimensional. Instead of all dimensions, i was only seeing what I wanted to see. Since I had this thought, if I would have kept it my training would have suffered. But I do agree that there are various expressions of many different forms. And theres nothing wrong with that . But at the time, I thought there could only be one expression. So thanks for stating what you did. It helps to think of things in various dimensions as opposed to im right and your wrong type of thinking. But anyways, to Mark. You stated I have alot of time to change s/n etc.... and post about yourself. No disrespect, but dont flatter yourself. I have only one s/n. And if I cant state what I wish with this one. Then whats the point in having however many other s/n's that you stated. As far as im aware theres only one s/n. So I would appreciate you to take what you said back, just as I have done with your Beng Bu form. Anyways I hope the views of a novice, didnt hold your training up. Anyways best wishes.

take care,
zai jian

monkeyfoot
05-27-2006, 02:44 PM
hell its all good, i give you tons of credit shirkers!

I have a video of myself performing bung bo, but im too much of a ***** to post it up.....

but then I have only been training for 1.5 years so there ya go.....

maybe one day

craig

mooyingmantis
06-02-2006, 01:52 PM
MiniMantis,
Hi little sis!
Before reading Mark's posts you have to remind yourself that the guy is a bit ornery. :)
BTW, he is also our senior under Biggie Laoshi. So, be cool or he might make us do weird exercises and look at his perverted internet photos the next time he comes back to Akron. :eek:
Peace!

shirkers1
06-02-2006, 03:33 PM
MiniMantis,
Hi little sis!
Before reading Mark's posts you have to remind yourself that the guy is a bit ornery. :)
BTW, he is also our senior under Biggie Laoshi. So, be cool or he might make us do weird exercises and look at his perverted internet photos the next time he comes back to Akron. :eek:
Peace!

Sorry folks I've been fighting off a rabid strain of what some might call the bird flu or black plague. But my wits are slowly returning. LoL it's all in the name of art. :D

:) Yeah I'm an ornery ol cuss, I just don't take kindly to trolls who hide behind names on the internet, then try to play it off like we don't know who they are. I find it amusing that as soon as a "certain school" in china gets named in another thread and I purposely say "tell pel I said hello and that I miss him" that changfy, redfish, and the others come out of the woodwork again. Looks like my little smoke out drill worked.

shirkers1
06-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Shirkers, whats going on? Hows training? It seems I made a huge impact on you!!
However I didnt think you would still be talking about it. As i said in my email, which you never mentioned.
I approached the form as a critic (as i would expect you to do towards mine, in fact i welcome criticism unlike yourself) so, once again I apologize for the way I talked about your form. I should have displayed proper Mo deuk, which i did not.
However my opinion still stands, which in the end is only my opinion. (which should be as all opinions taken with a grain of salt) The only reason i made the comment, was to give you a different insight. Which obviously you have not taken.
So forget I ever mentioned anything. But I do welcome your opinion anytime.
good luck with training. Except my apology or not, it really doesnt matter. Ive gone on to train, and hope your training's going great. anyways take care.

xie xie,
zai jian

I would love to give you my opinion on "your" form. Just do the right thing and put one up of yourself so I can kindly give you my opinion. Like I said I would love to be shown the right way, if only you could show me the light my good friend.

shirkers1
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Shirkers,

Hows everything?
This will be my last post to this topic. One of the people had posted on this thread. and stated that I was looking at my expression of Beng Bu as being the only one correct. Anyways I cant agree with that person more. I was looking at things as only being one dimensional. Instead of all dimensions, i was only seeing what I wanted to see. Since I had this thought, if I would have kept it my training would have suffered. But I do agree that there are various expressions of many different forms. And theres nothing wrong with that . But at the time, I thought there could only be one expression. So thanks for stating what you did. It helps to think of things in various dimensions as opposed to im right and your wrong type of thinking. But anyways, to Mark. You stated I have alot of time to change s/n etc.... and post about yourself. No disrespect, but dont flatter yourself. I have only one s/n. And if I cant state what I wish with this one. Then whats the point in having however many other s/n's that you stated. As far as im aware theres only one s/n. So I would appreciate you to take what you said back, just as I have done with your Beng Bu form. Anyways I hope the views of a novice, didnt hold your training up. Anyways best wishes.

take care,
zai jian

I take nothing back for I am ornery. :cool: troll on trolly trollerton.

tonglongtodei
06-05-2006, 07:46 AM
yes i see you have youre own opions and i do to but i can understand the difference and i get ours might be different. and i am not arrogant i was just saying that i dont think there was anything missing.-mini mantis

Mini mantis, I am sorry I wasn't speaking to you per se, sorry if I offended. I didn't mean to imply that "different" = "wrong". I didn't see anything missing either, I'm not sure I understand your reply completely. Oh well.

train hard

Redfish
01-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I find it amusing that as soon as a "certain school" in china gets named in another thread and I purposely say "tell pel I said hello and that I miss him" that changfy, redfish, and the others come out of the woodwork again. Looks like my little smoke out drill worked.

I saw this thread cos mini-mantis brought it to the top again and read back a bit to the above quote.

I must say that I've no idea who ChangHFY is. ChangHFY, do we know each other? Hope I'm not being rude. I'm Andy.

shirkers1
01-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I saw this thread cos mini-mantis brought it to the top again and read back a bit to the above quote.

I must say that I've no idea who ChangHFY is. ChangHFY, do we know each other? Hope I'm not being rude. I'm Andy.

Hi Andy my name is Richard. I would like to introduce you to my imaginary friend Peanuckle, he is a master at dance dance revolution and would have been given the grand master title last year in the canadian finals but he blew a shoe lace performing the triple 6 knee dip on level 19.

Redfish
01-30-2007, 05:17 PM
You don't believe my name is Andy? Well that's OK. No worries.

shirkers1
01-31-2007, 07:07 AM
You don't believe my name is Andy? Well that's OK. No worries.

You don't believe my imaginary friend is a master at dance dance revolution?!?!? If I had a glove I'd smack you in the face with it for you have disgraced my honor. Instead I'll let peanuckle have his way with you, he's well known for pulling the cards of multi personalitied fools online. You should tremble in fear.

P.S. Please don't threaten to sue me or my imaginary friend peanuckle for imaginary card pulling.

chi chi chi kah kah kah... peanuckle is coming...

yu shan
01-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Shirkers- please step away from the peyote bud, put it down and seek help! ;)

shirkers1
01-31-2007, 08:11 AM
Shirkers- please step away from the peyote bud, put it down and seek help! ;)

lol these cats think I'm sain for some reason!! keep poking the rabid sloth and see what happens. I wish I had time to make up 15 different names online and play games like this. Thank the flying sketi monster that I have a job that allows me to surf the net all day, other wise I wouldn't have the time to respond with my unique sarcasm.

I am entertained by the comments on every one of my threads that seem to plague my online existance. In a way I'm being stalked and I think someone might secretly be in love with me or something. I'm flattered that I am being adored by individuals worldwide!! :D

Since it's impossible to have a convo in this forum that isn't "full of mantis specific talk" I'll add this so the thread doesn't get deleted.

Redfish, have you ever used move 4 in line 2 of this set in a street situation? If so how did you set it up and what was the out come? mantis bung bo kung fu bung choi (I think I met my mantis specific talk quota so this post is legit now)

BeiTangLang
01-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Please cut out the personal attacks....everyone.

Plenty of mantis topics to hit on....it's a big system! :P

Thanks,
~BTL

Redfish
01-31-2007, 09:32 PM
BTL, where are the personal attacks in my last two posts here?

shirkers1
02-01-2007, 07:04 AM

Maybe it was my imaginary slap with the glove for you not believing that my imaginary friend is a master at dance dance revolution?

p.s.

Line one of the praying mantis bung bo empty hand set is full of strikes, throws, and arm bars. The praying mantis system has tactics known as Bung choi, peck choi, ma bu stance, diau sou. (mantis specific talk quoto filled)

BeiTangLang
02-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Guilt complex or something?? Wasn't pointing fingers just at you.

Shirkers,...LOL! Thanks for meeting quota!:D

Redfish
02-01-2007, 08:04 PM
BTL

I'll try again for you.

You said "...everyone". That implies that I made personal attacks in these recent posts here.

I didn't.

And your problem is?

Shaolinlueb
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
this is a beginer form right? are teh stances suppossed to be that high? the stances remind me of bak mei or southern mantis for some reason. i never understood bung bo. obviously!!!

shirkers1
02-02-2007, 06:47 AM
this is a beginer form right? are teh stances suppossed to be that high? the stances remind me of bak mei or southern mantis for some reason. i never understood bung bo. obviously!!!

depends on your school and lineage. The stance height is a whole nother' animal, some feel stances should be low for training, others feel it should be high because that is where you'll be in combat any way.

What is it that you don't understand? Maybe redfish can help you out and clear it up for you.

shirkers1
02-02-2007, 06:52 AM
BTL

I'll try again for you.

You said "...everyone". That implies that I made personal attacks in these recent posts here.

I didn't.

And your problem is?

Please include your "mantis specific talk" so the thread stays alive. Once again the trolls have attacked my threads, hopefully the individual and not the thread gets shut down.

Redfish, when you teach this set do you train individual tactics from the set first two man, then teach the set as a whole so the student has an understanding of what is going on in the set? Or do you teach the set then train the individual tactics? (the question is open to all)