PDA

View Full Version : Need some input

hskwarrior
02-26-2006, 06:17 PM
hey ffolks,

I'm about finished with my first book project called "The American Hung Sing Branch" which consists of primarily the histories of Jeong Yim, Yuen Hai, Lau Bun, Jew Leong and my sifu Dino Salvatera.

There will be lots of pictures especially of Lau Bun, but what i wanted to know is if you guys intended to buy this book, what are some of the things in it you would like to see other than the history side of things.

Now remember, this is just an introduction to our branch and tell much of our history for the first time.

so what about things like applications, etc? what would you look forward to seeing to complete this book i'm working on.

Hsk

Infrazael
02-27-2006, 12:30 PM
What I would like to see?

Your history will be there, so I don't need to mention that.

1. Practical applications of CLF for real-life circumstances.

2. Strategies and theories of attack, defense, invasion, evasion, and techniques. Both the exact-nature of certain techniques, and the overall philosophy behind CLF's fighting concept (ie, how to move).

3. A guide for training in CLF mabye? How to train your body for CLF mechanics

4. Generating Power

5. Differences in the structural, theoretical, strategic and philosophical differences between your Hung Sing branch and the other branches, namely Chan Family and Buk Sing.

I hope that helps. Of course it doesn't have to have all of that but those are some things I've been pondering over.

Peace

GreenCloudCLF
02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
I would like to see some applications as well, like the ones you have posted here priviously.

I think adding some weapons applications would be cool too, as you generally only see those in books specifically for weapons.

Also, I think no book would be complete without a picture of me!:cool: If you need one let me know...

hskwarrior
02-27-2006, 05:07 PM
cool, very cool.

thanks for your input it was exactly what i was looking for.

once again thank you.

hsk

htowndragon
02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
mainly show apps and the "form" for the "seed fists". u remember davdi chins hop gar book? pictures like that, but a little more detailed i guess.

so like show:

Gwa
Sow
Chop
Pek
etc. etc.

Infrazael
02-28-2006, 12:12 AM
No problem Frank. I've listed alot of the things I would love to see, and I'll probably come up with a bunch more.

Peace

TenTigers
02-28-2006, 10:23 AM
footwork, footwork, footwork.

X-Warrior
02-28-2006, 11:24 AM
I like history of any linage and probably the history of any martial arts. There is always something new someone discovers in this area. Aside from that I also like to read on the philosophy behind the arts. I think expanding on these two subjects will also give you a wider audience, not just CLF or your CLF linage.

Good luck with your book and let us know when you're done, maybe we can help you with the review before you publish it.