PDA

View Full Version : CLF in street, kind of.

bigdoing
02-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Ok, so I used CLF in a confrontation....its wasnt that serious but I thought Id share any way.

I work in a small bookstore, Im sitting at the register area, the enterance is to my right. We keep the door open all the time, and it is about three feet from where I sit. I hear some loud arguing outside
and look over my shoulder out the window to see to guys starting to yell at each other. I knew that situation
was esculating, and they started to get in the doorway of the store.

As I stood up from my chair to ask them to get out (one guys back was to me, the other facing me) the guy
facing me b*tch slapped the other, at the same time I stepped in the middle of them and told the attacker
to get F out of here & dont fight in front of the store (its a spiritual book store to top it off).

He imidietly got ****ed off at me and yelled at me the typical come back "you dont know me....you better back the
F up, blah blah...."

At this point I was just trying to get them to leave, then the guy behind me started talking more smack, and the
attacker looked like he was going to swing again, as he swung a wild right, I stepped into him in a ding ji ma
(wedge stance) my right arm doing a sow with the elbow and my left hand in a upward block (ding yut, palms pressing moon)
, I didnt try to hit the guy as this was not my fight, but I was in the middle of his attack. I pressed into him and ended up
knocking him onto the ground...

after he got up, his attitude changed and he held his distance, the guy that got hit called the police..the police came but the
attacker took off allready..the cops asked me what happend, I told them the story..they asked me if I wanted to press
charges, I said no....later the attacker came back and apologized to me.

I was nervous after he took off the adrenaline was making my knees shake...I love to spar but im not a street fighter so I guess
i couldnt controll the dump..

any way........allthough it wasnt to seriuos....I feel that my training worked, and I used CLF....

sorry if it was boring.

peace,
Bryan.

Fu-Pow
02-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Ok, so I used CLF in a confrontation....its wasnt that serious but I thought Id share any way.

I work in a small bookstore, Im sitting at the register area, the enterance is to my right. We keep the door open all the time, and it is about three feet from where I sit. I hear some loud arguing outside
and look over my shoulder out the window to see to guys starting to yell at each other. I knew that situation
was esculating, and they started to get in the doorway of the store.

As I stood up from my chair to ask them to get out (one guys back was to me, the other facing me) the guy
facing me b*tch slapped the other, at the same time I stepped in the middle of them and told the attacker
to get F out of here & dont fight in front of the store (its a spiritual book store to top it off).

He imidietly got ****ed off at me and yelled at me the typical come back "you dont know me....you better back the
F up, blah blah...."

At this point I was just trying to get them to leave, then the guy behind me started talking more smack, and the
attacker looked like he was going to swing again, as he swung a wild right, I stepped into him in a ding ji ma
(wedge stance) my right arm doing a sow with the elbow and my left hand in a upward block (ding yut, palms pressing moon)
, I didnt try to hit the guy as this was not my fight, but I was in the middle of his attack. I pressed into him and ended up
knocking him onto the ground...

after he got up, his attitude changed and he held his distance, the guy that got hit called the police..the police came but the
attacker took off allready..the cops asked me what happend, I told them the story..they asked me if I wanted to press
charges, I said no....later the attacker came back and apologized to me.

I was nervous after he took off the adrenaline was making my knees shake...I love to spar but im not a street fighter so I guess
i couldnt controll the dump..

any way........allthough it wasnt to seriuos....I feel that my training worked, and I used CLF....

sorry if it was boring.

peace,
Bryan.

Nice job, way to stay in control of the situation and thanks for sharing.

fu jow
02-28-2006, 12:58 PM
i think you handled it perfectly. you didnt over do it,and still sent a very clear message. i also love hearing stories like yours.

GreenCloudCLF
02-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Bryan,

Love to hear stories like yours. it is up to the few tokeep the order sometimes.

thedoodey
02-28-2006, 10:43 PM
good job SIHING!:D
glad you were trying to appease the situation, rather than provoke it : )

i just wrote a long post regarding this, but ill paraphrase what i said, i had a similar situation where i was overhwelmed with testosterone to the point where i was weak in the knees, luckily the guys left, but has anyone ever found themselves in a situation where adrenaline affected them in a negative way during a real fight, meaning weak knees made you incapable of fighting...as i fear that practice in class will help us prepare for fighting situations, but the mental and biological aspect of a real fight and practice are totally different and crucial if life depends on it.

bigdoing
03-01-2006, 08:15 PM
doodey who be you?

mondo? keon? randy?.....im thristy, get me a cup of water...jk

The few times ive been in a confrontation it was after that my adrenaline dump was felt...

even if you train full contact sparring, you know the person is not going to intentionaly kill you...so I dont think it will ever be conditioned in that sense.

of course better to get a black eye in class and learn to take some punishment that to not know what a hit feels like...

thedoodey
03-01-2006, 10:25 PM
i be pat, i dnno if you can put my name to a face : P...but i heard of ur recent news with ur job, i hope it works out for you, and hope you can squeeze in sometime to visit us! we need someone desperately for lion dancing, we're all trying to learn quickly to fill your spot....

haha it's hard to imagine any of those sihings you mentioned weak in the knees

oh and about the black eye, true that! keons showing me some chi gong for the abdomen, he's pretty good at it, he can take one of alex's heavy hits, i just hope one day i can build it up to his level.....

payce sihing take care : )

bigdoing
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Sidi Patrick,

Im going to be working graveyard from about 10pm to 6am, i just need more money and benifits and the like..plus going to school in the day, I just cant cut it with the job I have right now.

Im sure you guys will do good with the lion dance, if mondo does the head, just stay low in the back and follow his steps..shae your ass around and dont give the lion a F ing camel back!!!! plese what ever happens no camel back....

I wish I could be at the kwoon more....but life is what it is right now...

When im back in I look forward to everybody beating me up!!

keep me posted on the lion dance, as i always check these forums..

I dont post much but this is a good resource for kung fu..

peace,
bryan.