PDA

View Full Version : UFC 58 POLL: USA vs. CANADA

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2006, 10:00 PM
UFC 58: USA vs. CANADA, which features Rich Franklin versus David Loiseau in a middleweight title matchup.

Will Rich Franklin defend and keep his middleweight title? Mannnnnnn...I like them both. IMHO Franklin is more rounded than Loiseau and there is a good chance Franklin will win by KO. But that being said I’m afraid if the fight goes long enough, Loiseau might slice and dice Franklin with his ginsu elbows, stopping the fight. It should be a BLOW OUT! What are your predictions?

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2006, 05:46 AM
I’ve got some bad news :( …Kenny Florian is out with a bad back. Florian had stiffness in his back on Sunday and he thought it could be better by fight time.

"I felt like my back needed to be cracked on Sunday" Florian told MMAWeekly.com. "I tried to get up and I couldn't even get up."

Florian's back never got better over the next few days. He even tried to have the doctors in Las Vegas look at his back and they would not give him the go to fight this weekend.

"It looks like it's a pinched nerve and back spasms...It's really frustrating because I lost 20 pounds for this fight. I feel bad for my opponent as well” Florian told MMAWeekly.

This is too bad, because now that the lightweight division is back, finally Kenflo is at his best weight at 155 pounds. I wish you a speedy recovery Kenflo.

Chief Fox
03-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I think Rich will win. Not sure why. Don't know too much about the guy he's fighting.

It's a toss up between George and JP. I really like George. I think he's one of the best most versatile fighters around. I'd like to see him get another shot at Matt Hughes. BUT JP has been fighting in Japan for like 2 years so it will be interesting to see what he does. Also a re-match between JP and Hughes would be cool. I would like to see either of these guys fight and beat Huges. I just don't like that guy for some reason.

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2006, 04:02 PM
I think Rich will win. Not sure why. Don't know too much about the guy he's fighting.

It's a toss up between George and JP. I really like George. I think he's one of the best most versatile fighters around. I'd like to see him get another shot at Matt Hughes. BUT JP has been fighting in Japan for like 2 years so it will be interesting to see what he does. Also a re-match between JP and Hughes would be cool. I would like to see either of these guys fight and beat Huges. I just don't like that guy for some reason.
Yeah…I agree about Franklin, but DL is a force to recon with. He's a very aggressive fighter. He’s known for UNCONVENTIONAL ELBOW STRIKES. He loves to show boat with spin kicks and flying knees. I guess he started with a black belt in TKD. Now he’s into Muay Thai and he has developed a good guard on the ground. What I enjoy about DL is that he looks like a black Ong Bak in the cage. I know Franklin will be ready for him though. It should be exciting.

Chief Fox- Did JP fight in Pride during the past 2 years? And what do you think about Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie in April?