PDA

View Full Version : Which CLF Sifu is this?

Infrazael
03-01-2006, 01:14 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1466817336172334030&q=choy+li+fut

Please help me out, as I don't know who this is or what branch he's from.

Their stuff clearly doesn't look like Lee Koon Hung's (from all of the Kwang Dao and Spear forms I've seen in our branch). They don't seem to be Buk Sing.

Are the Hung-Sing or Chan Family? From what I hear Hung Sing is "harder" than some other CLFs, and the Chan Family likes to play their softer.

Again, my lack of knowledge on these matters. Feel free to correct me.

Peace

keilun
03-01-2006, 02:45 AM
The 1st one is Jue Siu Gei, who teaches Choi Lei Fut at Jing Wu in Hong Kong. He doesnt say which branch he represents, but from his curriculum hung up at Jing Wu I think he is under Lee Koon Hung (just my guess).
The 2nd one I dont know.
The 3rd one is Jan Chiu Yue, who learned partially from Lun Chi. He now teaches Buk Sing in taiwan and has just written a book on CLF on the Sup Ji form and its applications. He has written some great articles on CLF, and his son is a very good fighter. I have witnessed both of them fight in the ring and sucessfully win using CLF techniques, very good!
The 4th one I dont know.
The 5th one is Lai Hung, one of the Black Panthers of Bak Sing Choi Lei Fut.
The 6th one is Wong Gwai Cheun, an excellent Bak Sing practitioner from Hong Kong.

They are all great exponents of Hung Sing and Bak Sing.

Hope this helps!

Keilun

Eddie
03-01-2006, 06:45 AM
i think they are all Buk Sing. The flag in the back gave it away :rolleyes:

those older masters makes you realise how cool chinese martial arts really is :cool:

CLFNole
03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Chiu Siu Gei was a student of To Hon Cheung and is Sifu Sam Ng's si hing.

Infrazael
03-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks alot guys.

I really like the way they do their stuff (well, they ARE masters after all right?).

I just thought Buk Sing would be alot more different than the Hung Sing/LKH stuff I've seen. . . .

Turns out to be more similar than I thought.

Again, thanks.

Peace

CLFNole
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Buk Sing is Hung Sing. CLF is CLF (Chan Family, Hung Sing & Buk Sing) its just that everyone has their own style and flare. You will see different openings but the guts are generally all the same. You can watch someone do ping chan kuen and although different you still know its ping chan. The banquet is not all Buk Sing players but includes all CLF players. I have a few copies of their banquets and you will see Chan Family, Hung Sing as well as Buk Sing. The banquets are every year in Kwong Chow.

Also the 2nd Spear set is not CLF definately a northern set. You can tell by the style and the left hand play.

Peace.

hskwarrior
03-01-2006, 10:19 PM
WONG GWAI CHUEN is my favorite because he reminds me of how my sigung Jew Leong used to move.

Lai Hung is great, I recall back in China when he chose me to be the one to follow him to a bathroom pretty far away and stand guard while he changed his clothes and got into uniform.

Leo Chu or Chiu Siu Kay i met through Sifu Troy and personally signed all of books for me.

but he's right, Buk Sing IS Hung Sing except there is a split somewhere when 5 students were exchanged for northern students. But prior to that the buk sing people were another branch of Hung Sing just in a northern part of town.
there name was just shortened down to buk sing from buk hung sing kwoon.

however, all the openings have revolutionary meanings, and those beginnings (hoi Jong) were identifiable to each respective lineage.

That is how the Fut San Hung SIng Kwoon identified our CLF as being directly from fut san just based on our beginnings or openings. they said that out of many of the schools that were there to trace their roots they felt that we were the closest to what they did. and after seeing the video tapes for the first time i agreed we traced our roots.

peace.

hsk

Eddie
03-02-2006, 01:03 AM
if you click on the ' more videos' tab next to the video, you will see more videos from their events. some of students doing forms.

These guys really impress me. I think they are really very good, very focussed too.

nice to see good kung fu on the net :cool:

Infrazael
03-02-2006, 08:43 AM
WONG GWAI CHUEN is my favorite because he reminds me of how my sigung Jew Leong used to move.

Lai Hung is great, I recall back in China when he chose me to be the one to follow him to a bathroom pretty far away and stand guard while he changed his clothes and got into uniform.

Leo Chu or Chiu Siu Kay i met through Sifu Troy and personally signed all of books for me.

but he's right, Buk Sing IS Hung Sing except there is a split somewhere when 5 students were exchanged for northern students. But prior to that the buk sing people were another branch of Hung Sing just in a northern part of town.
there name was just shortened down to buk sing from buk hung sing kwoon.

however, all the openings have revolutionary meanings, and those beginnings (hoi Jong) were identifiable to each respective lineage.

That is how the Fut San Hung SIng Kwoon identified our CLF as being directly from fut san just based on our beginnings or openings. they said that out of many of the schools that were there to trace their roots they felt that we were the closest to what they did. and after seeing the video tapes for the first time i agreed we traced our roots.

peace.

hsk

Frank, do you know of a CLF practitioner named Santiago Martello?

I believe he is of Futsan Hung Sing.

I've been talking to him over Email since I'm going down to Phoenix for college; he currently lives there.

It would be wonderful to have a CLF teacher.

hskwarrior
03-02-2006, 09:17 AM
how long has he been there?

i may know him by face, but the ony two non chinese that i know of that live in Fut San are Dan--my sihings student, and this black cat.

So when are you going to phoenix?

hsk

hskwarrior
03-02-2006, 12:04 PM
on the More Video's there is the grand opening of Buk Sing and the old man is Lun Chi, Tam Sam oldest surviving student.

can anyone understand what he's saying and if so can you relay that back to us in a nutshell?

hsk

Mano Mano
03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Eddie, the Opening part 1 video clip features three of Sifu Edmund Ng’s student from the UK with Sifu NG playing the drum.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=94056851902076883

Infrazael
03-02-2006, 12:37 PM
how long has he been there?

i may know him by face, but the ony two non chinese that i know of that live in Fut San are Dan--my sihings student, and this black cat.

So when are you going to phoenix?

hsk

I'll be down there in early August I think (middle of August at the latest).

He used to teach in Argentina from what I know. I don't have the link with me but I have it at home; I'll give you the URL for the Argentinan school.

But I think it says Fut San Hung Sing though.

Eddie
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
so the english are not just good ar comedy hey :) (I recently discovered Little Britain and cant get enough of it). Actually, the tan should have given it away :) .

they pretty good. I only know Alex Morris (from here mostly) who was or is a student of master ng. Respetc to those guys. :cool:

btw - does anyone know how do you download the video clips to your harddrive?

Mano Mano
03-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Eddie, yeh but, no but, yeh but no but, but yeh but I am the man of whom you speak. I haven’t been active of late I have what’s we called in the trade a dodgy right elbow.
At the moment I can’t do any linear strikes chap choi & tse choi with my right arm.
I’ve been keeping my martial arts alive though by doing Doce Pares Eskima, because of the different body mechanics it doesn’t affect my elbow. Still hoping to get back to CLF some day.

PS I can fix you up with someone just like Vicky Pollard.