PDA

View Full Version : be a black belt in 1 easy payment & 30 minutes!

5thBrother
03-02-2006, 04:56 AM
http://www.spinmaster.com/files/commercials/SMBK.5003%20BLACK%20BELTS.mov

:D

SimonM
03-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Someone needs to give Tommy Nitro a gutter smiley.

Hephaestus
03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Ye gods...

Chief Fox
03-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Aiy, Sensei Tommy! KIAHHHHH!

GreenCloudCLF
03-02-2006, 01:01 PM
See, you guys need to think from a marketing stand-point...

I just bought the bag (which comes with a black belt)...I can now add Karate black belt to my martial arts resume....Sensei T. Nitro...

It goes well with my Judo, Krav Maga, Haganah, and of course, Kung-Fu training...

SimonM
03-02-2006, 04:10 PM
What the hell good is an inflatable heavy bag anyway?

David Jamieson
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I saw one of those packages at the walmart being eyed up by a couple of fat kids making kiah sounds at each other while their fat mom complained about something or another.

I laughed, and laughed and thought to myself, someones gonna have to go and lay the smack down on sensei tommy. lol

is it just me, or is sensei tommy about 16 years old?

good job at letting me rip you off kids! Here's a super bast4rdized pile of crap that mocks every hard working karateka that ever there was.

SimonM
03-02-2006, 07:47 PM
And what's with the streak in his hair? Does he think it makes him look cool?

Tommy Nitro: The perfect image of a complete and utter geek making a fortune off of the karate image.

GreenCloudCLF
03-03-2006, 06:03 AM
And what's with the streak in his hair? Does he think it makes him look cool?

Tommy Nitro: The perfect image of a complete and utter geek making a fortune off of the karate image.

Come on...the streak worked for Vanilla Ice!

Fu-Pow
03-03-2006, 12:12 PM
YES!!! This is exactly the kind of training I've been looking for!!! Good by Sifu hello Johnny Nitro!!

Becca
03-05-2006, 11:14 PM
What the hell good is an inflatable heavy bag anyway?
More accuratly called a free-standing focus bag. makes an "cool" boing sound when you hit it hard.:D I bought one for my kids last summer, though I use it myself every once in a while. You can't hit it hard and get anything out of it, but it is a good training tool so long as you understand that it is for training timing and form but nothing else.:)

Becca
03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Come on...the streak worked for Vanilla Ice!
No, it didn't. Nor did his atempt to transform himself into a metal singer... Picture him with dred locks singing "Ice ice, Baby" to heavy guitar track.:rolleyes:

GreenCloudCLF
03-06-2006, 04:33 AM
No, it didn't. Nor did his atempt to transform himself into a metal singer... Picture him with dred locks singing "Ice ice, Baby" to heavy guitar track.:rolleyes:

I've heard the song....:mad:

SimonM
03-06-2006, 04:50 AM
The ad specifically says "inflatable heavy bag".

I want my heavy air ****it!:D

Shaolinlueb
03-06-2006, 03:05 PM
well its good to get little kids into martial arts, they can learn the basic kicks and punches. personally i think its a great gimmick to make money. plus it also goes to show you dont need any type of martial arts experience to make money. i doubt sensei tommy is someone big.

Mook Jong
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
well its good to get little kids into martial arts, they can learn the basic kicks and punches. personally i think its a great gimmick to make money. plus it also goes to show you dont need any type of martial arts experience to make money. i doubt sensei tommy is someone big.

You must be joking. Only a very prominent martial artist would be able to get that kind of recognition. And i guess you guys havent heard about the advanced kit: it teaches you the crain kick from karate kid which is unstoppable............except in the second movie.

David Jamieson
03-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I agree it's good to get kids into martial arts.

It's another thing entirely to sell them a pig in a poke.

Becca
03-06-2006, 08:12 PM
What's a pig in a poke?:confused:

David Jamieson
03-06-2006, 08:41 PM
pig in a poke is an old saying. a poke is a bag, the pig would be put into the bag and sold to someone as something else other than what was actually in the bag...which was a pig.

It's kind of like selling someone a 'bill of goods'...which would be the american equivalent of the same colloquialism. :p

basic translation: ripping them off.

SimonM
03-07-2006, 06:46 AM
I agree with DJ. Selling children a karate uniform, complete with black belt through the auspices of a commercial that says that they will "master Karate" and "join the Black Belt Club" is just inethical. I am all for getting kids into martial arts early. I'm also ambivalent towards belts and dead set against black belts for kids too young to drive.

Shaolinlueb
03-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I agree it's good to get kids into martial arts.

It's another thing entirely to sell them a pig in a poke.

exactly, but the marekting company doesnt care, they are making money. as for tommy nitro. i highly believe he is just made up by the marketing company. he may have some experience, but doubt he is nationaly recognized. i did a google search for him and found nothing.

SimonM
03-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh! No doubt his credentials would bounce like a rubber check on a trampoline if you gave them any serious scrutiny. I'd still like to give the little twerp a gutter smily... losing some teeth would possibly make him recosider what method he uses to make money...

David Jamieson
03-07-2006, 05:15 PM
So we are in agreeance then? Good.

Tommy Nitro, master of asshattery and skunkhead stripes must die.

rememeber that we must all attack at once and not one at a time like the rest of the ninjas.

SimonM
03-07-2006, 11:32 PM
And thus one of the strangest online conspiracies of all time was born.

GreenCloudCLF
03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
The name Tommy Nitro is obviously his stage name...you know like Dirk Diggler...

IMDB turns up his real name The REAL Tommy Nitro (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2032614/).

Googling his real name, turns up only the video stuff...so if he has any training...it is not to be found on the internet...