PDA

View Full Version : kung Fu NOT used in an encounter..or maybe?

brothernumber9
03-02-2006, 02:17 PM
some of these posts of using kung fu in a street situation just made me remember a few instances I had a ways in the past.

In the early 1990's I was working for my Sifu at his Martial arts supply shop, "Flying Dragon: Martial Arts Supply" was what it was called, in Wheaton, Maryland.

We (the store employees and all but a few, were students of our Sifu) usually only worked one to a shift. We were in a small strip of stores where at one end was a Duncan Donuts where all the local homeless guys and alcoholics would loiter. One evening a drunk guy walked into the store. To the left as one would enter there were display racks full of stainless steel sharpened swords and other various chinese and japanese weapons.

The drunk guy turned to all the weapons, opened his arms and said "TOYS!"...Then turned toward me and said, " YoU! PicK anY One! I'm gonna fIghT YoU!!". In my normal ignorant self I just said, "Huh?!"
He then said, "PicK Aaany WeaPoN, I'll KicK your a$$!, I'll kick ANYONE's A$$!!".

I said, "Oh yeah? well that's not what Tony told me, he said he'd kick YOUR a$$."
The drunk guy then said, "What!?!?, TOny?!?! WhEre Is HE?!?"
I said, "He's at Duncan Donuts right now! If I were you I would'nt take that from him!"

And off he went to find some guy name Tony at Duncan Donuts.

A half minute later one of My Sihings Rodolpho walked in the door, and after a brief greeting said, "Hey, you know some guy is laying on the ground between the cars over near Duncan Donuts."

True Story. But anyone who's ever worked at any kinda shop like that knows that all the crazy a$$ kooks eventually come through the door looking to be a ninja or show you something they learned from bruce lee "and what not".