Hieronim
03-06-2006, 01:16 AM
which one did you think was better?

choyleefat_604
03-06-2006, 01:38 AM
i say saw 2

GreenCloudCLF
03-06-2006, 05:09 AM
They were different movies...I don't know if one was better than the other, just different.

Saw went to a place movies don't generally go.

Saw 2 upped the ante a little bit...

Like comparing apples and oranges.

dwid
03-06-2006, 05:44 AM
They were both better than a lot of what passes for horror in the U.S. these days. They were modern, interesting, and suspenseful, without stealing all their tricks or ideas from Japanese directors. I love Japanese horror, but it seems like lately all American horror movies are remakes of Japanese horror (The Ring, Dark Water, The Grudge, etc...) or that they stylistically borrow so heavily from Japanese movies that they may as well be remakes (White Noise, some others I can't think of offhand right now). Anyway, the Saw franchise is an original and very Western type of horror. I like them both.

Hieronim
03-07-2006, 03:48 AM
saw 2 was more predictable and less suspensful though (except the end). Are they making a 3rd one?

dwid
03-07-2006, 05:26 AM
Isn't the rule in Hollywood to continue making sequels until they don't make money, and then make one or two more after that just to be sure? :D

I'm sure there will be a Saw 3.

SimonM
03-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Saw 2 sucked gangrinous donkey balls... Stupid, saw it a mile away, predictable twist ending, same stretching credability premise as a million other slasher flicks.

I never saw Saw 1 but I rather think I won't bother.

GreenCloudCLF
03-07-2006, 02:07 PM
saw 2 was more predictable and less suspensful though (except the end). Are they making a 3rd one?

3rd one due out...it was either Oct of this year or Mar of next year...I forget (probably Oct this year though)

qiphlow
03-08-2006, 12:35 PM
saw was MUCH better! original concept, jaw-dropping ending, hacksaw to the leg, AND>>>>>
the guy made it for very little money, AND got cary elwes and danny glover to star!

saw 2 was effing STUPID! the studios really know how to screw up a sequel!

FuXnDajenariht
03-08-2006, 01:51 PM
saw 1 was incredible.

saw 2 was formulaic crap. i did love the ending though. "all you have to do is sit and talk with me and you'll find your son in a safe and secure place" lol gotta love that.... :D