PDA

View Full Version : Combat Survey

scobuc
03-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Hi,

As a senior university lecturer I am conducting a widescale academic research project into the martial arts, specifically looking at the motivation and benefits people derive through training. As far as I know this is the first international survey of its kind.

I would appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to complete a couple of surveys at:

http://www.combatsurvey.com

I will continually update the site and in turn share findings which should benefit the martial arts community.

Kind regards,

Scott

Mr Punch
03-07-2006, 06:45 AM
Hello Scott,
welcome to the forum, hope you get and give us feedback on some interesting results.

Interesting questionnaire. Have a wee gripe or two though: question 11 has negative influences/positive influences but there were several things (like movies, what people think of me) that have no influence on me at all, negative or positive, but we couldn't choose a no influence option.

Also there is quite a bit of repetition in the last qs. I appreciate you have to make
sure your data is reliable but it was still too much.

Anyway, cheers.

What do I win?:D

SimonM
03-07-2006, 07:12 AM
I did your tests for you but I am slightly worried that if you come up for peer review the methodology of this survey may come under fire since your selection method was simply to advertise an online survey openly.

Selection methodologies for academic work are usually supposed to be more statistically significant than the "man on the street" style of survey.