PDA

View Full Version : How much training do you do?

Blacktiger
03-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi all

I just wanted to get an idea of how many classes/hours members on the forum do each week to get an idea of where Im at.

My regime is as follows:

Monday: 1 hour class
Tuesday: Night off
Wednesday: 1 hour private class with Sifu followed by 1 hour of Tai Chi
Thursday: 1 hour class
No class Friday
Saturday: 1 hour class. Then once a month we do an advanced class that runs for an hour or so.

I was doing Tuesday nights as well for a long time but stopped so as to give my body a little balance or rest.

:D

FooFighter
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Black Tiger,

In general most folks think "training" or working out is a localized event inside their gym, kwoon, fitness/health related studio, and/or dojo. However, what I have come to realize is we are always training or conditioning ourselves by the way we breathe, move, and hold ourselves. Our jobs and what we do all day when we are not "working out" at the club is conditioning. Most people forget this when planning their exercise program design. For me, it is my job to help balance your daily task or make your daily work better or easier. Most MA instructors or fitness professionals don't even think about this when you join their class and practice their system. Therefore, training for me is a daily thing but what does daily practice mean to me? Complete balance and learning to take what you learned and apply it in everything to you daily. This isn't just lip service. The way you conditon yourself is the way you flow or not flow.

I work as a full time CST (Circular Strength Training) instructor so my profession allows me to embody the principles and techniques in CST/RMAX. Teaching others to do what is found in CST has had a profound impact on how I train and how I live. I have to practice what I preach...

I daily practice my joint mobility which is my foundation for higher learning in the CST/RMAX system. These programs are Warrior Wellness, Intu-Flow, and Bodyflow.

I practice my clubbells twice a week or more depending on my program and work schedule. There are so much to explore with clubbells that this keeps me busy.

I keep a food journal and explore how my foods affects me mentally and physically.

I practice chi gung and mediation daily.

Every two weeks I read a new book on psychology, science, health, and fitness to keep me focus and to refine myself and my teaching skills.

On my "off days" I train to be fun, happy, relax, and patience with my friends and family because they are the reason why I train to be strong.

dainos
03-13-2006, 11:43 AM
heres my training schedule

tuesday :2 to 3 hours

wendsday about an hour and half

thursday 2 to about 3 &1/2

sat about 2 hours

5 months are form training about 2 months are grappling and 3 months of two man and last off 2 months of test training

this plan will change in about 8 month to be much harder

viper
03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Monday 1 Hour techniques 1.5 hour workout b it cardio or cal

tues 3 hours at the kwoon

wed 1 hour of either

thurs 3 hours at the kwoon

friday same as monday

saturday rest

sunday same as monday

SevenStar
03-15-2006, 11:44 AM
many of us, myself included, keep training blogs - check them out.

Vash
03-15-2006, 07:50 PM
He does.

Here's my basic training block:

During School (University, 3-5 days/Week)

Weight Training: Mon/Thurs - 1.5 Hours / Day - Full-Body Lifties

Karate/Conditioning: 8 Hours Total
Monday: 30 Min, 1.5 Lift (morning)
Tuesday: 1 Hour Before Class, 45min Teach Kid's, 1 Hour Instruction
Wednesday: 30 Min
Thursday: 30 Min, 1.5 Hour Lift (morning), 45min Teach Kid's, 1 Hour Instruction
Friday: 1 Hour
Saturday: 1 Hour

During school, I work 25-30 Hours a week, attend class 12-14 Hours a week, study 24-28 Hours, Drive 16-18 Hours (Depending on course load), spend time with friends, family, girlfriend

Out of School

Weight Training: Mon/Thurs - 1.5 Hours / Day - Full-Body Lifties

Karate/Conditioning: 11.5 Hours Total
Monday: 30 Min, 1.5 Lift (morning)
Tuesday: 1.5 Hour Before Class, 45min Teach Kid's, 1 Hour Instruction
Wednesday: 1 Hour
Thursday: 30 Min, 1.5 Hour Lift (morning), 45min Teach Kid's, 1 Hour Instruction
Friday: 1.5 Hour
Saturday: 1.5 Hour

Out of School, I work 40-45 hours a week, plus few hours driving, plus friends, family, gf

I eat a ton, 95% clean, sleep 8-9 hours, supplement, etc.