PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Kung-fu school in Northestern Gerogia area.

jassneal
03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Particularly in places like Hartwell, Washington, Athens, Royston, Anderson or around that area?

HopGar
03-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Check www.atlantamartialarts.com. Closest you'll get is in the Atlanta area.

Good luck

Peace

jassneal
03-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I live 2 hours away from Atlanta, are ther any places closer?

ricksitterly
03-11-2006, 02:24 PM
i know for a fact that there's a lot of training clubs/ schools in Athens. seriously your best bet would be to go there and check it out. Pick up a phone book to the local area and visit all the martial arts locations that sound interesting.

i live in Macon - so Atlanta is quite that far of a drive for me.

Oso
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
how far are you from Fayetteville NC?

this Sifu is there:

http://www.realhopgar.com/

worth the drive.

seriously, you're in the cma black hole of the US...the mid atlantic seabord.

Oso
03-11-2006, 08:36 PM
yea dude, Athens is probably where you want to look judging from the map I just looked at.

there is a 7* PM guy in Spartanburg SC but that's far ther than Athens.

I just met a CLF teacher from somewhere in southern SC or northern GA but I can't remember his name...he's Russian or Polish or some what like that...nice guy and seemed pretty tight if you can get another lead on him besides my vague ass description.

jassneal
03-12-2006, 05:06 AM
Thanks for all the help.

and

Oso do you have any more information about that CLF guy and where he is located at?

Oso
03-12-2006, 06:34 AM
sorry, I judged at a tournament with him in November but didn't get much info from him beyond what I said.

If you have the time, there is a tournament in Charlotte in early May put on by the same group...he might be there again. Google CACMA and follow the Event link to the tourney info...it's been a decent tournament in the past so it may be fruitful otherwise for you.

Judge Pen
03-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Are you close to Powder Springs? Theres a great CLF/Southern shaolin teacher there. If not, sean stonehart might be able to help you as well.

Also, theres some SD in Athens.

Judge Pen
03-13-2006, 04:08 AM
Are you clos to Covington, GA? Isn't that where ngofei (a guy that posts here often) is from?