PDA

View Full Version : TCM Treatment prices- UK

Sixthvenom
03-13-2006, 12:57 PM
For my Post viral fatigue(CFS), im going to go get treatment, via TCM.. I've been using Herbs(Just general Botanics, from my herbalist(Napiers))for about 9 months. But I think i might be better off with TCM.. But anyway, This question is for the TCM practitioners- What are reasonable prices for Herbs from TCM Clinics, I have about 4 places to choose from in my town, with varying prices.. The first place I went to, was 30 pounds for a weeks worth of herbs(And i thought 21 quid a month for a herbal tincture at Napiers was steep), This is very expensive i find.. Is that normal, The clinic is 'Herbal king' run by Dr Duo Gao, who has written an encyclopedia on Chinese Medicine and seems to has some great testimonials... So it seems like a good clinic.. But the price I find is a bit too much... Another place is 5 pound for a Days(Or 2) worth of a bag of herbs.. Expensive once again.(That's Herbmedic) And i've forgotten the price of the other place(Ming Imperial Herbal Inn), but they're similarly priced to the others.. And there's another place but I don't know much about it...

But anyway, if anybody know's of these places(They have branches all over the UK) and has experience with them etc and can tell me if the prices are reasonable, then please do and enlighten me.

Thanks. :)

Pakmei
03-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Hi there,
Might be wise to go to the RCHM (Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine) website.

You should be able to locate reputable herbalists within your area, as well as some usual information about the herbs, general prices etc.

Though the "Chinese" doctors maybe be good, usually westerners have great difficulty with the language barrier. The above website will give you a list of highly trained western practitioners in Chinese Herbs within your area, who will be able to discuss, explain the best option for your treatment.

All the best

Dave