PDA

View Full Version : unbelievable defense against purse snatch

fa_jing
03-14-2006, 10:22 AM
copied this over from dragondoor:

http://www.wimp.com/purse/?l=6665123

GreenCloudCLF
03-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Man, that one is as old as the jump kick one I posted...

I hereby nominate this week as vintage MA clip week.

fa_jing
03-14-2006, 11:01 AM
oh - looks convincing, anyone know if it is real?

GreenCloudCLF
03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
oh - looks convincing, anyone know if it is real?

I remember when I first saw it I thought it was fake, but after watching it today I don't know....

Anyone know th origin of this one?

tug
03-14-2006, 03:36 PM
The last time this was posted the general consensus was that it was fake, but I too don't know. Either way, it looks like it hurt.

ChinoXL
03-14-2006, 07:22 PM
omg it's real man.. men in asia are lil sticks.. even though i'm asian as well... but it just happens that they're really light over there.. lols

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-14-2006, 09:27 PM
hey guys did you see someone wrote gullible on the ceiling?

seriously though .... 20 bucks its part of a commercial.

Kapten Klutz
03-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Is it just me or does it look like she lands on her head? ( and with her neck at a nasty angle)

SifuAbel
03-15-2006, 01:31 AM
No thats his head.

Oso
03-15-2006, 08:11 PM
yea, she's bridging....

Kapten Klutz
03-16-2006, 02:31 AM
yea, she's bridging....

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Oso
03-16-2006, 06:02 AM
a good thing.

in collegiate stye wrestling, where the objective is to get your opponents shoulder blades against the mat for a pin, you want to keep yours off the mat as you can pin yourself.

AFAIK, what she did is a pretty classic supplex and threw him straight to a pinning position. If she wasn't bridging and landed first, a really stickler ref could give the pin to her opponent.

Kapten Klutz
03-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the full explanation.:) The bridge you described looked to me like she hit her head but if she had control there and was doing what she wanted to be doing it's even more impressive. I wish the video were longer so we could see the aftermath. If it's cctv this bit must be edited from a longer clip.

Oso
03-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Point of Fact: I've never even contemplated trying to do a supplex straight into a bridge. I think you would want the force to be taken by them and then bridge up right after the impact.

truewrestler or maybe MP could offer better hands on commentary I think.

rubthebuddha
03-16-2006, 10:12 AM
you only want to go into full bridge if your name is curt hennig. otherwise, just plex them and call it good.

ShaolinTiger00
03-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Point of Fact: I've never even contemplated trying to do a supplex straight into a bridge. I think you would want the force to be taken by them and then bridge up right after the impact.

truewrestler or maybe MP could offer better hands on commentary I think.

Actually the bridge should always be part of the throw and is started at the lift to maximize the power.

Oso
03-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Right...the arch of the bridge being part of the throw.

But, it doesn't seem like you would want your head to be the very first thing to hit...as in, let their shoulders take the brunt of the impact with your head landing just after that.

but, as I said, never done it or even been taught it by a coach.

metsubushi
03-21-2006, 05:36 PM
It's fake. She throws the purse and he doesn't run away or go after it, but stays there jiggling his legs pretending like he has her in a headlock. Then he completely stops moving when he gets lifted up in the air to brace himself for impact.

Kymus
03-21-2006, 06:58 PM
a friend of mine said it's from a commercial..

Oso
03-21-2006, 06:59 PM
It's fake. She throws the purse and he doesn't run away or go after it, but stays there jiggling his legs pretending like he has her in a headlock. Then he completely stops moving when he gets lifted up in the air to brace himself for impact.

Gold Star.

ShaolinTiger00
03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Right...the arch of the bridge being part of the throw.

But, it doesn't seem like you would want your head to be the very first thing to hit...as in, let their shoulders take the brunt of the impact with your head landing just after that.

but, as I said, never done it or even been taught it by a coach.

You're head doesn't hit if you do it right, as you arch back you're turning the corner. (arch back and look over your inside shoulder)

and his trunk is above your head and you want to plant him right on his head. DUMP. SPLAT. STICK.

Oso
03-21-2006, 08:37 PM
ok...we had one guy (around 132) in HS that pinned with it and he maintained the bridge through the 3 count as best I remember (20+ years ago)

I get the 'turning the corner' though, makes sense.