PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Schools In NYC

DocWho
03-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum. I have studied 7 Star Praying Mantis (Grandmaster Chiu Leun's sect) for about 5 years during the '90s and am now looking to study a different northern Mantis style.

I am based in the NYC area and is looking for either a Six Harmony or an Eight Step Praying mantis school. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lama Pai Sifu
03-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey...what's your name? I know a few of your Sifu's disciples...

How did you enjoy your training with him?

Three Harmonies
03-21-2006, 05:43 PM
No Liuhe that I know of. No good Babu either, but I may not know of some. Ilya Profatilov is in Conneticut teaching Liuhe and Meihua, but you will only get Meihua from him, not any liuhe.
Jake :)

TaichiMantis
03-21-2006, 07:30 PM
You should try Tony Chuy's School. (http://www.northernmantis.com/sifubio.html) He is seven star but he also studied under Chui Chuk Kai so he knows taiji tanglang forms.

EarthDragon
03-22-2006, 06:58 AM
I know its a drive but you can cross the river and learn 8 step from my kung fu brother in sayreville NJ. look up the address at 8step.com welcome to the forum and good luck.

DocWho
03-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks everybody for your input.

TaichiMantis - Tony Chuy teaches mainly 7 Star. As I remember years back before I started learning MA when I visited his school, TC Mantis was taught to advance students.

EarthDragon - Sayreville NJ is about an hour of travel by car. I live in NYC and don't have a car.