PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating Palms

fiercest tiger
03-26-2001, 07:15 AM
i notice on a couple of threads that you are striking the bag and not moving it. We in ykm have a vibrating palm skill that when it hits it vibrates and you feel it to the bones. This is internal striking just like hitting the bag and not making it swing, you want to make the chi rebound inside the persons body.

we have a conditioning method and internal form that has all slapping and vibrating palm techniques aimed at internal organs, and the spine.

do any of your forms have these methods and training for vibrating palms?

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Shaolin Master
03-26-2001, 08:45 AM
Don't use a normal bag should use a combination of metals, sands and herbs (which ones well hehehe), the materials actually assist Qi generation. Like a gentle natural magnetic field whilst imposing many other advantages.

Well, at latter stages you'd use an unmentioned substance in which the palms are simply sat inside then by utilisation of your Qi, Yi and related factors included some muscle action to commence with hands start to tremble softly yet the substance moves tremendously. This is a small part of only one set of 36 of Mizhong Fujian Lohan Quan.

If your vibrating palm has it then it is similar if not could be something different.

Well Keep practising :)

Shi Chan Long

blacktaoist
03-26-2001, 09:47 PM
There are many approaches to palm training. My sifu system uses internal Ch'i kung methods to produce the desired results. The other method we practice is striking a canvas bag filled with bean or rice and applying liniments and oils to the hands, this protects the hands from the shock of contact except for the Lao kung point. So the only draw back to this method is that, if practice incorrectly, your hands will be **** up!!! One method that i practice to develop a vibrational palm is fill a bucket full of water and put a square pine board on top of the water,the goal is to strike the board and break the pine board as it is a float on top of the water. To be able to break the pine board requires focus and control also perfect timing and good Vibrating Energy. My Vibrating skill is not that good, so my sifu teach me more Reeling and Pulling the silk training. peace

fiercest tiger
03-27-2001, 03:07 AM
shaolinmaster,
how long does your methos take to develop the hands fighting?

blacktaoist,
i know about the water training, never tried it out but now that you have refreshed my mind ill give it a shot. would you say that the vibrating palm of your style is more used than a usual iron palm method?

thanks guys
;)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Shaolin Master
03-27-2001, 03:55 AM
How long does it take to do anything....time is relative!

blacktaoist
03-27-2001, 07:24 AM
My sifu teach me more Nei Kung methods to produce the vibration palm skill, it takes a long time to reach a high level, but my sifu feels that the Nei Kung methods of Yin style is the healthiest and produces the longest lasting results then Iron Palm training. More time is spent on Piercing palm in my style then the Vibration palm. peace

fiercest tiger
03-27-2001, 07:58 AM
ok well what period of time before you can use it!

or is that to harder a question to ask?

:rolleyes:

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Shaolin Master
03-27-2001, 08:19 AM
Classically it is said
"1000 Days times 2 Incense burns is the initial achievement for true depth"

Though again time is relative to weather, seasons, individual, etc.....

Also pending as to what is considered an achievement as realistically there is no achievement and when think you have one it really is beyond reach.

In other words it can be effective from day one as it could even take years....relative :)

Regards and peace
Shi Chan Long

BIU JI
03-27-2001, 04:07 PM
Shaolin Mumbler with you I'm sure it's all academic , nothing of personal experience huh! From your condition (or lack of) I don't doubt this is just another regurjitated snip pit of your "extensive knowledge".
Give it up,,,,,,,, :(

wujidude
03-28-2001, 06:43 PM
Personally I haven't used a vibrating palm since I was in junior high school. I prefer a woman myself.