PDA

View Full Version : Real classic clip

Gert
03-22-2006, 04:36 AM
Real Classic :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3188850510944037231

You need text with this? :rolleyes:

OK, for those who need an explanation with this, then here we go:

1. The attacker is running from a huge distance (the bull)
2. The defender is moving out of the line at the last moment (bullfighter remove the red rag)

There is just one problem: in normal fighting situations it doesn’t work with human beings.

GJ.

IRONMONK
03-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Real Classic :

2. The defender is moving out of the line at the last moment (bullfighter remove the red rag)

There is just one problem: in normal fighting situations it doesn’t work with human beings.

GJ.

So your saying moving out of the way of an attack(offlining) doesnt work?

Kapten Klutz
03-22-2006, 08:49 AM
That video is a joke, right? It starts out funny and just gets better from there. Like how the beefy guy at 00:42 gets KO'd (with sound effects)....twice! You'd think he'd learn. Nice music tho.

Doug H
03-22-2006, 08:55 AM
very funny lesson. now I feel comfortable with someone attacking me with a chopping board.

WingTsun20
04-17-2006, 06:39 AM
It was an explanation on shifting your weight in footwork to show the mobility... Its not a fight or anything just summit technical

ghostofwingchun
04-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Real Classic :

GJ.

This is I am thinking rampant in many traditional martial arts . . . and it is one of the possible signs of bullshido . . . is demonstration of things that simply will not work in a realistic setting . . . with opponent that is not complete idiot . . . lol . . . and when I see these things it makes me question person making demonstration . . . do they know that what they do will not work? . . . if so then why demonstrate it? . . . or do they not know? . . . which says much about them and their ability . . . and I do not buy into statement they are just showing something technical like footwork not genuine application . . . or not showing it in proper context . . . or it is just the concept . . . how is showing something that will not work a demonstration of anything except incompetance . . . anyone can show lots of things that will not work . . . lol . . . they can demonstrate all kinds of nonsense . . . and rationalize incompetance . . . my view is if person has genuine skill why not just show the technical in application in proper context and so on . . . how it is meant to be used . . . not how it is not meant to be used . . . lol. One other thing . . . I have noticed that many of the things that impress . . . or instruct lol . . the unskilled in demonstration are very different than things that impress or instruct the skilled . . . and most of these demonstrations are directed at unskilled . . . and take advantage of fact that unskilled is easily impressed and often gullible . . . anyway this is my view at the present.

Thanks,

Skeptical Ghost

Gert
04-17-2006, 07:16 AM
It was an explanation on shifting your weight in footwork to show the mobility... Its not a fight or anything just summit technical
Runners also show a lot of mobilty! :)

The explanation is done in a real childisch way, oversymplyfied and I don't think anything shown in this clip will work in real fighting.

GJ.

Buddha_Fist
04-17-2006, 12:10 PM
The attacker just needs to instinctively re-face and he will find LT unbalanced at his mercy. A little push and it's over...

:eek:

lawrenceofidaho
04-23-2006, 10:57 AM
One disadvantage of the full weight shift when turning is that it is relatively slow.

If the paper fist were a hard left jab (which LT turned to avoid), and was immediately followed by a fast right cross that targets his new postion, -most people attempting a second turn (shifting the weight to the other leg and rotating the waist in the other direction) in order to evade the right hand would be far too slow to get out of the way.

Some fast and athletic people are able to make it work (somewhat) against opponents who are less skilled than they are, but average people are rarely able to make it work against anyone, IME.